You Are Probably Not Using Internet Explorer to Read This

Banana Phone Man

Elite Member
May 19, 2009
In fact I have just switched to using Firefox. I have no regrets at all. I thought people must be going OTT on how IE is crap but no, they were kinda right.

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat 🐐
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
🇬🇧
I'm probably going to get flamed for this but I don't understand what so many people have against IE, I have it, Firefox and Chrome all installed on my laptop. I barely ever use the 2nd and 3rd on that list, they seem to have no advanatage over IE and since I'm not so familiar with the layout there's no point using them.

robinkom

Jan 8, 2009
Oh my, I remember using Netscape Navigator... that was sooo long ago. I used Opera for a while maybe 7 years ago when I first started looking for alternatives to IE. I've been using Firefox for the last few years now faithfully.

But, hell, I remember pre-HTTP and having to know IP addresses for everything. ;)

Ninonybox_v1legacy

Apr 2, 2008
I never found anything wrong with IE...i never found a need to "trick out" my browser....so i never really use Firefox. But i am using it now just because its a force of habit when using this computer.

thatstheguy

Dec 27, 2008
The most recent IE9 is the only IE that's been decent, and even that has a lot of issues despite being pretty fast. Chrome is my choice and so far it doesn't see to be losing.

-|-

Aug 28, 2010
I'm still using IE6 - it's the best browser out there. Sure there are the haters, but I don't listen to them with their feelings of inadequacy over their ad blockers, tabbed browsing experience, and marginally faster rendering.

SimuLord

Whom Gods Annoy
Aug 20, 2008
It comes with Windows, a huge chunk of the Internet audience doesn't know a damn thing about computers...and still IE can't hold the majority of the market?

When you take out the housewives and old ladies and rephrase the question as "among people who are aware that there are choices in browsers, how many use IE/Firefox/Chrome/Opera/etc", I suspect that number would be far lower.

Deleted

Jul 25, 2009
There are much better browsers other than IE, but people don't care enough to stop using it.

I use chrome by the way, love the selection of sites right as I start it up.