PR for Dungeons & Dragons
Sep 29, 2005
Yet More Skyrim Mods

Overhaul Skyrim?s interface to be PC-friendly

Read Full Article

antipunt

Jan 3, 2009
Love me some Skyrim mods.

As superficial as this makes me sound, even though the environmental mods are a must, my personal favs are the ones that change skin/facial textures. My character looks -freakin sweet-; eye candy ahoy. For some reason I cannot stand playing as an ugly/brutish character

I may have gone overboard though. I've lost like 15 FPS since vanilla (pre mods) >_>

teh_gunslinger

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. did it better.
Dec 6, 2007
I think it's great to see The Escapist devoting some real time to cover PC related stuff. Great work with these posts, Mr. Tito.

Incidentally, no chance of you being on the 3 Moves Ahead podcast anytime soon? I enjoyed your previous adventures in strategy gaming talking. :D

Sassafrass

This is a placeholder
Legacy
Aug 24, 2009
Country
United Kingdom
I'm on the 360 so I cannot download any of these but I'll just say, I would kill/do whatever sexual favour you wished me to do to have the mod that puts roads on the map.

It would make it so much fucking easier to get around.

War Penguin

Serious Whimsy
Jun 13, 2009
These are some pretty good mods, but I'm just sad that no one, especially fans of Morrowind, is giving any proper attention to the Weapons of the Third Era mod.

What I'm talking about

I play on console, but I love looking for cool Skyrim mods. That's not weird is it? <_<

The Artificially Prolonged

Random Semi-Frequent Poster
Jul 15, 2008
Awesome mods. Hope these articles continue after the creation kit releases, when the floodgates of awesome mods are fully open.

I've actually downloaded some these mods but haven't had the time installed yet. Keeping up with the Skyrim mod community is like a full time job in itself.

maddog015

Sep 12, 2008
Keep it up on the best mods. I check almost everyday on the nexus for new mods, but sometimes I miss good ones. At least I can get the highlights here.

Paladin Anderson

Nov 21, 2011
My Skyrim is slowly becoming an incredibly ODD land where My Little Pony is popular enough soldiers paint them on their shields and even the most murderous criminals sport pony blankets on their beds.

A world where the moon is a Death Star, you can slaughter a town and the revive them as a zombie horde, crabs talk like Dr. Zoidberg, Buster Swords exist, children are not immortal, monsters are far more powerful, and dragons make short work of the defending forces of a town and are to be feared by even the most accomplished dragon born.

With every mod it's slowly changing from Skyrim to my own personal fantasy land.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
Granted, I understand the mods you're using/talking about are more focused around actual technical/interface things (gotta admit, I would LOVE that map mod, but alas I play on an XBox, so no mods for me), but come on! How can you not enjoy Dragon Man Randy Savage? Once you get to a certain level of strength in Skyrim, dragons become more of an annoyance than a threat...something you sigh and say "Well I guess before I can talk to this quest giver I've got a giant reptilian gnat to go crush..." But with the Macho Man mod, at least it makes them funny and entertaining to fight! :p

Not-here-anymore

In brightest day...
Nov 18, 2009
Sassafrass said:
I'm on the 360 so I cannot download any of these but I'll just say, I would kill/do whatever sexual favour you wished me to do to have the mod that puts roads on the map.

It would make it so much fucking easier to get around.
The only downside is that you would end up humming/whistling the Game of Thrones main theme every time you opened the map. And you open the map quite a lot.

Fearzone

Boyz! Boyz! Boyz!
Dec 3, 2008
Good calls. Most of these I've already done. TESV and the Categorized favorites menu are up there with (qdInventory -> SkyUI) when it comes to improving the functionality of the game on the PC. The performance benefit of TESV acceleration is quite visible in cities with ZERO downside other than maintaining the mod.

If you haven't already, maybe you might want to look at and comment on the Nexus mod manager, and "Realistic Lighting Without Post-processing". The latter made me wonder if my graphical settings were switched from high to ultra it looked so much better. I don't know why I wondered that, because I had already switched between high and ultra and couldn't really tell the difference except for better framerates on high so I went with that. The latest version of "Realistic Lighting" is too dark, but it gives an interesting mood. Actually, fighting a dragon on a dark night is very cool, putting me right in the movie Dragonslayer.

Bradeck

Sep 5, 2011
Where are all those "I am buying Skyrim on the 360 because X (360 fanboy)" now? Everyone was crapping on the PC crowd before this game came out. Well, vindication is sweet. MODS ARE WHY YOU BUY ON PC.

weirdee

Swamp Weather Balloon Gas
Apr 11, 2011
Alright, now I don't have to scream the weather away so that it won't lag during a dragon fight in a crowded city.

RhombusHatesYou

Surreal Estate Agent
Mar 21, 2010
Between There and There.
Country
The Wide, Brown One.
The Rogue Wolf said:
And this is why I do my gaming on the PC. Mods can make a good game great and a great game fantastic.
Looks up from playing Shift 2 with nude mod...

Yep

What? It's the cars that are nude. Ooooo yeah, show me that bare metal, baby.

RhombusHatesYou

Surreal Estate Agent
Mar 21, 2010
Between There and There.
Country
The Wide, Brown One.
Greg Tito said:
Yet More Skyrim Mods
So does this series of articles bring hope of future coverage of mods for mod-friendly games or are they just a byproduct of your passion for Skyrim?

Also, will this series last beyond the release of the official mod tools and you have to wade through extensive amounts of crap to find anything worthwhile? ;)

Rack

Jan 18, 2008
And still no mention of Thuumic?

Seriously Thuumic, it's a thousand times better than any of these mods.

EDIT: Link

http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=5626

SirCannonFodder

Nov 23, 2007
Greg Tito said:
Yet More Skyrim Mods

Overhaul Skyrim?s interface to be PC-friendly

Read Full Article
About the Acceleration Layer, currently it conflicts with one of the script-mod tools, ScriptDragon, meaning you can't use any of the mods that depend on it. SkyBoost [http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1331790-skyboost-topic-5/] is essentially the same as the Acc. Layer (ie, does the same optimisations, etc), except it doesn't conflict with ScriptDragon.

War Penguin said:
These are some pretty good mods, but I'm just sad that no one, especially fans of Morrowind, is giving any proper attention to the Weapons of the Third Era mod.

What I'm talking about

I play on console, but I love looking for cool Skyrim mods. That's not weird is it? <_<
My main problem with that mod is that it leaves out a lot of the ornamentation/decoration the Morrowind weapons had.

Rack said:
And still no mention of Thuumic?

Seriously Thuumic, it's a thousand times better than any of these mods.
Maybe you should try linking it?

Kahani

May 25, 2011
A Quality World Map - With Roads
Sweet. I have plenty of mods to make the place look nice, but I'd struggled to find a decent map mod. However, I'd definitely recommend the World Map - Skyrim Hold Borders [http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=5739] instead. It's based on the road map and made in collaboration with that modder, but adds in hold borders (surprise!) as well.