X-Men: Apocalypse Shows Off Jubilee, Psylocke, And Young X-Men

Korenith

Oct 11, 2010
Chimpzy said:
RJ 17 said:
Apocalypse: You look like Thanos with a different coat.
Except Thanos looks like a big, imposing powerhouse. This Apocalypse? I dont know, he just comes off a bit too scrawny for a villain that can take on entire teams of superheroes by himself. I think his design & costume look more like it belongs in a Star Trek episode than it does in a Hollywood blockbuster.
I kind of feel the same. Apocalypse should tower over the other characters, instead in that shot he's about as tall as Storm which seems wrong. Maybe there'll be some post-production wizardry done and he'll end up making the other characters look like hobbits though so I won't panic just yet.

The rest look quite good I think and I love that this will be the motivation for Charles to provide combat training at his school. Cautious optimistic for this one.

Spaceman Spiff

Sep 23, 2013
What have they done to Apocalypse? He looks like a standard sci-fi henchman mook.

Nightcrawler and Magneto look awesome though. I really hope Archangel does too.

Darth Rosenberg

Oct 25, 2011
Zachary Amaranth said:
Really? Because it's the last two that have me ready to see what Fox can come up with.

The colour's nice, but the fact that they've given me movies I care about is more important.

Waiting to see the costumes in action before I judge too much.
Oh, absolutely, the designs need to be seen in context on screen before anyone can really judge, but I just admire that it seems they're finally getting it into their thick skulls that the X-Men have a history of colourful designs.

As for negativity towards the Fox franchise from beginning to present? Part of it's down to the fact that Fox continuity straddles the pre- and post- eras of Marvel Studio's MCU. In a world where no one knew any better... Fox are doing fine/okay/enough. But judged next to how Marvel Studios have approached comicbook adaptations? It's like night and day, good and bad, right and wrong. Marvel's fairly simple [not-so] secret formula amounted to; casting, understanding of character, and a plan for the longterm. Fox? Done goofed up on all three counts, right from the beginning - that's how you end up with a treckwreck of a plotline composed almost entirely of plotholes and because-reasons guff (DofP) designed to 'fix' what had been repeatedly smashed into the dirt... (also, what the hell was the point of rehiring Ellen Page to have Kitty do eff all? Page's Kitty being back was one thing I had looked forward to seeing, but they even screwed that up)

If Fox have to do some timeline hopping to render more faithful iterations of characters (e.g. what Apocalypse seems to be)? Then I'm fine with that. I'd prefer a complete do-over of the whole brand, but that's clearly not going to happen anytime soon.

Feb 28, 2008
As others have said, not certain about Apocalypse's appearance. It would be hard to translate the comic book and anime visuals to film, but still ... why are they missing out key details? The blue lips? The grey skin? The tendril/pipes coming off his suit? Hoping the post-prod wizardy will sort those out.

Also, this is relevant (if slightly unfair):

Grimh

Feb 11, 2009
Hell Ronan the Accuser looked more imposing and he basically just looked like a stronguy with a hammer.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BvLsWFAIYAAEt_W.jpg

Still it's just an picture. A strong performance can go a long way. Maybe it's just not his best angle.
The other stuff looks fine I guess.

Remus

Reprogrammed Spambot
Nov 24, 2012
Spot1990 said:
irishda said:
I'm left wondering if Psylocke's mutant power is keeping her vagina from popping out of her suit while she fights.
God I hope not... Wow, even disgusted myself with that one.
Apparently not.

I'm utterly surprised that this didn't get periscoped and distributed worldwide when it happened. Next in the Enquirer: The X-Men wardrobe malfunction THEY didn't want you to see!

Olrod

Feb 11, 2010
RJ 17 said:
Jubilee: No one cares about you.

Psylocke: About damn time.

If you're going to warn me for flaming, then you should warn RJ 17 for flaming too.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
Olrod said:
RJ 17 said:
Jubilee: No one cares about you.

Psylocke: About damn time.

If you're going to warn me for flaming, then you should warn RJ 17 for flaming too.
I didn't realize stating my opinion on Jubilee was flaming anyone. Besides, you don't care about my opinion, so why let it bother you?

Arqus_Zed

Aug 12, 2009
So, Nightcrawler's back.

Considering Days of Future Past asshole attitude towards First Class (killing off a ton of characters introduced in that film, off screen even), does this mean he won't be the love spawn of Mystique and Azazel?