Yahtzee The Ultimate Game Critic And The Imps Invasion

Kuliani

BEACUASE
Dec 14, 2004
This is the official thread for "Yahtzee The Ultimate Game Critic And The Imps Invasion".

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/games/stonking_great/game/3-Yahtzee+The+Ultimate+Game+Critic+And+The+Imps+Invasion

Please tell us what you think of the game; use of the words "compelling" and "cinematic" are already assumed in your reviews.

Swaki

Apr 15, 2009
maybe a bit to hard on the player, it wasn't really fun enough for me to play it over and over, but beside that, most enjoyable game in the contest (out of the 8 i have tried so far).

Eric the Orange

Gone Gonzo
Apr 29, 2008
I thought this was quite fun, but the whole mouse wheel to change weapons thing dosen't seem to work, just scrolls the page.

hamster mk 4

Apr 29, 2008
Congratulations. The art work and over the top weapons realy capture the ZP spirit. You have a thing of beauty here.

You_have_a_name

Feb 25, 2009
This game is good, best game in the contest that ive played, should be the winner

edit: I beat it and it says "press space not to die" and it kills me WTF i hate the creator of this game

edit: I think it still counted it as me winning because now i can be any character xD

edit: Redid the game as the assassins creed guy and finished the QTE! maybe yahtzee didn't get that far because he didn't mention it. Very good for only 2 weeks

Andronicus

Terror Australis
Mar 25, 2009
In the comments, Yahtzee said this was the clear winner, so... why didn't it win? The controls are a bit annoying, and there are a few annoying bugs in places; it could do with a bit more polish. But overall, the art style was pretty damn good, and it was certainly enjoyable.

And yes, I stopped to read the wall. :)

Random Argument Man

May 21, 2008
A few bugs killed the experience. It was more mouse friendly than touch pad friendly. But it wins for allowing me to juggles the imps with a chainsaw.

Lord_Panzer

Impractically practical
Feb 6, 2009
Random argument man said:
A few bugs killed the experience. It was more mouse friendly than touch pad friendly. But it wins for allowing me to juggles the imps with a chainsaw.
Seconded. I laughed out loud when I found out I could do that while listening to elevator music.

WrongSprite

Resident Morrowind Fanboy
Aug 10, 2008
I think this is the true winner, much more varied than the 1st place one.

Kuliani

BEACUASE
Dec 14, 2004
I liked getting the car/jeep/thing into all the different areas! Yay for jumping cars! (jump and immediately enter car)

xelubest

Feb 12, 2009
hey guys.. thanks for the comments XD

and i'm working at an updated version... with sound effects + better collision + buttons to switch weapons.. and many bugs fixed..

sry is filled with bugs.. as i said in the credits.. it's made in around 10 days :( i'm still
not sure if i won or not... this is confusing :-S

anyway .... thanks again for playing ^__^ i really apreciate that.. and your feedback helps me improve... yes YOUR feedback adrian XD =)) (i love doing that)

LE: ah sry.. i didn't read that description.... i saw the winner :p also there seems to be a bug with the embeded flash :-S it looks.. BAD

play it here >>> http://www.xelubest.ro/zpgame.html

i would apreciate it if a moderator replace the original swf with this one :p it's the same game with small updates :)

and yes.. if you wanna talk.. you can contact me on the msn id from the credits...

THANKS AGAIN

Necrofudge

May 17, 2009
Liked the game but every time I switched weapons the entire page shifted. Either the game did that, or its just my computer knowledge inadequacy.

Twas nice though

xelubest

Feb 12, 2009
about the weapon switching thing... i know :(

i had Q and E to switch weapons before but there were some bugs.. and some weapons were auto-unlocking using that method.. and since we didn't had time... i had to remove that and just leave the scroll... but i'll add that and fix it in the near future :D

@Andronicus > haha.. thanks for reading what's on the wall XD

@WrongSprite > Thanks for thinking that this should be the winner :p

The Random One

May 29, 2008
Interesting, full of references, but boring. If there were checkpoints I would have played it to the end.

SomeBritishDude

Nov 1, 2007
You got the humour right, but the mouse scrolling kind of breaks it. I had to keep pausing the game and rejusting my screen every time I want to change weapon. It's probably best to just stick with the flame thrower anyway.

RanD00M

Oct 26, 2008
Fun game.Great music.Nice art style.But just a little too easy.Still a good game.And i think this one should be in first place.

dmase

Mar 12, 2009
When i was on top the building and it said jump and i did and my character got stuck jumping, i can guess thats not supposed to happen. It definitely deserved to be in the top 3 tho.

Spaghetti

Goes Well With Pesto
Sep 2, 2009
Of the others that I've played, this one is by far the best one.

I think everyone has mentioned the weapon change, but I also noticed on the Train bit, you get stuck and have to jump to move forward. It's not major, just annoying. Oh, and some checkpoints would have been nice.

But apart from that, for me it's the best one so far (But I wouldn't go as far as to compare it to Battleship Potempkin...)