XCOM: Eternal Service

themilo504

May 9, 2010
I never name soldiers I suck at coming up with names although I have been thinking of naming my commanders and Squaddie although probably only the really good ones.
If I do ever start naming it probably won?t be friend and family but characters like naming my one captain captain Shepard I?m so clever.

Zulnam

Feb 22, 2010
I named a few soldiers after people I know. The only one still kicking is the one named after me, who coincidentally is the best agent I have. Reached colonel with 40+ kills. Probably because, while the rest were dying, he was in the back, sniping.

antipunt

Jan 3, 2009
Screw this, I'll just stick with my Disgaea randomly generated names for my soldiers then.

Welcome to the squad, Formaldehyde

LobsterFeng

Apr 10, 2011
Someone has to say it. Eric looks pretty adorable in this strip for some reason.

EDIT: Erin, I mean.

Gabanuka

Oct 1, 2009
Let us all have a moment of silence for the brave troops who have left us, Xcom old and new.

Kevin "Magnet" Jones
Yorgin "Von" Smorgin
Duke "Duke" Duker
Ed "Fireball" Mctavish

and let us not forget the hero of Excom who survived from my first squad to my last mission

Hans "The Immortal" Mathews

tetron

Dec 9, 2009
"Shouldn't have hid behind that car."

Also the squad shouldn't have panicked, started shooting each other, and refusing to move because someone stubbed their toe. But hey, XCOM is the best of the best !

LobsterFeng

Apr 10, 2011
Eric the Orange said:
LobsterFeng said:
Someone has to say it. Eric looks pretty adorable in this strip for some reason.
Why thank you. Though I suppose you ment Erin
I did. My name is Eric too so I guess I'm used to typing it a lot. I'm sure you're adorable too though.

cricket chirps

Apr 15, 2009
Just buying XCOM today :D

Thanks for the idea, i will keep one guy handy and replacable for running in and stunning an alien and getting killed.

But i've already made my decision that my most experienced soldier will be named Guile and getting the signature haircut.

Veldel

Mitth'raw'nuruodo
Legacy
Apr 28, 2010
Lost in my mind
Country
US
I made myself in the game along with my friends we where Chaos Squad only 2 of us lived to the end of the war.... 2 died in a botched mission and the other one died in a blaze of glory being the chosen one

Jolly Co-operator

A Heavy Sword
Mar 10, 2012
Well, I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one who does the "character creation reincarnation" thing. I just refuse to let my recreation of Sarah Kerrigan die.

ZexionSephiroth

Apr 7, 2011
This comic makes me think of something...

Imagine that you've got yourself a military corp. And you want to keep up moral. All you have to do is create a Legend among them.

... All one would have to do, is have one man, who seems like he never dies; even in the toughest of battles. But really, he's just being replaced with the next guy to walk along, who you dress up to look him. So One legendary man, is really a hundred.

Instant Legend.

And it becomes a legendarily funny story if anyone ever leaks the information.

It's like that theory about James Bond.

Prime_Hunter_H01

Dec 20, 2011
I don't really customize or rename but after the first set which all got it my Majors and Colonels will get the Guile hair. Although I recently lost the guy who survives the first mission if you have tutorial mode on. Rest in peace Jorge "Thunder" Marquez.

Shinsei-J

Prunus Girl is best girl!
Apr 28, 2011
I name all my characters after my friends and family...
Too bad my best friends character turned most of 'em into chrysalids.

MortisLegio

Nov 5, 2008
This was really funny.

I only change the nicknames and colors. It gives them more "personality" if I don't name them after people I know. Admittedly, I've been save scumming it up through my 2nd playthrough just to keep my favorite characters alive (my first playthrough was an outright disaster when I got attacked by 8 Chrysalids in the alien base).

SweetShark

Shark Girls are my Waifus
Jan 9, 2012
I must say the head of the girl on the second panel is horrifying HUGE!!!!
This remind me some all anime I was watching when I was a kid.
THE HORROR! THE HORRROR!!!!

CorsicanWolf

May 1, 2012
ZexionSephiroth said:
This comic makes me think of something...

Imagine that you've got yourself a military corp. And you want to keep up moral. All you have to do is create a Legend among them.

... All one would have to do, is have one man, who seems like he never dies; even in the toughest of battles. But really, he's just being replaced with the next guy to walk along, who you dress up to look him. So One legendary man, is really a hundred.

Instant Legend.

And it becomes a legendarily funny story if anyone ever leaks the information.

It's like that theory about James Bond.

Speaking of... I wonder if anyone's named a soldier Dread "Pirate" Roberts yet...