Xbox One Gets a $50 Price Cut to $299

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
Xbox One Gets a $50 Price Cut to $299

Microsoft has cut the price of the Xbox One to $299.

UPDATE: A tweet from Microsoft's Larry Hryb says that the $50 Xbox One discount ends on June 13, the day of Microsoft's E3 press conference. That means if you want to get the deal, your time is limited.

[tweet t=https://twitter.com/majornelson/status/738027693833375744]

ORIGINAL STORY: The 500 GB Xbox One console can now be had for just $299, thanks to a $50 price cut that just showed up on Xbox.com [http://www.xbox.com/en-us/xbox-one/consoles]. This price cut appears to affect all models of the console, as the site shows it appearing on all the bundles on offer.

That puts popular bundles like the Xbox One Spring Bundle (a 1TB console, Halo 5: Guardians, Gears of War: Ultimate Edition, Rare Replay, and Ori and the Blind Forest) at $319, and the Quantum Break bundle (with a white Xbox One) at $299.

Microsoft has yet to make an official statement on the price cut, so there's no way to know if it's permanent or not. That said, it certainly lends some credence to the rumors that some new Xbox One SKUs may be introduced at E3.

We're sure to hear more on this, and we will update this story with more information.

Hairless Mammoth

Jan 23, 2013
"Please buy our old stock before the early adopters of our new system put their old hardware up on eBay."

Joking aside, this does suggest that it's a little early for people to be buying an Xbox if they are considering it. Either new SKU (which we think is coming) could also have new features like a 2TB drive or user replaceable HDDs (or, on the bad side for some users, no optical drive). If I was in the market for one, I'd wait until E3 before jumping on these deals.

Also, I wonder if Sony will copy this move. They don't really need to put a huge discount on bundles and might have a different strategy for their upgraded SKU, but it is always entertaining to see how these things play out.

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
Hm...more and more, the Xbox One is drawing my attention. I want to get one eventually, because there are a few games on it that I want to play, but so far I have been very happy with my PS4. I'll wait to see if this new model that is supposed to be coming has enough bells and whistles to make me go back up to full price, but I doubt it.

Naldan

You Are Interested. Certainly.
Feb 25, 2015
Who cares?

I'd love to leave this post at that, but I doubt that this would go well with the mods. So let's just mention some points here:

- Rediculous handling of the userbase regarding "obsolete" first party support
- Scorpio
- Incredibly disappointing console generation overall, not exclusive to Microsoft's potato for a console
- Xbox One Slim (on top of Scorpio)
- most consider this thing pretty ugly

If I'd had a billion dollars (no, really. A billion), I'd buy it if I wouldn't have had already. Since I would buy everything related to gaming. But that would be the only scenario.

People who can't afford any other console; I'd suggest to either wait because of afformentioned points 2 and 4, or just pass this generation and wait for the ultra consumer- and wallet-friendly next generation full of bills from Verizon or a shit-company of your choice for streaming games.