X-Men Director Hates "Leaked" Movie Photo

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010
X-Men Director Hates "Leaked" Movie Photo

Source: /FILM via <a href=http://io9.com/5739283/matthew-vaughn-responds-to-the-x+men-cast-photo-plus-neill-blomkamps-district-9-follow+up-finds-a-home>io9

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
What was so bad about X-Men 3 again?

I thought it was perfectly fine...

Not as good as 1 or 2. But still good.

What do I know, though?

I actually liked X-Men: Evolution, too.

Tiny116

The Cheerful Pessimist
May 6, 2009
But...But Xavier shouldn't have HAIR! :0
Meh, I'm an X-man junkie, they introduced me to Marvel, so I'm really looking fowards to them.
And is that supposed to be Emma Frost in the "leaked Image?"

Gabanuka

Oct 1, 2009
Oh thank god. The new ones are soooooo much better then the leacked ones. It made me want to vomit from my eyeballs.

ShadowsofHope

Outsider
Nov 1, 2009
..Ew.

EW.

EWWW.

Those costumes look really fucking disgusting. And, only Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellan can pull off the Magneto/X duo. At least, in my opinion.

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
Onyx Oblivion said:

What do I know, though?

And here I thought I was the only human being alive who didn't hate X-Men 3.

And I loved X-Men: Evolution. High five, Onyx!

OT: ... Still not looking too good there.

Disaster Button

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2009
I think Magneto looks a little... well, dumb in that picture. His helmet just seems like a cheap prop someone would wear for dress-up. Xavier looks great though.

Sixcess

Feb 27, 2010
vansau said:
"The costumes are blue and yellow as well, because fuck it, lets take it back it the original."
Oh, cool.
"Also, by the way, those costumes are hardly in the movie."
Um... so like the original, except not..?

Anyway, looks bad. Frost in particular looks like a cosplayer. A bad cosplayer.

Nurb

Cynical bastard
Dec 9, 2008
OH COME ON!

Another damn origin story movie? I'm getting so tired of this; They take a whole movie to introduce characters, another to establish them, and when they FINALLY get to a point where the characters can focus on a problem through the whole movie instead of a fraction of the movie at the end, the do a "reboot"!

This is driving me nuts, and I'm not even a comic book reader! Same with spider man, we saw where he came from and instead of fixing the problems with 3 and focusing on one villain in the 4th, we have to see "Spiderman: Twilight saga" where he's an angsty teenager in high school AGAIN. Now with X-Men. Ugh, it's a shameless attempt to get in on all that sparkley vampire money by using actors pulled from the Abercombe & Fitch catalogue for a prequel.

Archemetis

Is Probably Awesome.
Aug 13, 2008
What's so fantastic about the official photos?

Gotta say I'm underwhelmed by them too...

Then again I'm of the mind that The X-men movies were fine...
Don't get me wrong, Last Stand was and always will be a flaming heap of shit... Story-wise.

As for the overall look and theme, it was fine. Brett Ratner didn't take away too much of the style that Bryan Singer created in the first two films (something I believe he did masterfully).

Singer knew exactly what the X-men brought to life should look like and was respectful to the source material.

Ratner saw what Singer had made and I guess decided it wasn't good enough? So he did his own thing with it.

I won't deny that he maybe researched some characters from the comics, but what he did with them just wasn't right.

Also! Bit of advise, Ratner, when you have two characters who're related in some way in the same film, same location, maybe having them interact at all would have been a good idea, instead of settling for an internet reference gag... I'm talking about Proff. X and Juggernaught.

They're adopted brothers! Would anyone have thought that from watching Last Stand? 'Cos I wouldn't have!

But yeah, I've rambled. Personally, I don't think a re-boot/prequal was needed, a retcon of the 3rd movie perhaps. Followed quickly by getting Singer back in the director's chair to fix the problem.

All in all, can't say I'm too interested in what's coming.

Cyberjester

Oct 10, 2009
:O A bullet bending faun is Professor X? I _have_ to see this movie. ^ ^

Onyx Oblivion said:

What do I know, though?

Edit 'cause I mixed up titles. :(

X-Men three didn't have Nightcrawler though, I like that bouncy dude.

Lenny Magic

Hypochondriacal Calligrapher
Jan 23, 2009
Hmm... still not looking all that great, but these are just early shots so I shall judge not until final product I do see.

HankMan said:
the helmet without the cape just makes Fassbender look like a dork.
Disaster Button said:
I think Magneto looks a little... well, dumb in that picture. His helmet just seems like a cheap prop someone would wear for dress-up.
Agreed

katsumoto03

Feb 24, 2010
Disaster Button said:
I think Magneto looks a little... well, dumb in that picture. His helmet just seems like a cheap prop someone would wear for dress-up. Xavier looks great though.
I thought that too, but I've noticed that in "leaked" photos the props usually look like dollar-store-grade pieces of shit.

The Stonker

Feb 26, 2009
ShadowsofHope said:
..Ew.

EW.

EWWW.

Those costumes look really fucking disgusting. And, only Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellan can pull off the Magneto/X duo. At least, in my opinion.
Didn't Patrick kinda get blown up in X-men 3? Or is this movie about the past?

But anywho I would love to see Ricky Gervais as a X-men mutant.
Think of the hillarities!
But back to the topic, yes the costumes are disgusting, the makeup looks like it was splurted on and they look like mole people.