You challenge Death to a competition for your soul: What do you challenge him to?

MeChaNiZ3D

Aug 30, 2011
Eyebrow thickness. Even putting aside that I have prodigiously thick eyebrows, he doesn't have any eyebrows.

Serious answer, drawing. I'm alright and he's probably never had a reason to practice.

fat american

Apr 2, 2008
OmniscientOstrich said:
Limbo? It worked for Billy and Mandy.
Damn! You took my idea.

Well since that's out the window, I would challenge him to a cliff jump onto dry land. No parachutes or anything to stop you except ground. Whoever hits first, loses. I'm guessing that, since everything falls at the same speed, it just all depends on drag, that I would be able to slow myself down more than he would. Plus, I'm going to heaven or hell after this anyway, so why would it matter if I die during the competition?

ComandaKool

Jun 5, 2011
Drago-Morph said:
Connect Four, for I am unbeatable.
My first choice would be this game of champions, however I would probably challenge him to 1v1 of OMF (One Must Fall). Piloting the Jaguar I am unstoppable.

Not G. Ivingname

Nov 18, 2009
Hmmm...

Death, let's assume, is at very least immortal. Any sport, any game, any challenge, death has had plenty of time to master all of them. Any game of skill, even a professional will be destroyed. Death's reflexes will be faster, it's strategies will have strategies, nothing can beat it.

Thus, it cannot be a game of skill.

It must be a skill of luck.

With all things equal, a perfect game of chance with two players will give me a 50% of living. Thus, I choose electronic snakes and ladders.

With the dice rolls being calculated, death's perfect dice rolling skills will be useless. There is no skill or strategy in snakes and ladders, it is pure chance. I have as much chance to lose as to win, but just about anything else will basically give Death my life.

BreakfastMan

Scandinavian Jawbreaker
Jul 22, 2010
Definitely not a metal battle. Chuck Schuldiner would totally own me, then. D:

[sub]Hur, hur...[/sub]

not_you

Don't ask, or you won't know
Mar 16, 2011
Not wanting to sound cliche...

But a guitar hero battle....

The devil went down to georgia playing HEAVY METAL.!?!!
WOOOOOO
going to hell in style

Arnoxthe1

Elite Member
Dec 25, 2010
DragonStorm247 said:
I would challenge Death to take me to heaven. He either wins therefore I'm already in eternal paradise, or he loses, therefore I go there anyway. Win-win.

You said to have him take you to heaven. You didn't say for how long.

I'd probably do a debate competition. The question? Am I really worth the time it takes to talk me into submission when there are loads of other souls for the taking?

As a backup plan, I can just say that I'm thinking of an answer and postpone the whole thing for who knows how long.

chozo_hybrid

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.
Jul 15, 2009
Drago-Morph said:
Connect Four, for I am unbeatable.

I'd probably challenge him to a game of Dragonball Z Budokai 3, I'm pretty damn confident of that. If it can't be video games then chess, because my grandad taught me well.

To all those saying things that death can't do, it's not a game then is it, like putting on contests or the stupid ejaculation ones some have said. A challenge has to be something that both have the potential to win at, I'm sure they were just for lolz, but still, they wouldn't count.

blazearmoru

Sep 26, 2010
Most obvious one is : a race to see who dies first. Death cannot die so it will either be an eternal tie or I win.
Second most obvious one is : create life (children). Death and life are opposites, and would totally be against his moral code even if he is capable of such a feat.
Third most obvious one : Least murders over x amount of time. Every death is on death's hands, another win (or tie) by default as even if he cheats and causes me to kill someone, it is by death's hands that death occurs.

Unfortunately none of these hypotheticals have the slightest chance of existing.
What does exist are living creatures that NEVER GROW OLD & science, specifically the fields of biology and all things related.
What does exist are living creatures that DON'T HAVE TO EAT (plants) & the same science listed above.
What does exist is the brain, neuroscience and psychology.

Eternal life, an end to killing to sustain life, and an end to suffering are all capable by human feats. Let the fairy tale remain a story, there's work to be done, like making the world a better place. Talking to your imaginary friend doesn't count. This raises a 4th auto win actually.

If we assume all equal zero in the beginning, then pick a thing and challenge to create positiveness or negativeness for said thing. The end will be zero through death, same as the beginning. Death auto loses this game. But honestly, nothing truly dies but is instead recycled.

MaAlGon3

Nov 5, 2011
I'd challenge Death to a speed run of the original Super Mario Bros. Then, just for fun, kick his ass in a masturbation contest.

DragonStorm247

Mar 5, 2012
Arnoxthe1 said:
DragonStorm247 said:
I would challenge Death to take me to heaven. He either wins therefore I'm already in eternal paradise, or he loses, therefore I go there anyway. Win-win.

You said to have him take you to heaven. You didn't say for how long.

I'd probably do a debate competition. The question? Am I really worth the time it takes to talk me into submission when there are loads of other souls for the taking?

As a backup plan, I can just say that I'm thinking of an answer and postpone the whole thing for who knows how long.
...fair point.

Better idea: Challenge Death to never take me to Hell ever.

Tenkage

May 28, 2010
Ok my challenge would be who can't kill the best. Since he is the reaper he automaticaly loses. If you want a serious answer, smash brothers brawl fight, but I use Ike VS his Random character, random stage, all items on low, and yeah,

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
The Lazy Blacksmith said:
That's right. You are facing off with the Grim Reaper, Bill and Ted 2 style, in a competition for your soul. Failure or refusing to challenge Death will result in an eternity of hellfire. Victory means everlasting salvation in heaven. No pressure, though, it's all good.
Technically speaking, the Grim Reaper doesn't take you to hell, just the afterlife. He's the impartial ferryman who takes you to "the other side". It's not his place to judge your life, that's for the gate keepers to decide. So really the concept of challenging Death isn't whether you'll go to heaven or hell, but rather if you'll get to stay alive or not. :p

Beyond that is the fact that since death is a certainty, he'll always win no matter what you challenge him at. Buuuuuut I'll quit being a dick and go ahead and play along with the spirit of the thread. :p

I'd keep it simple and challenge him to a game of "OneTwoThreeNOT-IT!!!"

Trucken said:
Calvinball.

Seriously, Calvinball. Think about it, you know it's the only correct choice.
Or this, but you have to remember to change the name to WhateverYourNameIsball, since the person whos name is in the title is the one that gets to make up all the rules as you go.