You Can Kill Gary Busey in Hitman This Week

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
You Can Kill Gary Busey in Hitman This Week

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1337/1337175.jpgStarting Thursday, you can try your hand at taking out Gary Busey in Hitman.

Back in March, there was a Hitman promotion that gave Twitter users the choice of a celebrity target who would appear in the game at a later date. Voters could choose between two actors named Gary: Gary Cole and Gary Busey. Gary Busey won that vote, and this week, you'll finally get your chance to gun him down.

Starting Thursday morning at 8 AM ET, Busey (also known as "The Wildcard") will be found in Sapienza for seven days. If you can't find him and take him out before the week is up, you'll miss out forever, as he'll be gone.

Like all the Elusive Targets in the game, you'll only have one chance to take him down. If you die along the way, you'll fail the contract. There are no retries.

If you've got it in for Gary Busey, this is your best chance to take him out. I have to admit that I'd miss his Amazon commercials, though.

Burnhardt

Elite Member
Legacy
Feb 13, 2009
Country
United Kingdom
Fhqwhgod said:
I just wish they wouldn't make those time exclusive.
Well a week is better than the two or three days that we've had to take out each of the elusive targets so far.

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
These timed assassinations are one of the dumbest and most anti-consumer things in gaming right now. Why aren't more people talking about how fucked up this is?

Zontar

Mad Max 2019
Feb 18, 2013
Johnny Novgorod said:
Pff. Nothing can kill Gary Busey.
But we sure can try. I know this has massively increased my chance of buying this game at some point.

Pyrian

Hat Man
Legacy
Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
Country
US
Adam Jensen said:
These timed assassinations are one of the dumbest and most anti-consumer things in gaming right now.
Wait, really? They're more than timed skins?

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
Since I loathe and despise all time limits and actually like Busey's acting, I hardly see the point to this, really.

Trunipbob

Oct 13, 2010
Adam Jensen said:
These timed assassinations are one of the dumbest and most anti-consumer things in gaming right now. Why aren't more people talking about how fucked up this is?
Anti-consumer? In what way? I don't know all the details, but the concept of a high price target being out in the open for a short time seems like an awesome little thing to throw into a game about an assassin.

Addendum_Forthcoming

Queen of the Edit
Feb 4, 2009
Dalisclock said:
I don't want to kill the man. I just want him to get the mental health treatment he clearly needs.
Busey isn't crazy, he's just differently sane.

I for one think it's folly. If you kill Busey all of us will feel that much more crazy without him as a shining example of radiant lunacy. All we'll have is Nicolas Cage afterwards.