Xbox One Party Chat "Will Get Better" Says Major Nelson

Michael Epstein

Sep 9, 2013
Xbox One Party Chat "Will Get Better" Says Major Nelson

Microsoft is aware that the Xbox One party system doesn't work like it should.

Microsoft is still working out the kinks of the Xbox One operating system. Of the problems discovered by early adopters, which range from problems connecting controllers to Reddit [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/129910-Faulty-Xbox-One-Disc-Drives-Reported-by-Some-Buyers] thread about Xbox One party chat problems:

"I had a meeting today about much of this and I can say that things will get better," Hryb wrote. "I can't offer a timeline of a list of what till be addressed first, but we are aware of the issue and things will get better."

Reddit user Numb3rs4 [http://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/1rt9rm/why_is_this_a_thing_i_should_be_able_to_chat_with/cdqnf8x] describes the current functionality party system as "backwards." Some Xbox One players report that they can connect to Xbox Live, but can't connect with others in a party. The issue can go so far as to prevent those players from hosting or even joining multiplayer games.

If you are having problems with your Xbox One, you should report them (and look for a fix) on the Xbox One support forums [http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/xbox_one_support/f/4269.aspx?PageIndex=2&forumoptions=::11::].

Source: Reddit [http://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/1rt9rm/why_is_this_a_thing_i_should_be_able_to_chat_with/cds8m3w?context=3]

sid

Jan 22, 2013
I will never understand why a catchy name such as Larry Hyrb would possibly need a nickname like "major Nelson"

Vivi22

Aug 22, 2010
Wasn't the whole party system one of those things I never cared about but which was held up as a big selling point of XBox Live? How do you manage to fuck up the stuff that people liked about you last gen?

Jaeger_CDN

Aug 9, 2010
Vivi22 said:
Wasn't the whole party system one of those things I never cared about but which was held up as a big selling point of XBox Live? How do you manage to fuck up the stuff that people liked about you last gen?
Mainly because they are Microsoft and they like to 'Fix' things that worked well in the first iteration because they know what people want because the focus group said so.

vallorn

Tunnel Open, Communication Open.
Nov 18, 2009
Vivi22 said:
Because Microsoft is Microsoft and they have lately shown a great knack for the reverse midas touch. They threw away the goodwill of many, many hardcore gamers, Produced Windows 8, the list goes on.

But yeah the online was the only thing that Microsoft had over Sony by the end of last gen and they managed to apply the reverse midas touch... Wow Microsoft just wow.

Hairless Mammoth

Jan 23, 2013
I think it would have been easier to make a beefier 360 with x86 hardware than to make this multi-BS-media box and redo the whole system and let the marketing dept do the design.
vallorn said:
Vivi22 said:
Because Microsoft is Microsoft and they have lately shown a great knack for the reverse midas touch. They threw away the goodwill of many, many hardcore gamers, Produced Windows 8, the list goes on.

But yeah the online was the only thing that Microsoft had over Sony by the end of last gen and they managed to apply the reverse midas touch... Wow Microsoft just wow.
I here they did a good job with the new windows phone. Oh, wait. They did it after Apple and Android melon balled the fledgeling smartphone market away from Blackberry.

Multi-Hobbyist

Oct 26, 2009
I love console launch fuck-ups. It's a shame nobody is learning from examples like this. Or rather, nobody will learn to not support rushed developments.