Xbox One Special Edition Being Auctioned For Charity

roseofbattle

News Room Contributor
Apr 18, 2011
Xbox One Special Edition Being Auctioned For Charity

You can alleviate your guilt of spending too much money by reminding yourself it's for charity.

GamesAid, a children's charity based in the UK from the games industry, is auctioning a special edition Xbox One for charity. The white Xbox One was made for the Xbox One launch team, but if you've got enough money and can keep auctioning until this Friday, you could have one, too. Being auctioned on GamesAid's eBay [http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Xbox-One-White-Exclusive-Launch-Team-Commemorative-Special-Edition-/141108113747?ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT], the current bid is already over £2,000. The auction ends Nov. 8 at 3:07 pm GMT.

However, it appears the console will only ship within the UK as there are no shipping options for outside the country.

Intent Media's Chris Dring donated the commemorative Xbox One, which includes the console with an inscribed "I Made This" to the right of the disc tray, a matching controller, the Kinect sensor, a chat headsest, and exclusive Day One and Launch Team achievements. GamesAid will send the winner of the auction the Xbox One immediately after the console's launch, Nov. 22. A warranty through SquareTrade is also available for the person who shells out the most money by Friday.

GamesAid supports many smaller charities, and the money raised goes to helping disadvantaged and disabled youth. Occasionally GamesAid will support charities outside of the UK, but its primary focus is on small- to medium-sized charities in the country.

GamesAid's eBay also has PS1, PS2, PS3, PSP, PC, Gameboy, GameCube, DS, Wii, Xbox, and Xbox 360 games on sale for charity. Some merchandise, such as t-shirts and hats, for Metal Gear Solid, Pikmin, Naruto, and Prototype are also on auction.

Source: GamesAid [http://www.gamesaid.org/own-a-special-edition-white-xbox-one/]

vallorn

Tunnel Open, Communication Open.
Nov 18, 2009
I feel really conflicted about this... On the one hand it's for charity... On the other it's a console that tried to kill all manner of things I love about gaming so... Gah...

WWmelb

Sep 7, 2011
Ponyholder said:
vallorn said:
I feel really conflicted about this... On the one hand it's for charity... On the other it's a console that tried to kill all manner of things I love about gaming so... Gah...
Same... it is also a beautiful white. GOD I WANT IT!

I don't know why, but I love the idea of white consoles.
Agree with this . Looks a hell of a lot better white than black.

Also good to see a couple of positive press articles for the XB1.

They may be finally learning.

Evil Smurf

Admin of Catoholics Anonymous
Nov 11, 2011
vallorn said:
Do it for the children! #DesertBus07

Do good for the sake of doing good, that's my motto.

Saltyk

Sane among the insane.
Sep 12, 2010
I'll admit that the Xbox One looks good in white. But so does the PS4.

That thing is sex. And the best pics I found were way too big to post (this was my absolute last choice to post). I've also seen photoshop versions in other colors like red for both consoles. I actually like both consoles a lot in white, though. Not sure why that wasn't the default or even an option.

Anyway, I'm okay with this. It's for the kids. And if someone wants an Xbox One, there are certainly worse ways to get one. I just feel bad for the people who end up paying obscene amounts of money for the consoles on Ebay. You know that's going to happen.

New World Fool

Feb 15, 2013
Saltyk said:

That thing is sex.
No kidding. That thing is just gorgeous! It'd only be sexier if the naked form of Big Boss came with it.

Simalacrum

Resident Juggler
Apr 17, 2008
Saltyk said:

That thing is sex. And the best pics I found were way too big to post (this was my absolute last choice to post). I've also seen photoshop versions in other colors like red for both consoles. I actually like both consoles a lot in white, though. Not sure why that wasn't the default or even an option.

Anyway, I'm okay with this. It's for the kids. And if someone wants an Xbox One, there are certainly worse ways to get one. I just feel bad for the people who end up paying obscene amounts of money for the consoles on Ebay. You know that's going to happen.
WHERE CAN WE ACQUIRE THIS TREASURE?!

OT: I have no complaints about this. I buried the hatchet against Microsoft when they made a U-turn on their DRM policies. Now I just snigger at their terrible PR department, so if they wish to auction a console for a good cause? I say I wish it fetches the highest price possible.