Xbox Series X still sucks at Installing

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
Anyone, and everyone here who may want to buy a PS4, or Xbox Series X, so everyone here.

I am guessing I pissed you off in a thread somewhere else.

The OP alone explained perfectly well - literally in the first sentence of the Destructoid link - that the Xbox console that hasn’t even launched yet, doesn’t install games any faster than the one people like you currently have.

That’s it.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Elijin

Elite Muppet
Legacy
Feb 15, 2009
Part of the point being made by Gergar is that this thread is titled "Xbox still sucks at installing".
The content then details that physical media as a medium has hit its walls until a jump in tech. In all platforms, physical disc read speeds are not improving.

So you have an interesting tech bit that applies to all platforms equally, with some rather biased anti-xbox presentation.

Last edited:

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Ive never seen my ps4 struggle to installed off the disc. The vast majority of my time waiting to play a game comes from downloading the vast majority of the bullshit that doesnt come from the disc because the download speeds are absolutely ass.

I feel for people who have shitty internet on top of that.

My xbox one however has had lots of problems of even figuring out that ive put in a disc. Let alone reading data from it. Then install off the disc part of the process has been terrible.

Thus the title of my thread here @Elijin

Am biased against xbox? Yeah probably. Because my ever experience with the system for the last 7 years has been dogshit.

Elijin

Elite Muppet
Legacy
Feb 15, 2009
I'll repeat my statement. The actual content of the article is universal.

Presenting it as being a certain brands problem is blatant misinformation.

As for your personal experience, that sucks, but that's how personal experiences go. For example, I owned playstations all through the initial generations, but no og xbox. In the last 7 years Sony has repeatedly given me terrible experiences and compounded it with terrible customer service. I have personally lost faith in giving them money as a result of poorly delivered products and services. It happens on all sides.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Ive never seen my ps4 struggle to installed off the disc. The vast majority of my time waiting to play a game comes from downloading the vast majority of the bullshit that doesnt come from the disc because the download speeds are absolutely ass.
One of the perks of the Switch, arguably. Physical games don't require installs and additional downloads are fairly rare. Sometimes there's an update, but you can just ignore and launch the game regardless, unless it's a system update. Good thing too, cuz download speeds are garbage, especially via wifi.

Tho Switch obviously doesn't use discs and its games are overall much smaller than PS4/XB1 games, let alone next-gen.

Last edited:

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
One of the perks of the Switch, arguably. Physical games don't require installs and additional downloads are fairly rare. Sometimes there's an update, but you can just ignore and launch the game regardless, unless it's a system update. Good thing too, cuz download speeds are garbage, especially via wifi.

Tho Switch obviously doesn't use discs and its games are overall much smaller than PS4/XB1 games, let alone next-gen.
Another unique feature of the Switch is let's say you download a game only later to buy the physical version of it. You can still play either one. It's not like on the ps4, and I am assuming Xbox one, where if you have one version you have to delete the other in order to play. With the ps4, if you download the digital app and try to install the disc, you have to delete the digital app in order for it to physical disc to be used.