Xbox One Sells 3 Million Units In 2013

Lightknight

Mugwamp Supreme
Nov 26, 2008
SSJBlastoise said:
While I'm sure it's not the majority but I don't see why people wouldn't wait for a year. I know people like me aren't the majority but right now both are available in my country and I simply don't have enough money for either console so the only option for me is to wait. Even if I did have enough I would wait so I know any major bugs are ironed out and after more exclusives are revealed because it's how I usually choose my consoles. I know I'm not the majority but I know I'm not the only person who thinks like this.
If you don't think that the majority of people are willing to wait for a more expensive console that has no announced release date for their country, then isn't that my point? That this will impact their numbers in a significant way?

Additionally, do you think they're particularly willing to do that in countries where Sony has traditionally been the big seller?
Sony seemed to have done well in North America so far :p
That question I made was in response to your comment that people who want Microsoft would be willing to wait for an unspecified amount of time to pay an extra $100 for a console that isn't even the most possible console in that region. I'd think this would provide significant motivation for those people to make the switch. Some would still wait, sure.

Elijin

Elite Muppet
Legacy
Feb 15, 2009
Tono Makt said:
You've also got a huge, HUGE segment of western populations who just don't give a damn about the possible security issues. People who don't care that the Kinnect is probably going to be Always On, no matter what settings they use, and that it might be possible for Microsoft to listen in on things whenever they want to.
If my Kinect listens to me from its box, unpowered and unconnected to any wireless network, then I will be amazed.

SSJBlastoise

Dec 20, 2012
Lightknight said:
If you don't think that the majority of people are willing to wait for a more expensive console that has no announced release date for their country, then isn't that my point? That this will impact their numbers in a significant way?
I was mainly arguing about how some people think the disparity between the current number of consoles sold by both companies will keep getting worse. I just wanted to point out that Microsoft has plenty more countries to release in.

That question I made was in response to your comment that people who want Microsoft would be willing to wait for an unspecified amount of time to pay an extra $100 for a console that isn't even the most possible console in that region. I'd think this would provide significant motivation for those people to make the switch. Some would still wait, sure.
Is it going to be $100 difference in the next countries though? Here in Australia it's only $50 more. I think some everyone needs to remember what helps sell consoles: the games. You can't get Halo, Forza or Gears of War on a PS4 just like you can't get Infamous, Killzone or Gran Turismo on Xbox. Sure the PS4 is more powerful but I don't really see there being any significant difference in the games released on both.