WWE2K15's My Career mode, what will your CAW be?

Rozalia1

Mar 1, 2014
http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2014/0930/582519/wwe-2k15-mycareer-details-revealed/

More details on that mode has been revealed a while back, and though I doubt it'll be as good as it sounds (less disappointment that way), if its decent it should allow you to give character to your created characters (though you'll likely have to fill in some blanks).

What will your CAW strive to be? Mine will be the vain gorgeous heel as I am a total mark for that gimmick. You can also hire managers apparently so I'll be getting myself a female manager soon as.
Allies will be other beautiful people (not as beautiful as my own CAW of course), enemies will be any uggos...so basically most people.

The_Blue_Rider

Sep 4, 2009
Man that actually sounds really good, its a real shame I wont be able to play it for ages since I dont own a next gen system. I know I could play it on my PS3, but I really dont like playing to previous gen version of a game available on 2 different generation consoles.

However this doenst mean I cant fantasize, I usually create a monster face CAW named Machina, about 6'1 and heavily muscled, with a Goatee so magnificent you barely notice the permanent scowl on his face. He's a big fan of german suplexes, and suplexes in general, and his finisher is a variant of the Stunner. Best I can describe it is the F5, however instead of just dropping them like Lesnar does, Machina spins them out into a stunner. Also he's a big fan of the torture rack.

I guess my guy is a little vanilla, but I just really love the monster face gimmick. And the monster heel gimmick as well. I really like monsters in wrestling, which is why Im loving Brock as the champion so far. (also push Ryback again, that dude is awesome hint hint WWE Creative).

I really hope this mode turns out as good as it sounds, all the recent wrestling games have been pretty dissapointing in the actual story content. I miss the early days of Smackdown vs Raw where they just had multiple storylines you could play out with the wrestler of your choice, with multiple different outcomes. I think it was in 2006 where there was this awesome storyline about who hit Teddy Long with their car, and depending on what happens, it could turn out to be you who did it. You dont get that in the recent games really. Yeah the 30 years of Wrestlemania was nice, but I'd prefer original story content made for the game.

ps Bring back General Manager mode, if given more attention that would be my favourite part of any new wrestling game

Varrdy

Feb 25, 2010
I was really stoked that 2k15 would have a focussed mode for CAW's. Having played WWE '12, WWE '13 and 2k14 with the same CAW, making changes to his moveset, theme, look and behaviour depending on whether the "AI" decided he was going to make a totally unexpected Heel Turn without my input. The chance to play him from the ground up, rather than have him come in as a mid-card but established wrestler was really making me excited.

My CAW is called Conrad Victor Ward, a British light-heavyweight with a military gimmick, hence his announced name "Commander C.V.W" and the crowd and commentators referring to him as "The Soldier". Whilst not the most agile, he's quick for his size and his moveset is a blend of amateur wrestling moves and a fair amount of suplexes, kinda like Jack Swagger. He's a big fella but prefers backhand chops (Woooooo!!!!) and martial-arts style kicks to forearm punches. Despite being a face, he can be brutal in no-DQ matches (I'm a Mick Foley fan!) and has no qualms about laying an opponent out on the announce table before delivering an elbow drop from the top rope...and that's a bloody long way down!

Anyway, my point is that I had to make up his rise in my head, which is not hard for me as I have a very active imagination , but I would like to start him at the beginning as a raw rookie.

So when I learned that the MyCareer mode was only going to be on PS4 and XBox One , you can fully appreciate how pissed off I am and just how loud my Cartmanesque shout of "AW, GOD-DAMMIT!" actually was.

Aris Khandr

Oct 6, 2010
Still waiting on confirmation of the PC release before I get too worked up on which of my characters I'll use for the mode. I've got a roster of about 30 characters now, since I built my own promotion in one of the older games. So lots of options to choose from. I wonder if other CAW characters will be available to choose as allies/managers.