"Yeah, that's my ass. Would you kindly get your hands off it?"

SpaceCop

Feb 14, 2010
I love live music, but putting up with the shit that goes on in the crowds almost makes it not worth it. Drunken asshats constantly pushing to get ahead of you, yelling in your ears, smoking a variety of substances and blowin' the fumes everywhere, spilling drinks, singing off-key...

And what's with the girls who spend half the concert taking photos of themselves? Seriously. Why go to a show if all you're going to do is make kissy faces into a camera phone? And is it really necessary to upload that shit to Facebook immediately? And if it is, could you maybe move so that people who came to see the band can actually see the band?

God.

Disaster Button

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2009
Wahful said:
Disaster Button said:
Wahful said:
Can't say i have to be honest.

But i agree with the hair touching thing, particularly "Ruffling" of the hair.
People tend to ruffle my hair whenever they can and it makes me want to spray fire out of my face. I don't even know why they do it but goddamn its annoying.
When i make an attempt to look decent i use gel in my hair for a bit of texture and its pretty annoying when that texture is turned to fluff via ruffling, makes me want to pelvic thrust death in there direction.
Its awful. That is the reason I never use gel anymore. And as sad as it may sound, I was actually proud of my hair for a change before I went out and after I came back it looked like small beavers had invaded it and detonated small explosives all over it because of all the ruffling. Bah.

bad rider

The prodigal son of a goat boy
Dec 23, 2007
Next to acid taking hippies at a RHCP concert. Uncomfortable about the drug taking, but they were the most hillarious people ever, the lead female of the group was just reall angry, anytime anyone started to push she'd turn around and yell at them. Also a few kids tried to get to the front saying that one of the two was "feeling ill" quickly the two blokes from the group kindly helped them over the barrier. Lol.

Lunar Shadow

Dec 9, 2008
First concert I was in the pit, my friends had seat tickets so I was alone. Now I did have alot of fun (a chick grabbed my junk, I was in mid jump. It was bizarre) That's about it, other than some other chick knocked a guy that was twice her size out. She would have had to jump to hit him in the head, the size difference was so great. Twas during Slayer's set and i nearly died laughing. Great time, though I ended up deaf for about an hour and could not move the next day as I was covered in bruises.

Edit: I also took a hit to the head. I retaliated with an elbow to the spleen. Apparently head trauma locks me into an Irish accent.

nick n stuff

Nov 19, 2009
the worst i had was a drunken cowboy who kept stumbling backwards onto me at an Extreme gig. strangest sentence ever but every word of it is true. i also, learnt a valuable lesson that night...never heckle Justin Hawkins even if you are being positive

reg42

Mar 18, 2009
At a concert? No, not really. All the gigs I've gone to have been pretty fun, except for one or possibly two.

bad rider

The prodigal son of a goat boy
Dec 23, 2007
Disaster Button said:
Wahful said:
Disaster Button said:
Wahful said:
Can't say i have to be honest.

But i agree with the hair touching thing, particularly "Ruffling" of the hair.
People tend to ruffle my hair whenever they can and it makes me want to spray fire out of my face. I don't even know why they do it but goddamn its annoying.
When i make an attempt to look decent i use gel in my hair for a bit of texture and its pretty annoying when that texture is turned to fluff via ruffling, makes me want to pelvic thrust death in there direction.
Its awful. That is the reason I never use gel anymore. And as sad as it may sound, I was actually proud of my hair for a change before I went out and after I came back it looked like small beavers had invaded it and detonated small explosives all over it because of all the ruffling. Bah.
Trust me, it can be hillarious to do. We did it to someone at a concert (some random bloke started it off) every time the person turned around we all pointed at this young kid, who I'm pretty sure couldn't have even if he tried. Nice bloke though, ended up grabing a drink with him. (it was a festival)

Ardus_Virgo

Aug 11, 2008
God, My two concerts were miserable.

First time around, there were pot smokers in front of my family and I. Not fun.

Second time, We had major arguments all through the entire concert due to stress, and lack of sleep for the concert.

