Yoshi's New Island: What's Old is Fun Again

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Yoshi's New Island: What's Old is Fun Again

Yoshi gets another shot in the limelight.

Read Full Article

Rhyph

Apr 21, 2013
I still don't know how i feel about the art style. Nintendo seems to be going a bit crazy with the 3D ever since Donkey Kong returns. One of the things that was great about Yoshi's Island was the charming aesthetic and art style, this just doesn't have that certain charm to it.

kogane

Apr 11, 2009
I'll definitely be getting this. Yoshi's Island is still one of my favorite Mario titles for the SNES, and I almost can't wait to desperately try to get 100% on every level again!

commasplice

Dec 24, 2009
Rhyph said:
I still don't know how i feel about the art style. Nintendo seems to be going a bit crazy with the 3D ever since Donkey Kong returns. One of the things that was great about Yoshi's Island was the charming aesthetic and art style, this just doesn't have that certain charm to it.
TizzytheTormentor said:
The visual style is giving me a huge sense of Uncanny Valley...

Might pick it up, but the visuals are much less charming than the other games.
Agreed. Also, why does Nintendo think that just adding "New" to the title of old concepts actually makes said concepts new? Writing "New" across the elastic to my underwear doesn't make the underwear any newer, guys. I mean, I guess it doesn't make them any less comfortable either, but . . . I guess my point is that if I'm going to buy new underwear, I'd like it to actually be new underwear. . . .

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Rhyph said:
Turn that 3d slider right on down - that's what I did. It's got the same charm, I promise. (Or at least the levels I played did.)

Shinsei-J

Prunus Girl is best girl!
Apr 28, 2011
I was genuinely excited when I saw this come up.
I'm definitely going to pick this up when it comes out.
TizzytheTormentor said:
The visual style is giving me a huge sense of Uncanny Valley...
I know what you mean but I actually find the style kind of endearing...
No idea why though.