X-Men Director Hates "Leaked" Movie Photo

MovieBob

Dec 31, 2008
Two observations:

#1 - Context is probably everything for the Magneto image: The helmet fits awkwardly and is clearly a (more comics-accurate as a shout-out) prototype to the one we've seen him wear "later" as an old man, he's PISSED about something, and he's wearing what's evidently the X-Men's "field uniform" under his jacket. Since we know this is a prequel about Magneto and Xavier founding the X-Men and then "breaking up" over ideology, one is given to conclude that what we're looking at is a portion of that "break-up" moment - i.e. "Screw you, Charles! I'm out, and you can't stop me cuz check out my helmet that cancels out your powers!"

#2 - Obviously Prof. X will have hair for most of the movie, so he can lose it in some big dramatic moment and everyone can go "oh, THAT'S how that happened..."

Exort

Oct 11, 2010
The Stonker said:
ShadowsofHope said:
..Ew.

EW.

EWWW.

Those costumes look really fucking disgusting. And, only Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellan can pull off the Magneto/X duo. At least, in my opinion.
Didn't Patrick kinda get blown up in X-men 3? Or is this movie about the past?

But anywho I would love to see Ricky Gervais as a X-men mutant.
Think of the hillarities!
But back to the topic, yes the costumes are disgusting, the makeup looks like it was splurted on and they look like mole people.
Since Magneto look so young, I think it is the past. At least part of it.

13lackfriday

Feb 10, 2009
ShadowsofHope said:
..Ew.

EW.

EWWW.

Those costumes look really fucking disgusting. And, only Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellan can pull off the Magneto/X duo. At least, in my opinion.
Yeah, a truly matched battle of the wits.

Dunno whether McAvoy can pull off the worldly, sageness of the Prof, and the helmet looks awful doofy on the new Magneto.

Jesus Phish

Jan 28, 2010
The offical photos look as bad/worse than the original one.

Magnettos helmet looks too big for his head and it makes his nose look crooked and Xavier just looks like a homeless Richi Rich.

Comma-Kazie

Sep 2, 2009
On the bright side, no one outside of the production staff and their families will consider this canon anyway.

samsonguy920

Mar 24, 2009
I am starting to think the only way I am going to get anything out of this movie is if I think they got turned into babies as what happened to Magneto in the comics.
The guy says he wants to be faithful to the X-Men and yet I can already tell he's making up his own continuity. At the ages portrayed here, Charles and Eric were good friends trying to find meaning to their lives. It wasn't until they found each of their destinies that a schism began to occur.

I am getting a strong vibe that either Fox or Vaughn are trying to play only to the Real World/Twilight/Harry Potter crowd. They are going to discover opening day how small that crowd has shrunken because of overdilution.
What sucks is that when this fails, Fox may decide they have invested enough money in comic book movies.

Tonythion

Aug 28, 2010
...I'm actually excited....I am a die hard X-men fan too! I nearly collected all of the cartoon episodes (You know the one with the kick ass music and Rogue wasn't some little depressed teen but rather a southern chick that had a thing with Gambit.) and I have read the comics.

I hated x-men origins, and three wasn't that good...BUT THE PAST IS THE PAST!

I am looking forward to this, a lot. I actually squealed. Hopefully they can pull it off. They can redeem the X-men franchise if they pull this off. Stop hating until you actually see the movie maaan. Sometimes if you move away from the original a bit (SO WHAT IS PROFESSOR X HAS HAIR?!) it can turn out to be pretty bad ass (Joker from TDK).

WolfThomas

Man must have a code.
Dec 21, 2007
I actually think the helmet isn't too bad, it's simply the lame X-men uniform underneath it, if wore his classic uniform of dark red formal military style jacket with long flowing cape it would match.
Proverbial Jon said:
Seriously, why does this film even exist? We've done X-men already and I really loved the trilogy. Come on, do you really think you can make a better X-men film WITHOUT Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellen?
Because if they don't make a film every few years, the rights revert back to Disney/Marvel and we'll get to see Wolverine along with the Avengers. Those bastards.

beema

Aug 19, 2009
If he is so worried about public perception, maybe he shouldn't curse so much in public statements. Sounds like a moron.

IamGamer41

Mar 19, 2010
He maybe a fan of the Xmen and he may have done a decent job with Kickass but I feel this movie will not be the one to raise it to the tier that fans want it to be.