Yahtzee of Zero Punctuation is Joining The Escapist Full Time!

Encaen

May 6, 2005
Yahtzee of Zero Punctuation is Joining The Escapist Full Time!

In over a decade since The Escapist was founded, there's been one single question asked more than any other question: Are you Yahtzee? The answer has always been "no," except when we wanted to practice our bad British accents, but nobody ever bought it for more than a moment. Now, we put the internet to the true test. This week, beginning September 21, Zero Punctuation's Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw will be joining The Escapist's team full-time to take on more content, as well as getting some face time with our Twitch community!

Yahtzee has been a fan favorite for ages, and he's been a staff favorite for just as long. The Glorious PC Gaming Master Race [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation].

I can keep going, but I expect that if you're reading this, you have an idea of who Yahtzee is, and why this is fantastic news. Starting Wednesday, September 21, Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw will be spending some time streaming whatever game he reviewed that week on our official Twitch channel [https://www.twitch.tv/escapistmagazine]! Follow us now, and join us for his debut!

"We are excited to introduce our newest employee, Yahtzee Croshaw, to the Escapist community! We hope he will be as well-received and popular as prior content creators such as - wait," said Alexander Macris, co-founder and general manager of The Escapist. "We are excited to bring you more stuff by the man you love. PC Master Race 4 Ever."

You've (I'm not going to lie. So have we.) been asking for this for years. Ask and ye shall (eventually) receive!

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Aerosteam said:
Ugh, dammit, i was just going to say something like this but you beat me too it.

Someone go get Yahtzee this in celebration for moving to the states.

Jan 12, 2012
Worgen said:
Aerosteam said:
Ugh, dammit, i was just going to say something like this but you beat me too it.

Someone go get Yahtzee this in celebration for moving to the states.
I know you're sad about Gabriel, but you can't scare poor Croshaw back across the ocean. It's unethical.

OT: Good to hear. I'm enjoying Extra Punctuation (I guess it's current hiatus is while he sorts things out) and I look forward to him writing more articles.

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
Sellout! Corporate shill!

But for real, what was he before? Just some dude who made cartoons, hung out at the Christmas party, ate the lasagna that was clearly marked MINE in the break room fridge, and everyone was too polite and in awe of his awesome hat to say anything?

Blazing Hero

Feb 20, 2015
Very cool. I was going to miss him and gabe doing videos but watching him play on streams will make up for it. I am also curious as to what "joining The Escapist's team full-time to take on more content" actually ends up meaning beyond the twitch streams.

CyanCat47_v1legacy

Nov 26, 2014
Travis Fischer said:
The Enquirer said:
Wait, he wasn't already? Huh.
That's my reaction too. I've always seen The Escapist as "The Zero Punctuation site that also has other stuff."
It has been increasingly "The Zero Punctuation site that also has other stuff some times". I love the other content creators on the escapist, but there are almost none of them left. Once upon a time the escapist was a hub of great minds, like the great library of alexandria. Much like the great library however, it has been declining into a shadow of its former self.

09philj

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 31, 2015
The Escapist realises that having popular original content creators for their site is a good thing.

A few months after laying them all off.

Byodiful.

The Enquirer

Apr 10, 2013
Travis Fischer said:
The Enquirer said:
Wait, he wasn't already? Huh.
That's my reaction too. I've always seen The Escapist as "The Zero Punctuation site that also has other stuff."
Well I had been thinking because he already has 3 regular pieces he does for the site. I forget when Uncivil War stopped but it may have even been 4 at one point.

Jorpho

Nov 6, 2008
CyanCat47 said:
It has been increasingly "The Zero Punctuation site that also has other stuff some times". I love the other content creators on the escapist, but there are almost none of them left. Once upon a time the escapist was a hub of great minds, like the great library of alexandria. Much like the great library however, it has been declining into a shadow of its former self.
Verily, this is just the start of the countdown before Yahtzee is unceremoniously given the axe for some baffling reason, and Zero Punctuation is no more ? after which The Escapist will go the way of 1Up and Gamespy and so many other sites before it.

Oh well. It was a good run.

Fox12

AccursedT- see you space cowboy
Jun 6, 2013
So they made him the captain of a sinking ship? Well, maybe he'll stitch the holes with band-aids and everything will be fiiiine.

Hey, if all the old timers get banned or leave, and the Escapist gets a flood of new members, does that mean... I get to be an old timer :O

Deathfish15

Nov 7, 2006
No surprise, they've gotten rid of everyone and everything else. Yahzee is the only one bringing readers to this site anymore. ....rather pathetic.

09philj

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 31, 2015
Deathfish15 said:
No surprise, they've gotten rid of everyone and everything else. Yahzee is the only one bringing readers to this site anymore. ....rather pathetic.
I like Grey & Cory and Marter.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
I guess this comes with the perks of getting rid of the infamously shitty Australian internet connection?