Yep, Amazing Spider-Man 2 Cast/Crew Would Like A Marvel Crossover

BrownGaijin

Jan 31, 2009
YEP, AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 CAST/CREW WOULD LIKE A MARVEL CROSSOVER
And I would like to be in Bayonetta sandwich. Not going to hold my breath over either. Maybe if the powers that be learned how to share their toys with each other, we'd have a different situation. But they don't, so we aren't. That's life.

Now if you follow me over here, I would like to show you the museum of hot chicks that are apparently "out of your league".

RA92

Jan 1, 2011
Because what the Avengers really need is another wise cracking smart ass.

Seracen

Sep 20, 2009
I really don't know why this is being reported. Everybody wants this except the title-holders. Remember when Hugh Jackman was raising a furor over this, all to drum up interest for the newest Wolverine film?

As I always say, I hope this series flops so badly, they have no choice but to sell. It won't ever happen, but a man can dream...

Heck, I'd accept a Fox buyout of the franchise, that's how desperate I am for a freaking crossover, now that such things are possible. In all fairness, I'd prefer it to go to Fox, simply b/c Deadpool vs Spidey (and the Avengers are doing fine without him).

Anybody know if there are any other characters or Marvel B-listers that Sony could even access for a team up? Even the characters from the Infamous games would be a welcome addition (and actually interesting). As much as I hate God of War, I'd almost support a "re-imagined movie" to serve as Spidey's "Thor."

...Strike that last idea, I honestly don't think anyone could make such a mess of an idea work...

Still, other properties that Sony owns...I think I'll go do a Google search just to sate my curiosity for potential crossovers (that will never happen).

EDIT: well, the Spiderman related guys are probable (Black Cat, Silver Sable, Venom, Clones, Alternate Reality versions, etc)

I already listed Drake Cole from Infamous (and all related characters) as well as the God of War Series (which means all the Greek Gods).

Gabe from Syphon Filter would be their Nick Fury
Nathan Drake would...probably die without some sort of suit/artifact

Sony's other IP's just wouldn't work...

The Helghast would...likely be a bad idea, time travel or no
Quantic Dream's characters...heck no
All the platformer characters...good God no!!!!
That Onimusha knockoff (Genji)...nope nope nope
A few of the Sony owned RPG's...why bother?
One could almost make a case of Jeanne d'Arc or Gravity Rush, but the result would be cumbersome and messy...

I can't think of any other iconic, and more importantly, acceptable, offerings...

ecoho

Jun 16, 2010
RossaLincoln said:
ecoho said:
RossaLincoln said:
ecoho said:
just wana point out that it was the script that sucked not the acting. Hell im a fan of ultimate spiderman and this guy acts exactly the same as spidy does in that comic, wise cracking and using web shooters.
Agree, and that's precisely why I'm a fan of Garfield as Spidey and wish he could be Spidey in better movies within the MCU.

EDIT: adding that this also illustrates how much better Superhero movies can be when the filmmakers don't have to pretend the world only has one hero.
I have a feeling Disney's just going to gobble up all the marvel rights as soon as they get done integrating the star wars brand into their kingdom, and trust me if anyone can just ***** slap sony off the movie rights it'll be Disney.
You realize this is kind of like hoping that C'thulu and Cthugha have a fight. Now we're boned.
just want to point out one thing that makes it pretty clear if Disney really wants it, it gets done. They made China pay them royalties on their knock offs of their characters, a terrorist faction of Hamas apologize for using Mickey Mouse, and took star wars from George Lucus without anyone the wiser till the day it happened. Disney is very scary and we should all be afraid of them.......

ExtraDebit

Jul 16, 2011
Put his crap into perfectly good movies? I'd love to see spiderman with the avergers like every marvel fan, but not sony's spiderman. If marvel should put spiderman back into their movie universe, they'll have to do him from the ground up, new cast, new writer, new directors, new everything.

I don't mind people trying to do new things to a comic franchise like putting new characters or even changing the characters themselves, but one thing I hate is when they change the soul of the comic, as in the general theme like hulk gets angry and superman fights for justice.

Who superman fights, fucks and end up with doesn't matter; What he believes in, how and what he fights for does.

Megalodon

May 14, 2010
ecoho said:
RossaLincoln said:
ecoho said:
just wana point out that it was the script that sucked not the acting. Hell im a fan of ultimate spiderman and this guy acts exactly the same as spidy does in that comic, wise cracking and using web shooters.
Agree, and that's precisely why I'm a fan of Garfield as Spidey and wish he could be Spidey in better movies within the MCU.

