Xbox 360 controller works intermittently on games on PC

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
I've got a receiver on my PC that pairs with my Xbox 360 controller. One would think it either works or doesn't. But sometimes it works, other times it does not. Tonight I played some Forza Horizon 3 no problem. Typically works on Steam always. Uplay, playing Assassin's Creed or Battlefield 2 on Origin, sometimes works, other times doesn't. Is it the game client? Any advice?

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Does the light on the receiver for it turn off when it stops working or does just the controller light start to blink?

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
Does the light on the receiver for it turn off when it stops working or does just the controller light start to blink?
Controller is connected to the receiver with a steady light.
Some people on the web are stating there is a problem with playing above Direct X 9 on Uplay. That would stink. 11 works elsewhere.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Controller is connected to the receiver with a steady light.
Some people on the web are stating there is a problem with playing above Direct X 9 on Uplay. That would stink. 11 works elsewhere.
So it doesn't seem to disconnect from the receiver, it just stops working with the game? It seems unlikely that Uplay would still have problems with dx11 since its been out for awhile and been the primary version for years, but I suppose its possible.

Reactions: gorfias

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
So it doesn't seem to disconnect from the receiver, it just stops working with the game? It seems unlikely that Uplay would still have problems with dx11 since its been out for awhile and been the primary version for years, but I suppose its possible.
Gonna keep searching. I wonder if it is a Windows thing. They want me to move on to the Xbox One controller.
And there we're up to Direct X 12 now. You'd think 11 old hat. (And Assassin's Creed III I think maxes out at 11 even now).

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
Solved, for me I think. Long story short, even though it worked fine for other games, Uplay games, such as Assassin's Creed 3 the controller did not work. It was not even an option in control settings: only keyboard and mouse. I unplugged the receiver, even though the controller was working in other games. Rebooted the PC. When back into AC3 and at first , it was still as if the controller was not seen. BUT! now, it was an option in controls. Once selected, even in AC3, an Xbox 360 controller still works. Phew.