Yahtzee Visits Valve, a Travelogue

rhizic

Nov 14, 2007
i was tempted to cry when seeing no video, but i thought screw it'll read. im sorry but a blog?!?! nothing reviewed, nothing slandered and nothing considored, all that happened is that a game company bought your heart to save themselves from a future yahtzee attack, and the only time i smiled was with your end line, no doubt placed for comic effect. urgh, yeah i dont need a video, but i think the most of us have come to expect comedy. sorry to blast you but desearve it. bad yahtzee BAD YAHTZEE. nice hat tho.

nightfish

Nov 7, 2007
Having now seen the Yahtzee, who I thought would remain forever anonymous, isn't it time to update the in-video avatar with a nice goatee beard?

Good log, nice to have time out from ZP videos sometimes and see your perspectives on the gaming world.

Oct 31, 2007
Glad to see i am not the only one thinking of his voice rapidly reading the log. Great read my good man, and that is indeed a sweet hat.

Can't wait till next wednesday!

SeruK

Nov 14, 2007
This is like, awesome wrapped in awesome wrapped in an enigma wrapped in awesome.

Edit: Alright, read it. :p Pretty good, and that last line was rofl.

Jayjaymz

Nov 21, 2007
Pretty interesting read, even though - at first - I was disappointed there was no video.

Bah, gotta wait till next Wed.

Yuri2356

Oct 26, 2007
Maybe some day in the near future he can come back and video-ize this?

I could certainly see him running over it in his usual style.

Stikasasn

Sep 8, 2007
Hey Yahtzee, Have you been to Canada? When are you goin to come visit us? ...do you even want to? lol

Ex Omni

Nov 21, 2007
The last paragraph of this article marks the first time I've laughed out loud at something online in a long while (including, ironically enough, your video reviews... but now my intended compliment is being compromised.)

ignatius00

Nov 21, 2007
great to see you out and about, Yahtzee. You should reply to e-mails more, though. o and you haven't lived til you've been to the East Coast. east side what

me_hi

Oct 17, 2007
OMG you're the reason they delayed the latest "Meet the..." video?
You just can't keep that big mouth shut uh?Don't answer that....

Tom Edwards

Oct 3, 2006
I get the impression that invited a load of random games writing people for a few days on a whim. I wonder why...did they ask anyone for a portrait shot and their attack stats by any chance?

Grizzzzzzzz

Nov 21, 2007
"How dare he not take lots of time out of going to America and visiting Valve to make a video, like the ones he has given up time for week after week."

Sigh.

Was a very good read chap, enjoyed it. Nice one on going out there and getting to experience it all. The ending was expected though!

The Loser

Nov 21, 2007
! Have to say that was a surprise, appears you've hit the big time now! I've enjoyed all your reviews so far, and while this isn't as funny, it is fairly interesting. I didn't know Valve was run like that. On a related note, I am somewhat iffy about orange box reviews, since it really should be reviewed as 3 seperate games, and so many are reviewing it together as though it is one, and bumping up the score due to 'value.'

Having been to LA (I'm a brisbane boy normally I guess), i'm surprised you were so nice about the place, I honestly thought I'd stumbled into a 3rd world country when I was there a couple years ago, catching the train from the airport.

Looking forward to future review videos or other adventures.

Tesahli

Oct 24, 2007
That is so cool that you got to see the inner workings of Valve, don't you feel super special now, you charismatic stallion!

Also, who's the Meet the video for? DAMN YOU MAN I MUST KNOW! IS IT SPY ITSSPYISNTITOHGODLETITBESPY!!

Katana314

Oct 4, 2007
Going to Valve doesn't always mean you've "hit the big time" (not that this isn't the case!) The people there are generally pretty friendly, and I'll bet if you lived nearby and were polite enough, you could probably get yourself your own tour.
I have e-mails in my inbox direct from Gabe Newell himself, which is something I feel gives the company a bit more of a personal touch. Nice to see that even they thought the Orange Box review was funny. (It's only a matter of time before someone sues the Escapist for hurtful comments in Zero Punctuation)

superbleeder12

agamersperspective.com
Oct 13, 2007
Sounds like yahtzee had a full and interesting visit to valve.
His description of the atrium to the valve headquarters makes me think there's trophies just littered everywhere, like one would have to watch their step or get their foot impaled by some gold plated trophy.

Firia

Sep 17, 2007
Grizzzzzzzz said:
"How dare he not take lots of time out of going to America and visiting Valve to make a video, like the ones he has given up time for week after week."

Sigh.
I feel that sigh. :)
I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that with being transported across international waters to and fro consumes a bit of ones time. What time would you people (not you Griz) have Yatzee have to;
1) play a game to review,
2) create a video review,
(this is ignoring the 1.5 step, write up a script to work with.

No, a journey to my home town, and meeting with Valve (on their dime no less) is more than acceptable, and I will live another week.

So in Yatzees' place, I'm going to say, piss off. :)