Xbox One Almost Didn't Have a Disk Drive at All

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
Epic_Bubble said:
Gah this reeks of first world problems :/ Seriously I am lucky if my download speed here in South Africa is 2mb a second and yet Microsoft thing games that a 40gb or whatever are not a problem to download in first world countries? Digital will only be truly digital when the majority of the world can actually have proper internet. Maybe in another 20 years or so but not now.
downloading a 40 gb game is not a problem in first world countries, except US and Australia (and partly UK since they are the shame of europe when it comes to internet).

And anything related to gaming is first world problems. However applying to falacy of relative privation does not make it any better.

Dark Knifer

May 12, 2009
BigTuk said:
Well we know that half the reason anyone buys an apple product is to show that they have an apple product. Kinda like how people buy Nike and Adidas shoes, there are cheaper mur effective/comfortable/functional shoes. Nike is what you but to say, 'yeah I can buy nike, suck it all you no brand poor people'
I thought that was the point of the xbone.

OT: What works for pc doesn't necessarily translate to consoles, at least not at this stage.Gonna need servers to stop going down for every single game first before you can manage that cloud you want.

Edit:

Epic_Bubble said:
Gah this reeks of first world problems :/ Seriously I am lucky if my download speed here in South Africa is 2mb a second and yet Microsoft thing games that a 40gb or whatever are not a problem to download in first world countries? Digital will only be truly digital when the majority of the world can actually have proper internet. Maybe in another 20 years or so but not now.
Your telling me you got better internet in south africa then I do in Australia? I assume its not the norm there but still, my countries internet must suck.

balladbird

Master of Lancer
Legacy
Jan 25, 2012
Country
United States
would have been a recipe for disaster. I get that fellows from areas of the world with lightning fast internet want to do away with the "evils" of discs and hearken in a new digital only age, or whatever, but wait for the rest of us to catch up before you try to force an evolution.

My internet is fine for old-world games, like PS2 era or earlier. I had no trouble filling my vita with pretty much my entire childhood PS1 library and a few random PSP RPGs, but the one time I tried to download a current gen title full digital, it took 17 hours. Wasn't even a cutting-edge, AAA title. It was Ken's rage 2. I don't want to imagine trying anything bigger than that.

If consoles decided to chase after steam and go full digital, I'd pretty much be pushed out of the gaming hobby by virtue of my geographic location. Just not cool, bro.