EDIT: adding that this also illustrates how much better Superhero movies can be when the filmmakers don't have to pretend the world only has one hero.
I have a feeling Disney's just going to gobble up all the marvel rights as soon as they get done integrating the star wars brand into their kingdom, and trust me if anyone can just ***** slap sony off the movie rights it'll be Disney.
Don't Disney already own Marvel? And so have the rights to everything that wasn't sold to Sony/Fox/whoever else.

ecoho

Jun 16, 2010
Megalodon said:
ecoho said:
RossaLincoln said:
ecoho said:

Don't Disney already own Marvel? And so have the rights to everything that wasn't sold to Sony/Fox/whoever else.
they own the rights to all the characters in print but sony and fox own the movie rights at the moment. Now I think they might be able to get back the rights if sony or fox basically screw up the franchise to the point of embarrassment therefore breaking the terms of sell, but if spiderman 3 didn't do that I doubt anything else would.

RossaLincoln

Feb 4, 2014
ecoho said:
Megalodon said:
ecoho said:
RossaLincoln said:
ecoho said:

they own the rights to all the characters in print but sony and fox own the movie rights at the moment. Now I think they might be able to get back the rights if sony or fox basically screw up the franchise to the point of embarrassment therefore breaking the terms of sell, but if spiderman 3 didn't do that I doubt anything else would.
Essentially, Sony has Spidey and Fox has Fantastic Four and Xmen so long as they keep making movies with those characters. If a certain amount of time passes with no film made, the rights automatically revert back to Marvel/Disney. That is what happened with Daredevil.

SquidVicious

Apr 20, 2011
Country
United States
I'm curious as to who owns the movie rights to Jessica Drew aka Spider-Woman. That could be a more interesting dynamic and add more female superheros to a pretty male dominated roster as of right now. Not only that but it could help boost the profile of an often overlooked character.

Bleidd Whitefalcon

Mar 8, 2012
LoathsomePete said:
I'm curious as to who owns the movie rights to Jessica Drew aka Spider-Woman. That could be a more interesting dynamic and add more female superheros to a pretty male dominated roster as of right now. Not only that but it could help boost the profile of an often overlooked character.
Based on what MovieBob's been saying, Disney has those because Spider-Woman has no relationship to Spider-Man other then theme.

Saltyk

Sane among the insane.
Sep 12, 2010
Yeah, I'm still hoping Disney/Marvel gets the rights to Spider-Man, Fantastic Four, and X-Men back. Who wouldn't want to see Spidey and Wolverine (both of whom are Avengers) join Captain America and Thor to fight Doctor Doom? THAT could be Avengers 4, seeing as how Marvel seems to have a plan up to at least Avengers 3.

I have no real opinion on the Amazing Spider-Man movie or cast as I haven't seen it. From what I've heard it had some good and bad points with most of the bad being the script and CGI.

Diddy_Mao

Jan 14, 2009
Do I want Spider-Man to be part of the MCU? Yes, absolutely. Spider-Man is, by a wide margin my favorite super hero and I'd love to see some of the Parker/Stark relationship from the comics.

Do I want Sony's Amazing Spider-Man to be in the MCU? Not even the tiniest bit. That series simply doesn't get the core of the character or the themes he's used to explore.

In the end I'd rather make due with an MCU that remains Parkerless than have a half assed Spidey-in-name-only shoe horned in.

Gennadios

Aug 19, 2009
I would love to see Spider-Man in the Marvel movie universe so much that I refuse to watch the movies in the vain hope that Sony can't make it's investments back and can't make any more Spidey movies.

The sooner the rights revert to Marvel the better.

1337mokro

Dec 24, 2008
Come on Sony!!! Why you so greedy for this spider? Just agree to a % cut from the Avengers 2 comparable to the amount of mainlisters are in the movie. That's an easy 1/6th of a cool billion dollars.

Vausch

Dec 7, 2009
ecoho said:
Megalodon said:
ecoho said:
RossaLincoln said:
ecoho said:

OK seriously, Spiderman 3 was not that bad. It had flaws but at least it was aware of its source material and Peter wasn't being portrayed as what hollywood execs think geeks and nerds are. AMS had Peter look more like a wannabe hipster than anything else.

