X-Men: Days of Future Past Showcases Mystique in Action

StewShearerOld

Geekdad News Writer
Jan 5, 2013
X-Men: Days of Future Past Showcases Mystique in Action

Mystique heads to Vietnam to do some mutant-rescuing in a new clip from X-Men: Days of Future Past.

X-Men: Days of Future Past will be landing in theaters in just a few weeks time. In turn, fans of the franchise are likely only growing more eager to see where the Bryan Singer's film will go in its efforts to adapt one of the most famous X-Men stories ever written. A partial answer would be Vietnam.

That, at least, would seem to be the setting of a recent clip released by 20th Century Fox. The scene, which lasts about a minute, showcases a unit of mutants being forced to use their powers to aid the war effort. When the video begins, the unit is visited by an officer intent on returning the mutants home. Obstructing this is a young version of X-Men baddy William Stryker who is intent on moving the mutants to "a private facility" where they can undergo "a few more tests."

This, of course, doesn't go over too well with said officer who turns out to be Jennifer Lawrene's Mystique in disguise. She promptly shape shifts back to her normal self and tears the barracks apart with the help of the mutants who include First Class alumni Havok (Lucas Till). The clip ends with said troop of mutants boarding the a plane to leave the base.

Besides this sequence just being cool (as most things X-Men-related tend to be), it also contains a few snippets of interesting info. For one, Havok definitely seems like he's in better control of his powers than he was in First Class. More importantly though, when he asks Mystique where Magneto is she replies that she's busting them out on her own. This would definitely seem to fall in line with other bits we've seen in <a href=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsjtg7m1MMM>previous trailers showing the master of magnetism as a prisoner beneath the Pentagon. All in all, it's a fun clip and, just personally, has added more fuel to fire of my own personal hype for Days of Future Past. What do you guys think?

Source: <a href=http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=99449>Comic Book Movie

james.sponge

Mar 4, 2013
They released so many of those short clips I'm getting the impression I watched the entire film already.

NLS

Norwegian Llama Stylist
Jan 7, 2010
james.sponge said:
They released so many of those short clips I'm getting the impression I watched the entire film already.
Now that you mention it... Yeah. I almost could've sworn the movie has been out for a while now, and that I've just forgotten to watch it or forgotten that I watched it. It's gotten to the point that I've stopped watching these preview clicks and actually gotten less hyped for the movie, just because I don't want to watch the whole movie through a bunch of clips before it's actually released.

What, 3 weeks until release? By that time, I'll accidentally have watched the entire movie.

MarsProbe

Circuitboard Seahorse
Dec 13, 2008
ritchards said:
Ah, this is the clip in the ASM2 movie.
So, I was just about to wade in here and say "hey, this is that same clip that was shoehorned into the ASM2 credits" that doubtlessly got the casual moviegoer crowd all hyped up. That same crowd that'll be walking out of DoFP wondering where the Spiderman tie-in was.

I thought this clip seemed a little disjointed when it was shown in the cinema as well, will have to see how it appears in the movie.

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
So what did the guy with the spikes and freaky eyes do to the soldiers? Kill them or just make them pass out?

I am excited for this movie. The only thing I don't like about it is how it's Wolverine (again) who is selected to save the day. Can't we get someone else to be the hero, please? I mean, how many X-men are there to chose from?

And please bring Cyclops and Jean back. Pretty please. That was just crap what happened to them in X3.

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
looking forward to this movie.

@sniper
the poster i see here in hong kong appears that both of them are back.

WhiteTigerShiro

Sep 26, 2008
james.sponge said:
Yeah, that's about how I felt walking out of Spiderman 2. Seems that so much of the plot was in the trailers for the movie that I could have skipped it and wouldn't have missed a thing when Spiderman 3 eventually comes out.