X-Play's Game of the Year Awards. Ah the nostalgia...

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
Particularly in the earlier years of X-Play and so many good games came out at that time. Soul Calibur 2, Half Life 2, Ninja Gaiden, Metal Gear Solid 3, Battlefield 2, Morrowind, Metroid Prime. So many good games!!! Have you a look at their Game of the Year awards from 2003 to 2004:

Also in the 2004 part, Halo 2 won Game of the Year over Half Life 2, GTA San Andreas, Ninja Gaiden, and Ratchet and Clanck 3....make of that what you will.

Zeraki

WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOOOOOOOOR!?
Legacy
Feb 9, 2009
New Jersey
Country
United States
I miss G4 in general... when it was good.

It was a fun channel that was exactly the kind of thing I wanted to watch in 2002-2005. After the Tech TV merger things started going downhill though.

X-Play was always one of my favorites, along with that one show with Tommy Tallarico and Victor Lucas.

Groxnax

Apr 16, 2009
Ah yes.

A fun show from a, back then, fun channel.

I just loved Adam Sandler and Morgan Webb and how they and the other merry members of X-play review games and if the game is bad enough you see them rip it to shreds.

I also loved how they tested the consoles to destruction.

Found Code Monkeys on Amazon.

JUMBO PALACE

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 17, 2009
Country
USA
Tank207 said:
I miss G4 in general... when it was good.

It was a fun channel that was exactly the kind of thing I wanted to watch in 2002-2005. After the Tech TV merger things started going downhill though.

X-Play was always one of my favorites, along with that one show with Tommy Tallarico and Victor Lucas.
I believe that was called "Judgement Day". I liked that show a lot too- For some reason I still remember that Tommy would complain about the lack of variety in footstep sounds based on the walking surface in video games.

I did really enjoy a lot of the shows on G4, Xplay in particular. There was a competitive multiplayer show called Arena that was pretty entertaining before "pro" gaming and "e-athletes" became a thing.

JCAll

Oct 12, 2011
I miss the Golden Mullet awards for the worst in gaming.
In fact, I miss X Play in general, that show was legit.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
In X-Play's 2008 Game of the Year Award, they nominated:

Grand Theft Auto 4
Fallout 3
Metal Gear Soild 4
Left 4 Dead
Gears of War 2
Resistence 2
And Fable 2

Guess who won thier Game of the Year?