Yahtzee Visits Valve, a Travelogue

Alan Au

Mar 8, 2007
If I had any actual Flash skills, I would threaten to toss this thing into a video and do my best (i.e. worst) Yahtzee impression set to cut-&-paste graphics from previous videos. This threat is of course an idle one, as I have no actual inclination to do extra work to turn awesomeness into a semi-competent bastardized remake. Plus, this way people have to read the thing. Literacy FTW!

- Alan

Kogepan

Nov 9, 2007
Great blog. The ending was utterly fabulous. I was all, "Awww, Yahtzee's getting soft..." and then read the ending and cracked up at my desk. <3 ya, Yahtzee.

ynamite

Oct 11, 2007
Firia said:
I feel that sigh. :)
I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that with being transported across international waters to and fro consumes a bit of ones time. What time would you people (not you Griz) have Yatzee have to;
1) play a game to review,
2) create a video review,
(this is ignoring the 1.5 step, write up a script to work with.

No, a journey to my home town, and meeting with Valve (on their dime no less) is more than acceptable, and I will live another week.

So in Yatzees' place, I'm going to say, piss off. :)
^^ signed ;)

At first I thought Yahtzee got kidnapped by a horde of people wielding pitchforks (or fired), due to his reviews and that we'd never see the man with the hat again, ever. But as my brain recognized what the fuck it was presented with (it's a little, shall we say, clogged at times), I was pleasantly surprised. I actually thought the whole piece was pretty funny, the end just put the cherry on top.

I love the videos, but the writing is solid too, why not make both in the future. They're completely different. The videos are very satirical and I don't think what you say about the games in them actually represents your true feelings, so why not write a blog entry for each new video where you can write in a more objective, but still Yahtzee-Style (like this entry here), manner. Idea? I'd certainly appreciate every bit of it. ;)

Whatever, be back next week. You're a fucking card mate!
y

Saylex

Nov 15, 2007
omigod no vidjo wtfrofflesauce! Jesus people, it's called reading, it's healthy for you and it's properly written. I appreciate your Travelogue, YZ, definitely a great view into the world that is America through your eyes. Gotta say, you got it spot on.

There was a post on the first page asking if anyone else could hear Yahtzee's voice while reading the 'logue... safe to say, I'm in the boat with you. I guess that's what I get for watching these things a lot.

Edit: obvious drunken misuse of words somewhere in the opening.

TheECP

Nov 1, 2007
I'm a Southern Californian and I'M surprised you were so nice about LA in that small place you mentioned it. LA is a horrible, horrible place, and is one of the worst cities in the US. As far as California goes, San Fransisco, and San Diego are much nicer :)

But yeah, I've never been up to Washington before, Seattle looks nice. And I honestly didn't know that valve operated like that, that's pretty cool.

And I'm quite glad you got to eat more than just fast food, cause fast food sucks, and not every American eats it ;)

ignatius00

Nov 21, 2007
silly west side bumpkins, more pollution there than people. East side is cleaner and has friendlier people. and thank you, saylex, for educating these cretons on what "reading" is. this is a magazine, after all.

david_east

Nov 21, 2007
and now that you've visited valve i hope you can answer. where is barney?
at least i hope you asked.

SacrificiaLamb

Nov 14, 2007
Seattle is one of the nicer cities in the US, relatively modern, progressive. Outside of the west coast and northeast (and college towns), the stereotyped 'guns and flags' American is much better represented.

The fatness is due to all the high fructose corn syrup and MSG, which is usually disguised under some other name like natural flavor, spice, and hydrolyzed vegetable protein.

Demitri Omni

Nov 14, 2007
I very much envy you, sir. I've always wanted to meet Gabe Newell, and visit Valve.

Was Mr. Newell as powerful in person as he sounds in his few commentary nodes?

jadedcritic

Nov 21, 2007
Oh bravo. On one hand I hope he doesn't lose his objectivity, now that he's big enough that companies are courting him; On the other hand it's refreshing to see that flash of the old yahtzee at the end!

As for that stuff about giving americans allot of shit. (shrug) He gives everybody allot of shit, it's not like we get singled out! Besides, he's right. Medium as the smallest size is very stupid.

Elle

Nov 21, 2007
Aww, you came all this way and didn't come see your fans over at Xbox? Well, fan.

It stopped raining, too.

Booties

Nov 21, 2007
DAMN! I thought America would be able to hide its shame until you were in the air at least. I dislike the new sizes, but luckily for me I was always a medium guy anyway. I like the travelouge, but now I am HIGHLY anticipating a video review. I really look forward to them.

Nov 21, 2007
"Medium," "Large" and "King Size"? What the fuck is that? How the fuck can "Medium" be the smallest? Do you even know what the word "Medium" means? This is why you're all so fat, you bunch of road sign-shooting Yankee pillocks.

still laughing of this brilliant "comeback"
crowbars on the walls? art? humm, maybe I'll concider to begin as an artist.. putting shovels, fishhooks, CD's and other shit on plaques and selling them $.$
next wednsday = funfunfun!

taiki

Nov 21, 2007
Surprise, surprise! There are Americans who aren't complete idiots. Then there's people like me who signed up for a new account and in the process forgot my password.

I'm wondering if Yahtzee was referring to the Top Gear ep where they discover that Alabamans had shot the crap out of their own "Welcome to Alabama" sign in that very last statement.

superbleeder12

agamersperspective.com
Oct 13, 2007
Fishermon said:
crowbars on the walls? art? humm, maybe I'll concider to begin as an artist.. putting shovels, fishhooks, CD's and other shit on plaques and selling them $.$
next wednsday = funfunfun!
I lol'd at that. one man's trash is another man's treasure I presume

boney

Nov 7, 2007
i was about to spout some shit about having parts of your body firmly embedded up valves arse but then i figured, what the fuck, i'd be the same, good on you, roflmao