You Can Play Fallout 4 for Free on Steam and Xbox One this Weekend

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
You Can Play Fallout 4 for Free on Steam and Xbox One this Weekend

If you somehow haven't played Fallout 4 yet, you can check it out for free this weekend on Steam and Xbox One.

The latest game in the Fallout series will be free this weekend on Steam and Xbox One. Bethesda announced the promotion with a new trailer today.

The free weekend kicks off tomorrow, and runs through Sunday. You'll get access to all of the game's base content, and you can even try out mods as well. At the same time, you'll be able to grab Fallout 4 and the Season Pass at discounts up to 67 percent off on Steam, PSN, and Xbox Live.

The free weekend on Steam starts on Thursday, May 25 at 1 PM ET and ends Sunday, May 28 at 4 PM ET (Note that the discounted prices for Fallout 4 end on Steam at 1 PM ET Sunday). The Xbox Live free weekend starts at 3:01 AM ET on May 25, 2017 and ends at 2:59 AM ET May 29. If you want to play on Xbox, you'll need to have an Xbox Live Gold subscription.

pookie101

Jul 5, 2015
fair warning if you get the free texture upgrade dlc for it with this test.. it adds around 50GB to the download.

great game if you really get into the building system

Bindal

May 14, 2012
It's rare to see a singleplayer game get a free weekend. Only the most recent Civ games and XCOM:EU got that, as far as I know.
Certainly interesting, especially because some people might be able to finish the entire main story in that weekend and hence may not even want to buy the full game (granted, these given examples are games you play over and over again or play a lot besides the story, so that's not too much of a concern)

Sadly, I won't be able to profit from it, as I want to try out Overwatch, which got a free weekend at the same time. And given the choice, I rather try out a game I don't know if I like over a game I already have on my "must buy"-list (but still wait for a cheap GOTY Edition to come out before I bother with F4).
Of course, if Overwatch is just not working for me, I might try Fallout 4 out a bit, getting things started in case I ever get the chance to play the game proper.

pookie101

Jul 5, 2015
Bindal said:
It's rare to see a singleplayer game get a free weekend. Only the most recent Civ games and XCOM:EU got that, as far as I know.
Certainly interesting, especially because some people might be able to finish the entire main story in that weekend and hence may not even want to buy the full game (granted, these given examples are games you play over and over again or play a lot besides the story, so that's not too much of a concern)

Sadly, I won't be able to profit from it, as I want to try out Overwatch, which got a free weekend at the same time. And given the choice, I rather try out a game I don't know if I like over a game I already have on my "must buy"-list (but still wait for a cheap GOTY Edition to come out before I bother with F4).
Of course, if Overwatch is just not working for me, I might try Fallout 4 out a bit, getting things started in case I ever get the chance to play the game proper.
you arent wrong. i know from personal experience i did a run where i didnt do base building and pottered around a bit and still finished the game in 20 hours

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
Bindal said:

People who beat the story right away and say "Im good" arent the target audience of most Bethesda games.

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
Arnoxthe1 said:
Can we stop reporting these stupid "free weekends" as news?
Some things like this arent made obvious enough. While I have FO4, I do appreciate stuff like this.

HotPie

May 24, 2017
PS4 gets the cold shoulder... Never understood why Bethesda always has a hard time with Playstations/Sony.

Bobular

Oct 7, 2009
Arnoxthe1 said:
Can we stop reporting these stupid "free weekends" as news?
I like that we get news on free weekends, in this futuristic world of no demos it means I may actually get to try some games that I wouldn't normally.

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
HotPie said:
PS4 gets the cold shoulder... Never understood why Bethesda always has a hard time with Playstations/Sony.
Does PS4 even do free weekends? Might be a Sony problem, not a Bethesda one.

HotPie

May 24, 2017
Saelune said:
HotPie said:
Does PS4 even do free weekends? Might be a Sony problem, not a Bethesda one.
I know for sure there's been free Overwatch weekends, plus there's been free betas for Battlefront and Titanfall 2. I guess it may be different because its singleplayer, but I really don't know why otherwise.

Arnoxthe1

Elite Member
Dec 25, 2010
Bobular said:
I like that we get news on free weekends, in this futuristic world of no demos it means I may actually get to try some games that I wouldn't normally.
Yeah but it doesn't happen nearly as often for nearly as many games to be a consistent way to demo games.