WW2 shooters; any recommendations?

Arkhangelsk

Mar 1, 2009
As opposed to most shooter enthusiasts, I have not played a single WW2 shooter in my life. But I've played small parts of certain games (the prologue in BC2, BF1943 demo, and so on) and my question is: What would you say is the best WW2 shooter? Doesn't matter if it's single player or multi player (although recommendations on both would be nice).

Acidwell

Beware of Snow Giraffes
Jun 13, 2009
Adding to the cod2 recommandation above especially if you want multiplayer other than that i'd say return to castle wolfenstein is good for single player and battlefield 1942 is the second best multiplayer.
(Be careful though since cod2 is nothing like cod 4 or mw2)[sub]its better[/sub]

Hazy

Jun 29, 2008
Pimppeter2 said:
"But Commissar, These are Potatoes!"
"REAL grenades are valuable! In fact, they are worth a lot more than you are! Vasili, go slaughter teddy bears for my amusement!"

Also: MOH Frontline.

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
Besides Call of Duty 2, I have to recommend Call of Duty 2:Big Red One. The story's so good, to this day me and my brothers
still mourn the death of Brooklyn and Hawkings

I guess I can recommend Call of Duty:World at War, but that's only for the Russian campaign.

soapyshooter

That Guy
Jan 19, 2010
soren7550 said:
Besides Call of Duty 2, I have to recommend Call of Duty 2:Big Red One. The story's so good, to this day me and my brothers
still mourn the death of Brooklyn and Hawkings

I guess I can recommend Call of Duty:World at War, but that's only for the Russian campaign.
good to see im not alone! BRO had a fantastic story.

OT: the best WW2 shooter, imo, has to be Call of Duty 2.

SnootyEnglishman

May 26, 2009
Medal of Honor Frontline or Medal of Honor Rising Sun the latter one is better..it goes on the japanese of end WW2 instead of the Nazi front.

Thatsomebody

Feb 19, 2010
I recommend Call of Duty 2 it was the best shooter I played and the Russian campaign was my favorite one and also the tank missions were good

ingsoc

Feb 12, 2008
The Brothers in Arms series was the best I have played as a whole. Hell's Highway was excellent. It was easily the best game of 2008. It took everything set up by the first two, made some nice additions to the game play and wrapped everything around a great story. As always, it is an FPS so it is best played on the PC but the tactical components are simply enough that it is playable on a console.

YuheJi

Mar 17, 2009
Red Orchestra is easily my favorite multiplayer WW2 shooter out there.

Iwata

Feb 25, 2010
For single-player: Call of Duty 2, Return to Castle Wolfenstein, Medal of Honour: Allied Assault.

For multiplayer: Battlefield 1942 + expansions.