I hate concerts.

thegamermn

Jan 30, 2009
I've had it happen at a concert, but it wasn't even in the concert hall, I was in a VIP sort of area eating before the concert started and this one guy kept screwing with me. now, before I continue there's four things you should know about me:1)I am normally very nonviolent, but I do have a breaking point. 2)I startle easily 3)When i'm startled and I grab onto something, I grab on. And 4)Though i'm in my teens and weigh 236lbs:I'm incredibly strong and capable of pounding someone into a bloody pulp if I were so inclined. So, keeping that in mind, you'll see why the guy's next actions were incredibly stupid. He clasped both hands on my shoulders and yelled, thus startling me. I grabbed onto his wrists, stood up, and turned around. I told him that the next time he touched me something was going to get broken. He avoided me for the rest of the concert.

The Bum

Mar 14, 2010
Well one time i was at a concert and someone tried groping so i checked to see if it was a girl...........it wasn't so i turned wheeled about and gave him a good punch in the mouth.

He left me be after that

He was probalby to smashed to feel it thoguh

Paddin

Sep 30, 2009
Flamezdudes said:
You guys are getting me scared of going to my first concert in September. I'm gonna have to prepare myself now...
Would that concert be Muse by any chance?

Generally at concerts I really don't care what happens, theres a pleasant etiquette in crowds at big concerts. I got shoved flying once and nearly fell over, and the guy who did it actually apologised, and I said "Why are you apologising?!". I feel that concerts in one place you can go absolutely crazy and have such fun without consequences.

However I understand that what happened to you was completely out of order. I generally don't mind it, because I'm a guy so its always in good humour. Only time I was against it was when I was seeing Muse last November, and one of my female friends fainted. I had her over my shoulder and took her to the side of the crowd, and someone pinched my ass in the process. Really, is that the best thing to do to a guy with an unconcious girl over his shoulder?

Shoqiyqa

Mar 31, 2009
link141 said:
teutonicman said:
Was he trying to do a flying moses (definition: fat man tries to crowd surf and when he jumps the crowd parts like the red sea)?
No but now I want to see that happen.
Buffy the Vampire Slayer, season something, episode somewhere in the 1-22 range, "Band Candy". Okay, so it's staged, but aren't all stage dives staged?

Enigmers

Dec 14, 2008
The only concerts I've ever been to were for orchestral music, and the nice/not nice thing about those is that a large majority of the audience ranges from "old" to "very old." I'm also a guy.

Beardon65

Jul 16, 2009
Just about two weeks ago, I went to the KoRn's Ballroom Blitz tour (I actually got to meet Jonathan Davis. High-five!) There were a lot of people getting drunk off their feet. Litteraly. Eventually the crowd started getting VERY tipsy. Then this one girl in front of me started doing some kind of belly dance or whatever and he left hand started rubbing against my chest. Sure, some guys would actually just stay there, but I have space issues and moved to a different spot.

Also, earlier in the show while the band "2 Cents" were playing, there was this teenage couple, probably around 15 years old, I dunno. Some stoner a little bit behind us had thrown his 1/3 cup of beer that unfortunatley landed on the girl's shoulder splashed onto them with a good amount landing on me too. So the girl tells the guy off and that was basically the end of it. I did overhear the stoner asking the guy (remember, he was most likely under-aged) if he wanted some beer, to which the guy says "No". He pushes saying "You gotta start sometime". Geez, the nerve of some people.

Feriluce

Apr 1, 2010
Beardon65 said:
Just about two weeks ago, I went to the KoRn's Ballroom Blitz tour (I actually got to meet Jonathan Davis. High-five!) There were a lot of people getting drunk off their feet. Litteraly. Eventually the crowd started getting VERY tipsy. Then this one girl in front of me started doing some kind of belly dance or whatever and he left hand started rubbing against my chest. Sure, some guys would actually just stay there, but I have space issues and moved to a different spot.

Also, earlier in the show while the band "2 Cents" were playing, there was this teenage couple, probably around 15 years old, I dunno. Some stoner a little bit behind us had thrown his 1/3 cup of beer that unfortunatley landed on the girl's shoulder splashed onto them with a good amount landing on me too. So the girl tells the guy off and that was basically the end of it. I did overhear the stoner asking the guy (remember, he was most likely under-aged) if he wanted some beer, to which the guy says "No". He pushes saying "You gotta start sometime". Geez, the nerve of some people.
Meh..15 is barely underage. I started drinking at 14 myself (16 is when you can buy booze).

Folio

Jun 11, 2010
A concert itself is unpleasant to me. I'm quite sensitive to every sound, smell, flash of light etc. So even though it would have a nice band or so. It's still retardedly loud for me.