Xbox Live Hinders Final Fantasy XIV Release

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
NoMoreSanity said:
Jumplion said:
Op op op, Sanity, do I need to bring out the Zuchinni again?
Bastard. You know I hate Zuchinni! But I counter with... ORANGE!
OH SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIiiiiiiiiiiiiii[small]iiiiiiiii[/small]...........

t

BobisOnlyBob

is Only Bob
Nov 29, 2007
Froobyx said:
But but but.. FFXIII isn't even out yet, why are they thinking up FFIV already?
FFXI followed hot on the heels of FFX; this is because X was a traditional FF game, while XI was an MMORPG. XIII and XIV have the same relationship as X and XI.

slopeslider

Mar 19, 2009
FinalHeart95 said:
Casual Shinji said:
I don't think there'll be any Square-Enix exclusive on the PS3, not even Kingdom Hearts 3.
That's what I've been praying for ever since FFXIII was announced on both platforms. I love Kingdom Hearts.

Also, if this game is anything like the last game (a grindfest) I won't spend my money on it. I play MMOs with a bunch of grinding for free online.

EDIT: Just curious, in case this game ends up being good. On the 360, would you have to pay an extra subscription fee to play FFXIV, or would the Xbox Live subscription cover it?
You'd prob. have to pay, like Phanyasy Star Universe.

squid5580

Elite Member
Feb 20, 2008
FloodOne said:
Honestly, who didn't see this coming?

But I'll be super pissed if this game comes out for the 360, but Champions Online gets the cold shoulder from MS. I was looking forward to CO for a long long time, and I would much rather play that instead of FF XIV.
Are you sure about CO for the 360? I was watching G4 last night when they did a quick play and they were doing the new releases for Sept. One of the games listed for the 360 was CO. So I jumped online and can't seem to find any info on it whatsoever.

Angron

Jul 15, 2008
Ghost8585 said:
snipins

Claiming to hate the game but get a kick out of it going to the 360 if a symptom of fanboyism, please go see a doctor. I never heard any PS3 owners get into a big bragfest about it. Honestly, I was surprised when Jack Trentton said it was exclusive, and not surprised by this change of heard by SE. Since I'm not fan of MMO's I wasn't going try it unless there was weeklong demo or something. And yes, the PS3 base could have populated it, thank you for asking.
im confused which side am i a fanboy too?

its the 360 isnt it? nah, ive tossed it to the side to play my PS3, havent touched the 360 in months

people seem to be getting rather worked up about my comment, i already explained PSW mag made a big fuss, i guess i was just laughing at them for being fanboys...geez, lighten up guys

Pendragon9

Apr 26, 2009
You know they could release the ps3 version first, then the 360 version. Oh wait, there's too much logc in that! The fanboys will never be pleased. In all seriousness, though, who cares? It's just another crappy MMO. They couldn't work on finishing FF13? Damnit Squeenix, it's L4D2 all over again. Now, if you people want a REAL phantasy game, wait for White Knight or Dark Cloud 3. I actually couldn't care if either went multiplat. Level 5 is basically Square without the suck. To me at least. But of course i invie you to play a few dark cloud games to see if it's right for you.

Citrus

Apr 25, 2008
Quadtrix said:
If Square-Enix was smart, they would have avoided the 360 entirely.
If they were smart, they would have avoided consoles entirely.

Pots

Oct 9, 2007
I just don't understand why there would be any problem with FFXIV on Live. FFXI is on 360 Live with no problem.

Et3rnalLegend64

Jan 9, 2009
Citrus Insanity said:
Quadtrix said:
Does that count as a shot against Final Fantasy as a whole? They probably could have, and they would have gone bankrupt.

PS3 owners aren't gonna boycott FFXIV for this, are they? Because I heard they said they wouldn't get 13 because it isn't an exclusive anymore either. My info could be wrong. Not good for PS3 if fanboys are gonna refuse to play their games at the drop of a hat though (does that make them more or less of fanboys?)

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
Et3rnalLegend64 said:
Citrus Insanity said:
Quadtrix said:
Does that count as a shot against Final Fantasy as a whole? They probably could have, and they would have gone bankrupt.

PS3 owners aren't gonna boycott FFXIV for this, are they? Because I heard they said they wouldn't get 13 because it isn't an exclusive anymore either. My info could be wrong. Not good for PS3 if fanboys are gonna refuse to play their games at the drop of a hat though (does that make them more or less of fanboys?)
Naw, that was just one retarded YouTube guy, and I'm not going to bother linking it to you because it'd be a waste of 3 minutes. I assure you, other than being completely pissed off in the first couple of weeks of the announcement of FFXIII going to 360, we got over it real quickly.

Citrus

Apr 25, 2008
Et3rnalLegend64 said:
Citrus Insanity said:
Quadtrix said:
No, I was referring to FFXIV specifically. MMOs are best kept to PCs, if FFXI and any of the few other console MMOs are any indication.

squid5580

Elite Member
Feb 20, 2008
Jumplion said:
NoMoreSanity said:
Wow, I remember when they said it would be PS3 only. Then came the PC version. Now the 360 version.

Indigo Dingo is probably rolling in his forum grave.
Sanity, what did I tell you about this? Count to ten and back again while talking to the carrot on your nose to the beat of your heart, you know the procedure. Let's not start this all over again.

[small]though I do find it hilarious that Squee-nix is downplaying the 360 and yet people are going "LOL, PS3 fabois most be cr-I-ing abut this!@#!$"[/small]
I see what you did there trying there. Thinking you could say something like that in small text so we wouldn't reread the article looking for the sentence where they downplay the 360. The only issue according to the article is and I quote

, because 360 has its own policy with Xbox Live that is different from [the] internet, that's something we're in discussions with Microsoft [about], to come to an agreement. That's one of the reasons it's not going to be launched at that point.
So unless I have lost my ability to comprehend a couple sentences it seems to me the issue at hand is some contract that MS has in place that SE and MS need to work out. Not that there is anything wrong with the 360 itself.

HyenaThePirate

Jan 8, 2009
stabnex said:
I'm still shaking my head going, 'WTF?!' over the fact that Squeenix is releasing yet ANOTHER MMOFF in the light of the utter failure, humiliation, and damnation that was FFXI. Talk about retarded. And honestly I could care less if such a game came to my beloved Jasper model 360 or the free PS3 I got along with ma-late prostitutes and humble bowing apologies Sony's been giving away to their consumers earlier this week.
are you talking about the xbox version? Because that game was freaking AWESOME in it's heyday.
I loved that game for many, many, many dark-lit hours, forging alliances with a motley crew of multi-nationals grinding away through thousands of mandragoras, running like hell from Banshee spawns by the towers, protecting the lowbies from the skeleton pirates and the Kraken on the ferry boat with my ever faithful dragon whelpling... gardening my ores... spawn camping mobs for that most precious loot... cooking up insect balls for fishing...

I miss that game more than I miss the girlfriend that dumped me for spending more time with it than her..

Andronicus

Terror Australis
Mar 25, 2009
What difference could there possibly be between XBox live and the internet? I mean, obviously one is specifically designed for online play and doesn't have a web browser, but all they do is connect to the internet and download things, don't they?

I'm not phased by waiting a bit longer for the MMO, but I'll probably still get it anyway (I didn't get XI though). I just wish they would work on one game in a franchise at a time. I don't mind having to wait a little longer for the next one; that means I get a little extra time to bloody well finish off the most recent one. It also means we probably won't have to wait as long for the next installment, as all the focus will be on just one game.