X-Men: Apocalypse Cast Front and Center on New Empire Covers

StewShearerOld

Geekdad News Writer
Jan 5, 2013
X-Men: Apocalypse Cast Front and Center on New Empire Covers

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1299/1299331.jpg
Empire has released images of nine planned X-Men: Apocalypse variant covers.

On the off chance the "Apocalypse" subtitle didn't clue you in, mutant warriors blast each other to bits? That's straight-up visual candy.

Hoping to draw in excited fans, Empire has recently unveiled a series of variant covers focusing on different members of <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/142149-New-Behind-the-Scenes-Star-Wars-Photos#&gid=gallery_4590&pid=1>the film's cast. There are nine covers in total, each featuring a high quality image of a main character or character pair. Driving home the high stakes of the film, each cover also promises, in bright bold lettering, that "The End is Nigh." The Apocalypse issue of Empire will go on sale on March 31st.

While all of the covers are cool, the one that has me the most curious is the cover focused on Charles Xavier. While there have been a few glimpses of bald Xavier in trailers, Professor X has, in most of what we've seen, still been shown with a full head of James McAvoy hair. The Professor X Empire cover, comparatively, showcases the character in all of his classic cue ball glory. It leaves me wondering exactly what's going to happen to finally rob him of his locks and how much bald Professor X we'll actually see in the film. We'll find out on May 27th when the X-Men: Apocalypse finally hits the big screen.
[gallery=6021]

Source: Empire

Ukomba

Oct 14, 2010
I can't put my finger on it, but Psylock doesn't look right in that picture. It's like something's wrong with her proportions, her head just seems way too large for her body. Is it just me?

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
Ukomba said:
I can't put my finger on it, but Psylock doesn't look right in that picture. It's like something's wrong with her proportions, her head just seems way too large for her body. Is it just me?
No, I see it as well. Jesus, how did that get past the editor?

And is anyone truly hyped for this movie? X-men is on it's 9th movie, if you count Deadpool. And I haven't seen people give less of a shit about a superhero movie trailer than this movie.

EDIT: Also, why does Mystique need armor? Does that not make her powers completely fucking useless?

EDIT EDIT: What happened to the huge upgrade in costumes in First Class? Now we're back to boring dark generic armor clothes again?

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Bob_McMillan said:

And is anyone truly hyped for this movie? X-men is on it's 9th movie, if you count Deadpool. And I haven't seen people give less of a shit about a superhero movie trailer than this movie.

EDIT: Also, why does Mystique need armor? Does that not make her powers completely fucking useless?

EDIT EDIT: What happened to the huge upgrade in costumes in First Class? Now we're back to boring dark generic armor clothes again?
To EDIT 1, I guess she can always just strip is she need to look like someone else.

While I'm not super hype per say but I will go definitely see it more than Superman Vs Batman (I have no intention on going to the cinema to watched it).

Lucane

Mar 24, 2008
Scarim Coral said:
Bob_McMillan said:

To EDIT 1, I guess she can always just strip is she need to look like someone else.

While I'm not super hype per say but I will go definitely see it more than Superman Vs Batman (I have no intention on going to the cinema to watched it).
Maybe she's using her powers to look like she's wearing a uniform or they made a special fabric for her.

Li Mu

Oct 17, 2011
It leaves me wondering exactly what's going to happen to finally rob him of his locks and how much bald Professor X we'll actually see in the film. We'll find out on May 27th when the X-Men: Apocalypse finally hits the big screen.
Perhaps Male Pattern Baldness. I mean, it affects a very large proportion of men. Seems like the most obvious answer.

distortedreality

May 2, 2011
Someone want to do an edit of all of them together? It would be cool to see Apocalypse towering over everyone - as it is the effect is kind of lost with the separate covers.

On the movie itself - I'm actually quite a big X-Men fan, and have been waiting for this movie to watch the more recent ones (haven't watched one since the original trilogy). I'm looking forward to it.

Feb 28, 2008
Bob_McMillan said:
I very much am; I have been waiting for Apocalypse to feature in an X-Men film since they released the first one back in 2000. I don't think the number of films ought to diminish our excitement for them, and, indeed, going by recent form (Deadpool, First-Class, DOFP) they aren't diminishing in quality.