XCOM 2's First DLC, Anarchy's Children, Gets a Release Date, Details

Lizzy Finnegan

Mar 11, 2015
XCOM 2's First DLC, Anarchy's Children, Gets a Release Date, Details

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1294/1294236.jpg

XCOM 2's first add-on arrives this month.

2K and Firaxis Games have announced [https://xcom.com/news/en-xcom-2-recruits-anarchys-children-on-march-17] that the first DLC for XCOM 2, Anarchy's Children, will be available on March 17 on PC. The add-on includes over 100 new "exotic soldier customization options," including new hairstyles, face paints, armor, lower face props, decals, helmets, masks, and other items. According to the description, these items will help your soldiers "strike fear into ADVENT and its alien overlords with menacing tactical styles that run the gamut from post-apocalyptic to the downright deranged."

You can purchase the add-on content pack for $4.99. It is also included as part of the $19.99 Reinforcement Pack, which features Anarchy's Children along with two future pieces of DLC.

In addition, it was announced that a patch is being prepared, that will include "performance optimizations and gameplay bug fixes." More information on that will be coming soon.

For a look at some of what you'll be getting with Anarchy's Children, flip through the gallery below.

[gallery=5928]

laggyteabag

Scrolling through forums, instead of playing games
Legacy
Oct 25, 2009
UK
Huh. Im not sure that I am too happy about this. Don't get me wrong, I like the fact that we are getting more cosmetic stuff, but if it is all going to be goofy punk stuff, I can't say that I am interested. XCOM is a remnant of what it was before the aliens won, sure, but it is still supposed to be a highly trained task force, right? Not just a ragtag group of hooligans with guns.

Bindal

May 14, 2012
Renegade-pizza said:
Is the Joker in charge of XCOM's uniforms now?
Considering they aren't an official organisation in any way, they don't have a uniform they need to strictly wear. So, they can do whatever the hell they want. So, if one member wants to run in wearing a pink tutu, the rest may look funny at him and highly question his sanity (as well as probably locking him up suspecting him to be mind-controlled), but they won't throw him out due 'inproper dresscode'

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
So basically it's a cyberpunk cosmetic DLC pack. Emphasis on the punk. Well I'm not sure I'm crazy about this but look at the bright side. It's DLC I'm not pressured into buying.

Jadak

Nov 4, 2008
Laggyteabag said:
Huh. Im not sure that I am too happy about this. Don't get me wrong, I like the fact that we are getting more cosmetic stuff, but if it is all going to be goofy punk stuff, I can't say that I am interested. XCOM is a remnant of what it was before the aliens won, sure, but it is still supposed to be a highly trained task force, right? Not just a ragtag group of hooligans with guns.
I'm not sure about 'all', but definitely seems to be the focus of this one.

And yeah, I'm not at all interested in this either. But thankfully, didn't opt for the 'Recruitment Pack' so haven't already wasted money on this. Hopefully future DLC's are more interesting.

Karadalis

Apr 26, 2011
Why should i buy this... if theres allready a shit ton of additional soldier customisation options in the steam workshop?

I mean for crying out loud... i can have Imperial Stormtroopers!

Bindal

May 14, 2012
Jadak said:
Laggyteabag said:
I'm not sure about 'all', but definitely seems to be the focus of this one.

And yeah, I'm not at all interested in this either. But thankfully, didn't opt for the 'Recruitment Pack' so haven't already wasted money on this. Hopefully future DLC's are more interesting.
From the storepage, this is the only purely cosmectical DLC, the other two packs are filled with more gameplay focused content like a new class.

Renegade-pizza

Jul 26, 2010
Karadalis said:
Why should i buy this... if theres allready a shit ton of additional soldier customisation options in the steam workshop?

It would make the point blank 30% hit chance more believable

Laughing Man

Oct 10, 2008
Well I would have preferred something that added more actual gameplay; new missions, new bad guys, new locals, new weapons seems they opted to expand the one part of the game I have zero interest in. If I'd bought the season pass I'd be very disappointed with this first offering shown here.

tacotrainwreck

Sep 15, 2011
In the spirit of the game, they should include a timer to purchase this. When the time runs out, it's gone forever.

Bindal

May 14, 2012
Laughing Man said:
Well I would have preferred something that added more actual gameplay; new missions, new bad guys, new locals, new weapons seems they opted to expand the one part of the game I have zero interest in. If I'd bought the season pass I'd be very disappointed with this first offering shown here.
The Season Pass also straight up told you, what the three DLCs are that come with it and what they contain.
So, it was basically already known prior release that the first DLC would be purely cosmetic with the second adding a mini-campaign (I suspect Slingshot Style sidemissions?) and the third adds a whole new class.

Fdzzaigl

Mar 31, 2010
Nice, earlier than I expected. I don't like the funky stuff either but many of those outfits will look good on normal soldiers if you color them right as well.

chozo_hybrid

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.
Jul 15, 2009
Laggyteabag said:
It's a resistance force, so they can't pick and choose their people as much is how I interpreted it. Plus, the DLC pack was named anarchy's children, which we've known since the season pass was announced. Color them right and mix things up and you could make them look less punky I would imagine.

Karadalis said:

Well, these will be professionally done, that said a lot of the mods look awesome, including your aforementioned Star Wars one which I am using. If you're fine with just mod cosmetics, then stick with them. Great thing about this is it's just another option.

F-I-D-O

I miss my avatar
Feb 18, 2010
Hope they add in extra armor stuff for upgrades as well, because a lot of those faces will look REALLY weird with upper tier armor. Can't tell if the armor on display is just paint on existing models or new setups. Also, I like how Fury Road a lot of the stuff looks. I want a doof warrior ranger.

Naldan

You Are Interested. Certainly.
Feb 25, 2015
I'd rather have serious helmets like from the previous XCOM. Now, everything is Mad Max.

Dragonlayer

Aka Corporal Yakob
Dec 5, 2013
Urgh, five bucks to look like Mad Max rejects? I'd say no thanks, but I already have the DLC included thanks to a pre-order. Still, the only aspects of this I can see myself using are the gas-masks - combine them with certain armour choices from the Resistance Warrior pack and you've got MW2/3 Ultranationalists right there.

SweetShark

Shark Girls are my Waifus
Jan 9, 2012
Bindal said:
Renegade-pizza said:
Is the Joker in charge of XCOM's uniforms now?
Considering they aren't an official organisation in any way, they don't have a uniform they need to strictly wear. So, they can do whatever the hell they want. So, if one member wants to run in wearing a pink tutu, the rest may look funny at him and highly question his sanity (as well as probably locking him up suspecting him to be mind-controlled), but they won't throw him out due 'inproper dresscode'
This remind me a story of Spoony telling the power of bluffing with just wearing a ridiculous costume.
Having a soldier wearing a pink tutu and make him pass near a heavy Advent Patrol covering his face and telling ""OHmm MY GOD GUYS! WHAT HAPPENED TO ME LAST NIGHT?!?!?! SORRY GUYS I WILL BE IN MY WA.> SORRY!!! SORRY!!!!
Advents Troops get frozen and dumbfounded by the scene they saw. But in the end they will let him pass.

I WOULD LOVE TO SEE THIS SH*T IN XCOM YO!!!!!