Yet another Switch Pro rumor

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
I swear, Bloomberg is gagging over the idea of a Switch Pro.

If their sources are actually accurate this time, some devs have been using a 4K Switch development kit

Weirdly, the biggest takeaway for me is Nintendo's stock dropping 20% this year. Just what are they basing this junk on?
EDIT
Nintendo, in a rare refutation, says Bloomberg is talking out its ass:

I gotta wonder why Bloomberg is driving so hard at pushing Switch Pro rumors

Last edited:

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I gotta wonder why Bloomberg is driving so hard at pushing Switch Pro rumors
Because they suck and have nothing better to do. My Switch works fine and I take good care of it. No need to waste money on something that already makes me happy. Plus, I mainly play 2D/2.5D that don't use that much processing power.

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
I'll believe Nintendo on this one. They have an Apple-like stubbornness when it comes to doing whatever the hell they want and ignoring issues.
Beyond the Joy Con stick drift, what issues? Because horsepower freaks not getting what they want from Nintendo's console isn't Nintendo's problem.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
Why would you want a 4K handheld? I don't even have a 4K TV.

Beyond the Joy Con stick drift, what issues? Because horsepower freaks not getting what they want from Nintendo's console isn't Nintendo's problem.
It would be nice though for more third party games to be able to come to the Switch. Hell, I'd be fine with playing 720p versions of some games, as long as the performance was solid. I'm no tech guy, but I assume its the Switch's hardware limitations that are preventing this from happening.

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
The fact that even nintendo's first party titles struggle to maintain 30fps on the switch is a pretty big problem in my book.

Reactions: BrawlMan