Spiderman 3 was the highest grossing movie of the original trilogy. Raimi and Maguire were on board and the 4th movie was set to be filmed, but due to scheduling conflicts with both of them they weren't able to work on the project soon enough and there was risk of the movie rights returning to Marvel studios. So rather than just continue the franchise with a different actor and director (Al-la the Iron Man franchise with Shane Black and Don Cheadle) they opted to reboot it because reasons.

Mr. Q

Apr 30, 2013
I know this was a puff piece, but I don't think Marvel/Disney should haven an intern touch The Amazing Spider-Man franchise with a ten foot Mickey Mouse brand poll. Sony is trying everything in its power to ape the success of The Avengers but, as always, missing the point entirely. And that's even before the sequel has come out. Plus the fact the last one was a hot mess does not help its case.

I am curious as to what Marvel/Disney would do if and when they get the Spider-Man property back. Will they make a brand new movie series? Make a TV series to have him hang out with the upcoming Netflix Marvel shows? Or just stick him into one of the established Marvel movies willy-nilly?

ecoho

Jun 16, 2010
Vausch said:
ecoho said:
Megalodon said:
ecoho said:
RossaLincoln said:
ecoho said:

OK seriously, Spiderman 3 was not that bad. It had flaws but at least it was aware of its source material and Peter wasn't being portrayed as what hollywood execs think geeks and nerds are. AMS had Peter look more like a wannabe hipster than anything else.

Spiderman 3 was the highest grossing movie of the original trilogy. Raimi and Maguire were on board and the 4th movie was set to be filmed, but due to scheduling conflicts with both of them they weren't able to work on the project soon enough and there was risk of the movie rights returning to Marvel studios. So rather than just continue the franchise with a different actor and director (Al-la the Iron Man franchise with Shane Black and Don Cheadle) they opted to reboot it because reasons.
ok first off amazing spidrman actually is more faithful to the comic then the 3 spiderman films that proceeded it, the character is the younger spiderman who is known for his wise cracking till after a certain event happens and he grows more serious. next we have the fact that ramai declined to come back due to problems with the studio were he wanted to do mistirio and they wanted carnage. Last but not least it was only the top grossing of the trilogy at launch if we follow it to the dvd sells its actually the worst selling of the three.

Vausch

Dec 7, 2009
ecoho said:
Vausch said:
ecoho said:
Megalodon said:
ecoho said:
RossaLincoln said:
ecoho said:

ok first off amazing spidrman actually is more faithful to the comic then the 3 spiderman films that proceeded it, the character is the younger spiderman who is known for his wise cracking till after a certain event happens and he grows more serious. next we have the fact that ramai declined to come back due to problems with the studio were he wanted to do mistirio and they wanted carnage. Last but not least it was only the top grossing of the trilogy at launch if we follow it to the dvd sells its actually the worst selling of the three.
Yes, and it still ripped bits from the Raimi movies and made Peter into what I could only describe as a wannabe hipster. Little things about his portrayal just kept bugging me, like the fact that he didn't actually wear glasses and just decided to put his dad's on one day (prescription? What's that?). I will admit Raimi didn't keep the wise-cracks of Spiderman and it suffered for that, but Tobey Maguire was definitely a better Peter. Overall AMS felt more like Batman Begins rather than Spiderman.

They were still on board at first and could have continued the franchise if they needed to. The reboot was unnecessary.

Still made near a billion with the DVD sales. That's far from a flop and easily enough to justify a 4th.

Crimsonmonkeywar

Oct 27, 2013
Vausch said:
ecoho said:
Vausch said:
ecoho said:
Megalodon said:
ecoho said:
RossaLincoln said:
ecoho said:

Yes, and it still ripped bits from the Raimi movies and made Peter into what I could only describe as a wannabe hipster. Little things about his portrayal just kept bugging me, like the fact that he didn't actually wear glasses and just decided to put his dad's on one day (prescription? What's that?). I will admit Raimi didn't keep the wise-cracks of Spiderman and it suffered for that, but Tobey Maguire was definitely a better Peter. Overall AMS felt more like Batman Begins rather than Spiderman.

They were still on board at first and could have continued the franchise if they needed to. The reboot was unnecessary.

Still made near a billion with the DVD sales. That's far from a flop and easily enough to justify a 4th.
Sales=/=good.

I'll give you Tobey's Peter Parker, but SM3 destroyed the universe and any association to his character. ASM follows the universe in a cleaner more open fashion and more importantly it's version of 'Spider-Man' is damn near spot on, way ahead of Raimi's. As movies they do nothing more than function as set dressing for 'insert super hero here', though I'll give you Spider-man 2. And really, Hipster?