Xfiles may be returning to telivision on Fox

Zontar

Mad Max 2019
Feb 18, 2013
http://ca.ign.com/articles/2015/01/17/the-x-files-may-return-to-television?utm_campaign=fbposts&utm_source=facebook

So the title says it all, it seems that Fox could see the 9 season series returning to the small screen, and as a continuation instead of a reboot of all things. I really hope this happens, not just because I liked teh Xfiles but also because of the fact that this could pave the way for other series like it to be made or revived (hint hint Stargate hint hint).

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Not sure how I feel about this since didn't the last film wasn't that good? Sure I would to have that show back but with the original cast? The last few seasons were bad so I'm in more favour of new casts to take over the mantle of Mulder and Sully.

Albino Boo

Jun 14, 2010
I'm not sure they can get Gillian Anderson to uproot herself and go back to the US for limited run show. Especially since she has built herself a career in non genre drama over the last ten years or so. Thats said they can go for completely new FBI agents with cameos from the past cast.

small

Aug 5, 2014
Kaulen Fuhs said:
small said:
just let it die people it jumped the shark a long time ago
This. X-Files is my favorite television show, but it has nothing more to give. Just let it go, Fox...
im right there with you, i loved the show and even im there with you

tilmoph

Gone Gonzo
Jun 11, 2013
I'm always iffy when a good, but long dead series, is brought back. It's not guaranteed failure, mind, but it's always a question of the people in charge being able to capture the essence of the classic series, or just try to copy without adding anything new.

Zalmoxis

Dec 7, 2014
Interesting.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/139515-Fox-in-Early-Talks-to-Bring-The-X-Files-Back-to-TV

Quote said:
Remember The X-Files? Of course you do. The massively science fiction/paranormal hit TV series lasted for nine seasons and accrued a huge cult following. It was followed by two movies that were... well... they were definitely movies. And while last we heard, series creator Chris Carter wants a third movie, Fox is now saying it wants to bring The X-Files back to where it belongs: the silver screen.
"It was followed by two movies"

No, the first X Files movie was released in 1998. The series didn't end until 2002.

"the silver screen"

"The silver screen" means the cinema screen. "The small screen" means television.

"The massively science fiction/paranormal hit TV series"

"Massively science fiction". Ah.