X-Men Plus Clerks Equals Amazing Amateur Film

person427

May 28, 2009
They have to expand this somehow. Let them know about the Escapist! It would be a great addition to the site!

mexicola

Feb 10, 2010
It was great for a random youtube video, although the last bit with time stopping seemed out of place and just thrown in to show off the effects. It started out a lot more promising (I would have enjoyed it more if it was just 4 of them talking shit and trying to procrastinate from doing hero-ish stuff) but it turned out it was just a set-up for fighting sequences. Can't complain though, I enjoyed it.

WolfThomas

Man must have a code.
Dec 21, 2007
Pretty awesome effects, it's annoying that this stuff was as good if not better than the majority of the stuff they put it Heroes for a fraction of the expense. But it makes me hopeful for the future of Super hero tv shows.

Also I felt really bad for the Main character, having no powers and having to put up with being around, lets admit it, douche-bags can't be easy. At least he weren't semi-badass with the Hawkeye route.

Ghengis John

Dec 16, 2007
I kinda can't stand how they're all kids. I'm reminded of the anime X, where the individuals with powers were spread out over a broad spectrum of ages. Beyond that it was all pretty hackneyed. Maybe less nasally actors would have gotten me more involved. Maybe less crappy writing.

Jimalcoatl

Jun 21, 2010
The writing and acting were pretty bad, but for an amateur production the effects were impressive. I don't think I'd be willing to watch more of this if it ever got made though.