You are now the opposite gender.

GrimHeaper

Jun 1, 2010
Snowy Rainbow said:
GrimHeaper said:
Thanks for missing the point.

I'll be sure to remind all my transsexual friends that their gender is defined by their body.

*faceplam*
How do you know I missed the point when my only response was a definition.

MasterChief892039

Jun 28, 2010
Thank god. Now I don't have to put up with periods anymore, that shit was ridiculous.

Err.. That's assuming that when OP say "gender" they really meant "sex".

daltonlaffs said:
Then watch My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic without even a hint of my previous embarrassment. FOREVER.
You mean I get off the hook when it comes to watching FIM because I have ladyparts? Sweet, all this time I was embarrassed because I was a 20-year-old sitting in bed watching children's cartoons, turns out I had nothing to worry about.

MasterChief892039

Jun 28, 2010
PekoponTAS said:
Oh, and I guess I'd take pleasure in knowing that I'll never again have to worry about getting kicked in the nuts.
You can still get socked in the boob. I've obviously never been on the other side of the fence, but I imagine it's the equivalent.

thefrizzlefry

Feb 20, 2009
Awesome, now maybe people will take me seriously as a feminist. But what do I do now that I have an extra X chromosome? Uh... I dunno, go hang out with my lesbian friends so I can watch them flip their shit?

Chibz

Sep 12, 2008
Show up at my boyfriend's house with a "little surprise" for him. And probably either learn a lot about him I never knew before, or go to jail. One or the other.

Viper1265

Jul 12, 2009
Realistically speaking, after the initial freak-out I would hole myself up in my room and spend a good chunk of the day "exploring" my new body followed my TV and internet browsing. I would not leave my room unless:

A) Bodily functions and/or hunger force be out or

B) Someone walks in on me wondering why I haven't left my room at which point I will try to ignore my change and maybe make the other person think they are the one having a weird day.

All in all though it would be a pretty normal day.

Pegghead

Aug 4, 2009
The only problem I think I'd face is the reactions of others, and all the legal issues.

If perhaps I'd woken up with my same mindest and found that I'd always been a girl I'd simply get on with life. Hell, I'd probably find life a little easier.

Snowy Rainbow

Jun 13, 2011
GrimHeaper said:
Snowy Rainbow said:
GrimHeaper said:

I'll be sure to remind all my transsexual friends that their gender is defined by their body.

*faceplam*
Because you don't even understand the definition you posted.

The difference between gender and sex is long recognized by the medical community. Hell, I'm physically male but my gender is more... mixed.

*faceplam*

KefkaCultist

Jun 8, 2010
Experimentation!!!!!

Although, I'd need to lose some weight first. As a guy I'm a little on the large side and would probably not suit a girl figure.

crystalsnow

Aug 25, 2009
Take over the world.

No wait shit this isn't a superhero thread. Scratch that first answer. I think I'd just go about my regular business? And then take over the world?

EDIT:
Eogan Van Kampen said:
....play Minecraft?
Best. Answer. EVER.

GrimHeaper

Jun 1, 2010
MasochisticMuse said:
Thank god. Now I don't have to put up with periods anymore, that shit was ridiculous.

It pretty much does.
Gender is defined by body most of the time and is associated with the same meaning often by people,so that means the same thing as sex to many meaning it does mean the same thing as sex AND identity because it is one and the same for many.
Anyone that says other wise is just Mr.Literal.
Snowy Rainbow said:
GrimHeaper said:
Snowy Rainbow said:
GrimHeaper said:

*faceplam*
Because you don't even understand the definition you posted.

The difference between gender and sex is long recognized by the medical community. Hell, I'm physically male but my gender is more... mixed.

*faceplam*
I'm sorry, but you define your gender, now can someone else define your gender as the same with the same info? There is no gender only views.

Malikaw

May 28, 2011
thefrizzlefry said:
Awesome, now maybe people will take me seriously as a feminist. But what do I do now that I have an extra Y chromosome? Uh... I dunno, go hang out with my lesbian friends so I can watch them flip their shit?
It sounds like you're a a boy and therefore I don't know what the fuck you would be. Girls are XX.

AlexNora

Mar 7, 2011
I would go shopping with my girl friends. then continue working on my web business. after that get married and have two kids.

MasterChief892039

Jun 28, 2010
GrimHeaper said:
MasochisticMuse said:

It pretty much does.
Gender is defined by body most of the time and is associated with the same meaning often by people,so that means the same thing as sex to many meaning it does mean the same thing as sex AND identity because it is one and the same for many.
Anyone that says other wise is just Mr.Literal.
I would argue that people who say otherwise aren't being overly literal, but are rather recognizing that there are large groups of people out there who have complex gender identities and don't necessarily fit into the regular everyday gender binaries.