You can wipe one MOVIE of the face of the planet...

General BrEeZy

Jul 26, 2009
sex & the city and everything about it.
total recall. wtf.
avatar was fun but overrated, i wouldnt get rid of it. i just hate how its a modern pocahontas basically

more than 1 but too bad.

BlueSinbad

Oct 18, 2010
Chrono180 said:
BlueSinbad said:
They're making two more Human Centipede movies :(
Seriously? Just reading a summary of the first one made me throw up. Knowing they are going to make sequels....It makes me want to blow my brains out just to escape a world that can come up with such a disgusting premise.

Anyway, I haven't read all 7 pages of this thread but I would like to nominate a little known childrens movie called "Tall Tale". The basic premise, as far as I can recall, is that a wealthy developer wants to buy up all the land in a town for some reason and a young boy joins up with Pecos Bill, Paul Bunyun, and John Henry to stop him for some reason I can't remember-actually, scratch that i came up with a better choice

The Day the Earth Stood Still. That is, the 2008 version. I never saw it, but the ending pissed me off so much when I heard that
the destruction of all technology was considered a "happy" ending. This completely ignores the fact that our ENTIRE infrastructure is dependent on technology, and taking it away would result in the starvation of the human race. Not only that, but as someone who REQUIRES TECHNOLOGY TO STAY ALIVE, it came as a massive slap in the face as the people who produced it were essentially saying "its okay to kill the disabled because they exploit nature".
I seriously hope the crew behind that film never gets another film green-lighted because making a multimillion dollar motion picture to give a preachy and ill-thought out lecture of how "technology is bad" is completely hypocritical.
It might seem a bit far to say this, but the Human Centipede was an evil movie...aha I hated it.
and actually I have watched the day the earth stood still, and it's not actually that bad a movie when you properly watch :) If you can watch it for free just give it a try :)

Sensenmann

Oct 16, 2008
Anything by Uwe Boll. I saw the thread name and thought of the Blood Rayne film set in the wild west.

The point of Bloodrayne was that she is a dhamphir killing her full vampire siblings who are mostly nazis. Bloodrayne 2 was set in the wild west and featured her trying to save a human child brother (so the back of the case said, the film made no mention. Just poor writing/directing).

I was ready for a rant so much, I pressed CTRL+S as though I were gearing up for something long. (and again after that sentence).

Hoboape

Nov 15, 2010
Transformers 1
Then there would be no Transformers 2 or 3 and this can only lead to good things for the world as a whole

elcamino41383

Mar 24, 2009
Willj01776 said:
elcamino41383 said:
Cloverfield and Inglorious Basterds are my top picks. By the time anything happened in either of the movies, I no longer gave a shit, I just wanted it to end.
Thank you! I hated Inglorious Basterds too. It was, without a doubt the worst movie I have ever seen. EVER.
Glad to see there are at least 2 haters in the Escapist Community of that movie. The other being ConCarne, but he's also a RL friend of mine. Cloverfield was probably the worst I've seen, Basterds a damn close second.

Brainpalm

Apr 17, 2010
BlueSinbad said:
Brainpalm said:
BlueSinbad said:
Human Centipede...
Agreed. Oh god please make it happen.

Although just to screw with the earth I would pick The Matrix. Enjoy.
They're making two more Human Centipede movies :(

and to be honest, I don't think that would be too bad, the Matrix is fine, but I'm sure humanity wouldn't lose itself without it.
Yeah but then there would be one less cult following and the second and third movies wouldnt have been made!

Really 2 more? I thought it was just the one called full sequence?

DarkenedWolfEye

Jan 4, 2010
BLOOD AND CHOCOLATE!
They took one of my favorite books EVER and royally fucked it up for no reason at ALL! They changed everything about the characters, they change the backstory, the plot, the setting - even the premise is barely recognizable. All resulting in a bland, generic werewolf movie with no overlying message or subtext other than 'Werewolves R bad ... n'stuff ... pass me another pot brownie.'
Good God, just, just ... fuck that movie. Fuck that movie forever.

WTFdonut

Feb 17, 2009
Seriously, poorly veiled Iraq war satire and a remake of Fern Gully, Dances With Wolves, and Pocohantas.

MasterChief892039

Jun 28, 2010
Twilight.

Not because Edward is "gay", not because the canon ruined vampires, not because the books are badly written - these are all shallow reasons and would be forgivable on their own. Anyone who cites these reasons for not liking Twilight is simple-minded and not using their brain.

The reason Twilight should be wiped off the face of the Earth is for its horrendous depiction of heterosexual relationships. Even if we ignore the fact that Edward stalks Bella/watches her sleep/manipulates her physically and emotionally, and pretend that their relationship is healthy, it's still a story about a 17 year old girl who ditches her plans to go to university so she can get married to and knocked up by her very first boyfriend out of high school.

This is the message we're sending young women? And they like it? Deplorable.

Tomo Stryker

Aug 20, 2010
WTFdonut said:
Seriously, poorly veiled Iraq war satire and a remake of Fern Gully, Dances With Wolves, and Pocohantas.
Which is why didn't to see it. I mean seriously, if there is a mineral that everyone wants but its literally called, "Unobtainium" you know that the film is going downhill at a real fast pace.

And just to add to the list, Beiber Movie, Fred's Movie, every potential movie and Disney child star will be in and Transformer 2. The list could go on and on and it probably will.

Ensiferum

Apr 24, 2010
Transformers 2. There are plenty of other movies that I'd consider bad or even worse, but I hate this more then anything I've ever seen because it's just so insulting to both the intelligence of the viewers in general as well fans of the original G1 Transformers.

Conza

Nov 7, 2010
Star Trek 11, the guy they cast as Spock, terrible (not a bad actor, just looked nothing like Leonard Nimoy did in the 60s), Pike good, Bones good, Scotty good, but how all the ships looked like they were made of plastic, and the pathetic story and bad guy, it's a 4/10 movie that could've easily been a 9 AND a Star Trek reboot/re-image (1965, 1987, 2009, does anyone else see a pattern there?). I'd replace it for another Star Trek 11.