Xbox Live Hinders Final Fantasy XIV Release

Froobyx

Mar 22, 2009
But but but.. FFXIII isn't even out yet, why are they thinking up FFIV already?

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
NoMoreSanity said:
Wow, I remember when they said it would be PS3 only. Then came the PC version. Now the 360 version.

Indigo Dingo is probably rolling in his forum grave.
Sanity, what did I tell you about this? Count to ten and back again while talking to the carrot on your nose to the beat of your heart, you know the procedure. Let's not start this all over again.

[small]though I do find it hilarious that Squee-nix is downplaying the 360 and yet people are going "LOL, PS3 fabois most be cr-I-ing abut this!@#!$"[/small]

The Kangaroo

Feb 24, 2009
FloodOne said:
Honestly, who didn't see this coming?

But I'll be super pissed if this game comes out for the 360, but Champions Online gets the cold shoulder from MS. I was looking forward to CO for a long long time, and I would much rather play that instead of FF XIV.
I know why do they seem to not want to make money?

The Kangaroo

Feb 24, 2009
C0nn0r666 said:
FloodOne said:
Casual Shinji said:
I don't think there'll be any Square-Enix exclusive on the PS3, not even Kingdom Hearts 3.
Final Fantasy Versus XIII is still a ps3 exclusive.

Simriel said:
FloodOne said:

But I'll be super pissed if this game comes out for the 360, but Champions Online gets the cold shoulder from MS. I was looking forward to CO for a long long time, and I would much rather play that instead of FF XIV.
Champions Online is by Cryptic. And its out next month.
i know its by Cryptic, and its also not coming to 360 because of the same issue SE is talking about.
uhh i just saw a video today that said it is
Link please because I really want to see this

Angron

Jul 15, 2008
Desert Tiger said:
Ariyura said:
Angron said:
aww, poor ps3 fanboys who made a big fuss about this...

i personally couldnt care....its an online game so ill leave it and just wait for FF13
Fanboys made a big fuss about this? Really?
...Where did this happen?
well PSW mag hadlike a whole article on this about how they were so happy that they got it and the 360 jerks couldnt play it...

i think its better like this, but over console play would be good...i dunno if enough PS3er will be able to populate it will they? but then the PS3 priceis down now...

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
NoMoreSanity said:
Jumplion said:
NoMoreSanity said:
Wow, I remember when they said it would be PS3 only. Then came the PC version. Now the 360 version.

Indigo Dingo is probably rolling in his forum grave.
Sanity, what did I tell you about this? Count to ten and back again while talking to the carrot on your nose to the beat of your heart, you know the procedure. Let's not start this all over again.

[small]though I do find it hilarious that Squee-nix is downplaying the 360 and yet people are going "LOL, PS3 fabois most be cr-I-ing abut this!@#!$"[/small]
Well I meant the ID thing in that he said once that the 360 version of Final Fantasy XIII was delaying the release of the full game. Kind of laughing at how this correlates.
Wait are you saying he's in his grave laughing or rolling in agony? I thought it was the latter >_>;

Whistler777

Nov 14, 2008
Fuck Microsoft, how dare they be successful!

(Man, I'm disappointed that all the exclusives I had in mind when I bought my PS3 a year ago are floating over to the Xbox 360.)

FloodOne

Apr 29, 2009
eoin90210 said:
C0nn0r666 said:
FloodOne said:
Casual Shinji said:
I don't think there'll be any Square-Enix exclusive on the PS3, not even Kingdom Hearts 3.
Final Fantasy Versus XIII is still a ps3 exclusive.

Simriel said:
FloodOne said:

Champions Online is by Cryptic. And its out next month.
i know its by Cryptic, and its also not coming to 360 because of the same issue SE is talking about.
uhh i just saw a video today that said it is
Link please because I really want to see this
As do I. It was one of the exclusives that led me to buying a 360, and then the rug was pulled out from underneath me.

FinalHeart95

Jun 29, 2009
Casual Shinji said:
That's what I've been praying for ever since FFXIII was announced on both platforms. I love Kingdom Hearts.

Also, if this game is anything like the last game (a grindfest) I won't spend my money on it. I play MMOs with a bunch of grinding for free online.

EDIT: Just curious, in case this game ends up being good. On the 360, would you have to pay an extra subscription fee to play FFXIV, or would the Xbox Live subscription cover it?

scotth266

Wait when did I get a sub
Jan 10, 2009
Well, THAT was unexpected. I honestly thought that this was a PS3 exclusive.

Oh well, I wasn't terribly interested anyway. The only MMO to hold my interest thus far has been City Of Heroes.

Credge

Apr 12, 2008
Not acceptable on any level.

I do not understand what PC or the PS3 has to do with X-Box live and I don't see why it has to be delayed JUST for it. This treatment is becoming incredibly tiresome.

Microsoft needs to sort out X-Box live. Big time.

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
NoMoreSanity said:
Jumplion said:
Wait are you saying he's in his grave laughing or rolling in agony? I thought it was the latter >_>;
Both in a sense. Either way this game can die in a fire for all I care.
Op op op, Sanity, do I need to bring out the Zuchinni again?

Ghost8585

Jul 21, 2009
Angron said:
Desert Tiger said:
Ariyura said:
Angron said:
aww, poor ps3 fanboys who made a big fuss about this...

i personally couldnt care....its an online game so ill leave it and just wait for FF13
Fanboys made a big fuss about this? Really?
...Where did this happen?
well PSW mag hadlike a whole article on this about how they were so happy that they got it and the 360 jerks couldnt play it...

i think its better like this, but over console play would be good...i dunno if enough PS3er will be able to populate it will they? but then the PS3 price is down now...
Claiming to hate the game but get a kick out of it going to the 360 if a symptom of fanboyism, please go see a doctor. I never heard any PS3 owners get into a big bragfest about it. Honestly, I was surprised when Jack Trentton said it was exclusive, and not surprised by this change of heard by SE. Since I'm not fan of MMO's I wasn't going try it unless there was weeklong demo or something. And yes, the PS3 base could have populated it, thank you for asking.

cleverlymadeup

Mar 7, 2008
HardRockSamurai said:
My hope is that Square Enix forces Microsoft to make some major changes to their online policy; if anyone can convince them, Square can.
don't bet on it, ea had a hard time and they are a much bigger company, they had tons of trouble with the LIVE service and after that m$ was still rather unfriendly about how they did things

so i doubt that the much smaller Sqeenix will have much success

SaintWaldo

Interzone Vagabond
Jun 10, 2008
If the news is about how FFXIV is delayed on XBox360 because of Xbox Live, why do we need the flame-baiting first paragraph mentioning something Jack Tretton said roughly half a year ago? That part is not news, not related to this announcement, and adds nothing remotely resembling information or perspective on the item. It seems to only be there to set up a weak half-joke disguised as attempted analysis in the final paragraph.