Xbox Live Ultimate Game Sale Kicks Off Today

Sarah LeBoeuf

Apr 28, 2011
Xbox Live Ultimate Game Sale Kicks Off Today

BioShock, Modern Warfare 3, and Halo 4 are just a few of the Xbox 360 games to be heavily discounted between now and March 4.

Starting today and running until March 4, a number of Games on Demand titles will be heavily discounted for the Xbox Live Ultimate Game Sale. Over 60 Xbox 360 games will be included in the sale, with a different selection being discounted each day. The promotion kicked off this morning with 15 games between 75% and 85% off, putting them all between $2.99 and $4.99. Among today's sale games are BioShock, Tomb Raider Legend, and Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter 2.

Xbox Live's Major Nelson will be announcing the daily discounted titles every morning until the sale ends next Monday, and he teased some of the upcoming Ultimate Game Sale games [http://majornelson.com/2013/02/22/the-xbox-live-ultimate-game-sale/] on his website. On the list are multiple Assassin's Creed, Call of Duty, Batman, and Resident Evil titles, just to name a few, so this looks like a great time to get caught up on games you may have missed for just a few bucks.

Games on Demand titles can be purchased on Xbox.com or through your Xbox 360 console; the full list of today's sale games can be found here [http://majornelson.com/2013/02/26/additional-xbox-live-ultimate-game-sale-items-on-sale/]. We'll keep you updated with each day's sale games as they're announced.

Source: Major Nelson [http://majornelson.com/2013/02/26/additional-xbox-live-ultimate-game-sale-items-on-sale/]

SonOfVoorhees

Aug 3, 2011
If they bring this kind of sale to the next gen xbox, but earlier (like steam) then that will be a good move on MS's part.

Gammayun

Aug 23, 2011
Vault Citizen said:
Is this sale US only?
Nope its on in UK and seeing as there doing it the UK it will be in most likely be in other territories as well. Just Bought the darkness for £5, been meaning to get it for a while now :D

loa

Jan 28, 2012
Well after spending 10 minutes not finding el-shaddai in this horrible, horrible 360 dashboard, it turns out that it hasn't even been released as a download yet and I can only get the demo so I suppose this isn't a thing to happen in germany?
I can't see anything advertising this anywhere in this ad-ridden mess either.

A BigCup of Tea

Nov 19, 2009
loa said:
Well after spending 10 minutes not finding el-shaddai in this horrible, horrible 360 dashboard, it turns out that it hasn't even been released as a download yet and I can only get the demo so I suppose this isn't a thing to happen in germany?
if you click on the link that takes you to the list you should be able to buy it on xbox.com, they wouldn't advertise it for download if it wasn't (well i hope not, by the way it's bottom of the list after clicking the link)

loa

Jan 28, 2012
A BigCup of Tea said:
loa said:
if you click on the link that takes you to the list you should be able to buy it on xbox.com, they wouldn't advertise it for download if it wasn't (well i hope not, by the way it's bottom of the list after clicking the link)
Yeah, I don't get the option to buy el shaddai on the site either.
There's just the demo. So much for the 1-day-only chance I guess??
This is really annoying, if I hadn't seen this here, I wouldn't know about it at all because nowhere on the 360 dashboard do they advertise their super ultra sale of legends.
Microsoft also seems to follow the valvian "$=?" pricing policy and fuck that noise.

godofallu

Jun 8, 2010
I don't understand. What are the daily games for today and where can I find them? I can't seem to find it following the here link in the article.

GAunderrated

Jul 9, 2012
josemlopes said:
Well, damn. I guess Microsoft can be nice too from time to time
It only took them what 6-7 years to finally have a decent sale on mostly games 2-6 years old? I think its a great thing but I can't help but wonder why now they are trying after years of not giving a crap.

CardinalPiggles

Jun 24, 2010
Not terrible sales, but as it has been mentioned, I can't find shit on this stupid Xbox dashboard. And xbox.com isn't much better.

I'm going to refuse to bother buying anything because of that alone. Screw you and your stupid Kinect dashboard Microsoft.

sindremaster

Apr 6, 2010
GAunderrated said:
josemlopes said:
Well, damn. I guess Microsoft can be nice too from time to time
It only took them what 6-7 years to finally have a decent sale on mostly games 2-6 years old? I think its a great thing but I can't help but wonder why now they are trying after years of not giving a crap.
They want to collect as much money as possible before they release the nextbox?. Then, like Sony, they will probably not let you keep the games on your new machine.

A BigCup of Tea

Nov 19, 2009
loa said:
A BigCup of Tea said:
loa said:
Yeah, I don't get the option to buy el shaddai on the site either.
There's just the demo. So much for the 1-day-only chance I guess??
This is really annoying, if I hadn't seen this here, I wouldn't know about it at all because nowhere on the 360 dashboard do they advertise their super ultra sale of legends.
Microsoft also seems to follow the valvian "$=?" pricing policy and fuck that noise.
oh ok i thought it would be the same for everyone on xbox.com, maybe tweet xnox dupport or major nelson and inquire as the deals in that link are valid untill march 4th, if i could gift it to you i would!

yunabomb

Nov 29, 2011
I can't say a sale on Virtua Fighter 5 is very exciting now that Final Showdown is out.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
yunabomb said:
I can't say a sale on Virtua Fighter 5 is very exciting now that Final Showdown is out.
They've also got every Call of Duty going back to CoD2. :p

Let's all go play the first Modern Warfare again! Sure everyone that still plays that game online are using blatant hacks and exploits, but it's still the best one of the series!

OT: This'll be a good chance for me to pick up some of the games that I never got around to buying. I rented and beat Arkham City, but never played the first one. Also might go ahead and pick up Dishonored (I had heard great things about it, but a few big negatives that kept me from buying it before).