XBox live community

Incommunicado

Jul 13, 2006
Inspired by the article "Live disruptions" by Dean Takahashi and the posts in the accompanying forum thread I just had an idea I wanted to propose to the Escapist community.

As everybody knows bad behaviour on xbox live is almost entirely (I know, not completely) a phenomenon limited to the age of the gamers. The only sure filter mechanism to avoid this is your friend list but how to find people worth adding?
I for myself am sick of playing online listening to all that rubbish and "gangsta" talk and I am pretty sure many of you are as well. This is why I wanted to propose exchanging Xbox live gamertags between all you other Escapist readers, who are looking for worthy live mates and opponents. We could set up a thread where everyone interested in playing against other Escapist community members could add their tag and games they own and like to play online.

So how about it? Post your take on the idea.

Joe

Jul 7, 2006
Doesn't sound like a bad idea to me. And this might actually get me to pick up a Live account.

Archon

Nov 12, 2002
I think it's a great idea. My Live gamertag is "Archon Drakov".

I also hereby officially move that we create an Escapist Chromehounds squad and play the campaign game online.

Virgil

#virgil { display:none; }
Legacy
Jun 13, 2002
Mine is smith186 - if we can get at least 6 people, I'd make Chromehounds a regular thing ;)

Incommunicado

Jul 13, 2006
Hey, nice that people jump on in.
OK my gamertag is "Internal Exile" and my most common online games are PGR3, Ghost Recon. Not so often Burnout, OverG, Quake4 and Perfect Dark Zero.
I do not have Chromehounds but as I am reading a lot of times it seems to be a blast when playing online. So maybe I will pick up a copy very soon.

Russ Pitts

The Boss of You
May 1, 2006
Fletcher1138. I hereby third the idea of a Chromehounds squad and nominate myself as "Soldier Enforcer." I just finished the soldier campaign last night and kicked it's lily-white apostrophe.

dhaelis

Jul 12, 2006
Mine's dhaelis, I might just take you up on a few PGR3 races Incommunicado. I'm not one for giant robot on robot action, so I'll sit out the Chromehounds fare for now.

weremichael

Aug 28, 2006
weremichael here, I primarily play Burnout, PGR3, Ghost Recon, LOTR. I agree with dhaelis about robot on robot action. I will gladly play with you folks (as soon as my third replacement xbox arrives from Microsoft since launch).

Michael

Ajar

Aug 21, 2006
Hmmmmmmmm... Escapist Chromehounds? That might be enough to persuade me to pick up the game. I've been thinking about it, but lack people to play with. As it is right now I play a little GRAW (tag "Chemander Keen" but I'm thinking of changing it to a variant of Ajar), but so far only with friends.

I'm going on holiday next week, but I'll check this thread when I return. :)

Landslide

Jun 13, 2002
Landslide33 here :) I just got my 360 last week, so no MP games or Live Gold yet. Just been grinding zombies into meaty yogurt for the last few days (Dead Rising).

Archon

Nov 12, 2002
FYI, I am presently part of the Morskoj faction in CH. I intended Sal Kar but when I went to join it was entirely defeated and had no parts or shopping, so I switched factions. In 2 weeks we can revisit and pick a new faction but for now please go with Morskoj.

Tonight I'm going to create a squad, so please let me know if you'd like to join.

jlaakso

Jul 14, 2006
Mine's "MC Muumio". I share the account with my wife. On Live, she plays Hardwood Hearts, I play Perfect Dark Zero. I'm probably getting Ghost Recon next.

I also play some BC games, mainly Amped 2, Rainbow Six 3.

If you do send a friend request, please mention The Escapist in a message.

Brian Easton

Jul 11, 2006
AGiES001 here. I don't play as much on live as I should. But I suppose the aforementioned reasons are what stop me.

Ajar

Aug 21, 2006
I accepted the friend requests I've received. :) I don't own Chromehounds yet, but this thread has tipped the balance -- I'll be buying it either in the next couple of days before I leave on vacation or the day after I get back. I'll post when I do. :)