Xbox President Says World Has Changed From Offline to Online

Zombie_Moogle

Dec 25, 2008
RJ 17 said:
Anyone else get a very strong, spontaneous urge to punch their screen every time they see this picture?

I don't know about you guys, but seeing Mattrick's smiling face as he's like "Hello, I'm Don Mattrick, and this is my Fuck The Consumer Box" makes me seriously have to control myself lest I break something I'd immediately regret breaking.

Captcha: "Do Not Touch". HA!
Another "I'm sorry you're all stupid" answer from Mattrick

Seriously, how has he not been bound & gagged by Microsoft's PR department yet?

klaynexas3

My shoes hurt
Dec 30, 2009
DVS BSTrD said:
klaynexas3 said:
DVS BSTrD said:
The world is more then just THOSE 21 countries you know.
The world he is thinking of doesn't even exist entirely in ONE of those 21 countries, let alone the rest of the world beyond that.
Go back to your Xbox 360 you backwards thinker :p
But I don't even own one D:

CatmanStu

Jul 22, 2008
This whole debacle would be kind of sad if it wasn't so insulting.

Microsoft, and Mattrick in particular, seem to be repeating this mantra of a perfect online society, more out of denial of the complete fuck-up in judgement they have made rather than belief in the message itself. The problem with denial though, is that reality can't be ignored forever.

Iklol

Oct 25, 2011
And so Microsoft continues to treat their customers like complete fucking morons. As if we can't tell the difference between a feature that should require a connection and one that shouldn't.

We know how the internet works Mattrick, and we know that most of the features in your box are there to give you greater control rather than serve the customer in any way. Maybe if you stopped treating your customers like children they wouldn't be so pissed off.

kypsilon

May 16, 2010
RJ 17 said:
Anyone else get a very strong, spontaneous urge to punch their screen every time they see this picture?
Yes sir, yes I do.

While the DRM and always online crap is always front and center in these things, that's not the only reason people hate the Xbone...the fact that it comes with a camera that's required to watch you play and can't be shut off during play is also what's killing this system.

Funny how they never mention that in the interviews.

Doclector

Aug 22, 2009
Daystar Clarion said:
Yes, but amazingly, I can still play my PC games when the internet is down.

Funny that, eh?
Yep, pretty much this.

Mattrick, just shut the fuck up. Nobody likes hearing you. You're actively harming your own console, which at this point, is kinda an achievement, managing to fuck things up EVEN MORE.

Seriously, unless what he has to say is "Yeah, we fucked up, we're gonna go make another prototype now" I don't want to hear a damn word from that smug looking ************.

Not Lord Atkin

I'm dead inside.
Oct 25, 2008

that man is a PR disaster. No Don, my smartphone is NOT always online, and I wouldn't have bought it if I had to log in every 24 hours to make phone calls. Think that's a stupid analogy? Well maybe you shouldn't have brought it up.

Also, PC's are always online? Well yes, most are. But they don't force you to be be always online if you just want to play games on them. You stupid, stupid little man.

Rad Party God

Party like it's 2010!
Feb 23, 2010
YES. My PC, my dad's PC, my tablet, my smartphone, my dad's smartphone, my sister's smartphones and netbooks, heck, even my freaking Wii are ALL connected to the internet 95% of the time. It's raining season and we definitely expect the internet to go down for a while as it has always done in raining season (storms do hit pretty hard over here).

I expect all of my devices to still work for days, even weeks or months without internet.

As far as I'm concerned, you can still shove your Xbone up to your ass.

Gearhead mk2

Aug 1, 2011
RJ 17 said:
Eh... not as much as David Cameron, but yeah, defintely.

OT: Dammit MS, I supported you throughout the entire last gen. I love my 360, I love Halo, I love Gears of War. I didn't want this new generation, but after I realised it was inevetable, I was kind excited to see what you could do this gen. And you just keep on screwing me. If I do buy into the next gen, I'll get a Wii U for sure and a PS4 maybe, but I woldn't take an Xbone if someone gave it to me for free.

iniudan

Apr 27, 2011
Zipa said:
Personally I like how they are trying to claim that online persistent worlds are a new thing, meanwhile on the PC MMOs have been around since before 1997 when runescape kicked it off in a big way.
Runescape was release in 2001, Ultima Online was release in 1997.

nodlimax

Feb 8, 2012
RJ 17 said:
Oh yes I do! His face is just so inviting.

After Punchface made his statement this happened at Sony HQ:

Zipa

batlh bIHeghjaj.
Dec 19, 2010
iniudan said:
Zipa said:
Personally I like how they are trying to claim that online persistent worlds are a new thing, meanwhile on the PC MMOs have been around since before 1997 when runescape kicked it off in a big way.
Runescape was release in 2001, Ultima Online was release in 1997.
Ah my bad, I always get those two mixed up for some reason.

CriticalMiss

Jan 18, 2013
Someone needs to make a 'world according to Microsoft' world map that only includes areas with a strong internet connection. I suspect it will be very small.

The Wykydtron

"Emotions are very important!"
Sep 23, 2010
Hipster "remember when this site was supposed to be unbiased gaming news lol neither do I" post. I know the Shitbox news gets more dire by the second but at least try to be somewhat unbiased.

Then again since the BBC is like ALL of the UK's news, seeing such obvious bias by a news site is really bizarre to me.

Anyway, lol @ Microscrewed (LMAO FKIN REKD)

Remember when people bought consoles because they couldn't afford a PC/couldn't be arsed with installations/want to sit in their front room while gaming?

Well the Shitbox accounts for one of those at least.

Baresark

Dec 19, 2010
It's a pretty good deflection job actually. The only thing is, people aren't attacking the online capabilities, they are calling into question what they are used for.

BrotherRool

Oct 31, 2008
Microsoft's response is still so bad. It's all 'screw you, we'll tell you what you're going to like'

They're not dealing with the core problem here. They don't realise that people who want the digital world download games digitally and that if you've got a disc it just doesn't make sense to offload all this online burden onto someone who bought one. We already have a system where people who can use online can use it and services similar to what Microsoft offers, there's no need to force it on a system that will simply become obsolete when the world doesn't need it.

BloodRed Pixel

Jul 16, 2009
There is just this TINY LITTLE difference if I WANT to be always online to use a service or if I am FORCED to be online or my whole digital life is shut down.

Thanks, fuck you, too, Mattrick.

hentropy

Feb 25, 2012
I'm surprised this guy hasn't been left in a room alone with a sword yet.

Or maybe he was, and was just too stupid to realize it.