You favorite Shotgun in a game.

Hobo Joe

Aug 4, 2009
The Terrible Shotgun from Fallout 3; that thing has saved my arse more times than I'd care to count.

Croix Sinistre

Oct 25, 2009
Mossberg 500 Tactical from Rainbow Six: Vegas 2.

and the sawn-off from Saints Row 2, for some reason i love the sound and power of it.

TerribleAssassin

Apr 11, 2010
I'd say the Model 1887, may be nooby, but it's always good watching someone's legs blow off with a pull of both triggers.

copycatalyst

Nov 10, 2009
Anybody remember Gunman Chronicles? The shotty in that one let you choose how many shells to fire at once, from 1 to 8! If eight shells to the face doesn't bring someone around to your point of view, nothing will.

My favourite shotgun kill, though, would have to go to Max Payne (can't remember if it was in 1 or 2). Two guys lay in ambush on either side of a doorway. Diving through with the double-barrel sawed-off shotgun blazing, putting the first shot into the guy on the left side and then spinning 180 to drop the second before I landed. Even though I didn't die, I reloaded a half-dozen times just to get it right.

Fetzenfisch

Sep 11, 2009
The jackhammer. The first time i fired that baby in Soldier of fortune my jaw dropped and i was in love.

TankTop

May 31, 2010
The Call of Duty 3 shotgun, just because of the sound it makes. It's absolutely brutal...

And the Pimp Cane from Saints Row 2. Best walking animation with that thing out.

sketch_zeppelin

Jan 22, 2010
Nothing beats the Doom Shotgun. It has the effective range of a hunting rifle and humbles anything smaller than 10ft tall.

replingham153

May 23, 2009
the halo 1 shotgun, the fallout 3 shotgun, the gears of war shotgun and the half life 2 shotgun. those guns were all either powerful, long range or both!!!

iFail69

Nov 17, 2009
I don't really like shotguns, I feel far safer with an rifle or smg or even a pistol.

If I were to pick one though, gotta be the vegas 2 spas-12... no one was safe from that beast!!

SamFancyPants252

Sep 1, 2009
Rossmore shotgun from Resistance.

example?
Chimera 1: here comes that Nate guy
Chimera 2: shit, he's got that shotgun...
Chimera 1: ah, I didn't need those intestines anyway...

Musclepunch

Jan 9, 2010
The double barrel shotgun from Red Dead Redemption is pretty good,
The part where your in tumble weed getting the treasure out of the empty mansion for Seth. It was pretty neat in there because of its close range one hit kill ability.