"YOLO" Has Become the New "LEEEEROY JENKIIIINS"

BOOM headshot65

Jul 7, 2011
Fappy said:
Tell me about it :/ There have been times were I am playing a game and then my brother is sitting and says

Him: "Hey, do [insert stupid thing in the game I am doing, such as driving off a cliff or shooting a random civilian in the brain bucket]"
Me: "Why?"
Him: "Because YOLO! Thats why"
Me: -_-' [doesnt do what he said to do, and survives]

It gets annoying trying to do things with him going like that.

vrbtny

Elite Member
Sep 16, 2009
I dun really think so.
I mean Yolo is more of a social media thing, about not giving a fuck and taking risks and being a short-sighted dicks in real life....

Whereas Leeeeeeroy Jenkins is more of a video game thing when people are overplanning and using far too many tactics as to stop making a game enjoyable.

Also Leeeryoy Jenkins has been, and always will be awesome
Yolo has been, and always will be stupid.

Adeptus Aspartem

Jul 25, 2011
What? Neh, Yolo just hasn't the awesome shout qualities of "Leeeeeeeeeeroooooooooooooy JENKINS!" before going ballsdeep towerdive in Dota/LoL or anything similar stupid in a FPS.

And i can use Yolo only in a sarcastic way and always combined with #swag, else it feels incomplet.

Why? Because #Yolo#Swag, that's why!

Evil Smurf

Admin of Catoholics Anonymous
Nov 11, 2011
kailus13 said:
I wasn't aware people actually used Leroy Jenkins as an actual shout. In my experience people use YOLO as an excuse to to stupid drunken things. "Gonna jump off this roof! #YOLO"
I use it on twitter ironically and IRL to annoy my friends.

http://www.swag.com.au/templates/swag/images/jolly.jpg
#SWAG

Aug 1, 2010
No. No no no no no no no no no no nonononononononon NO.

Leeroy Jenkins is a godly war cry to be roared in moments of solitary heroism.

YOLO is a trashy, disposable piece of nothing that will be remembered along side SWAG and Adolf Hitler as some of the worst things mankind has ever produced.

Robert0288

Jun 10, 2008
I heard someone yell LEROY JENKINS as his battle cry during basic training as we where about to assault a trench. I almost shit myself laughing.

Frostbite3789

Jul 12, 2010
Started doing this in LoL. When we're somewhat behind in a game that's dragging, I'll just shout on Skype "YOLO PUSH GOOOOOOOOOO!" and we hard push mid to victory or defeat. Don't care anymore because it's been 50 minutes and the opposing team with the lead is too damn scared to do anything.

Frostbite3789

Jul 12, 2010
Adeptus Aspartem said:
What? Neh, Yolo just hasn't the awesome shout qualities of "Leeeeeeeeeeroooooooooooooy JENKINS!" before going ballsdeep towerdive in Dota/LoL or anything similar stupid in a FPS.

And i can use Yolo only in a sarcastic way and always combined with #swag, else it feels incomplet.

Why? Because #Yolo#Swag, that's why!
Ran into a dbag postgame in LoL, decided to check out his profile to see if he was actually good (he wasn't). But he was on a ranked team named YOLOSWAGDICKS. So that was something.

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
Meh, i still prefer the old Warhammer Fantasy memetic battle cry.

You know the one im talking about.

Master_Fubar23

Jun 25, 2009
When I hear yolo I think of some douche about to do something stupid. However, when I hear jeeeeeeeeeeeeeerooooooy jeeeeeeenkins on the otherhand I think someone is about to do something funny and possibly epic IMO.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Abandon4093 said:
Sir Thomas Sean Connery said:
No. No no no no no no no no no no nonononononononon NO.

Leeroy Jenkins is a godly war cry to be roared in moments of solitary heroism.

YOLO is a trashy, disposable piece of nothing that will be remembered along side SWAG and Adolf Hitler as some of the worst things mankind has ever produced.
Well, we can all go home. The thread ended right here guys.
Aw, come on. You guys are no fun! As much as I love Leeroy Jenkins it's still fun to mock pop culture by using their hilariously stupid phrases!

Though I suppose this thread revealed the reason why many of us use "YOLO" in the first place... it's a good way to rustle jimmies >:D

deathbydeath

Jun 28, 2010
"Yolo" is carpe diem for stupid people. You heard it here first, ladies and gents. Actually, I didn't come up with that. Still, here first.

gigastar said:
Meh, i still prefer the old Warhammer Fantasy memetic battle cry.

You know the one im talking about.
Waugh?

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Yolo is something you yell before you do something that will give you an std.

NiPah

May 8, 2009
I just like the term because of it's use in Achievement Hunters, I hear it's also said by stupid people but you'd have to listen to stupid people to actually know this.