You favorite Shotgun in a game.

Tharwen

Ep. VI: Return of the turret
May 7, 2009
The Halo 1 shotgun. You could kill a single Flood (is that really how you refer to just one of them?) with one hit with it.

Banana Phone Man

Elite Member
May 19, 2009
Easily has to be the SPAS-12 from HL2.

So much fun for just one gun an the sound of the double barreled blast never gets old.

CD-R

Mar 1, 2009
Drakmeire said:
the terrible shotgun from fallout 3
http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20091015150608/fallout/images/thumb/1/1d/COMBATSHOTGUN.png/800px-COMBATSHOTGUN.png

Nahh the Pancor Jackhammer is still the best shotgun from the Fallout universe. A fully automatic shotgun that shoots pure manliness. I really hope they bring it back for Fallout: New Vegas.

Battenbergcake

Oct 4, 2009
Geo Da Sponge said:
Battenbergcake said:
LordCuthberton said:
The Halo Reach shotgun

It just looks so cool!
Myess, but will it be as ineffectual as it's predecessor?
Let's face it the Halo shotgun had NO range other than point blank.
Range? Who needs range! You look your enemy dead in the eye and place a single shell into his chest. In the fraction of a second when your opponent realised he had underestimated your weaponry and brutality, that's where true glory lies!
Still i like the fact i can use a shotgun at more than a pace away form my target, but i agree, there's nothing more satisfying than blowing your opponent away with a single well place shell.

Unless you're camping with akimbo rangers...

TheDoctor455

Friendly Neighborhood Time Lord
Apr 1, 2009
I'm going to go with the Evicserator from Mass Effect 2... the Cerberus DLC pack. Its pretty long range, reasonably high damage (not as powerful as the Krogan shotgun), and more accurate than most shotguns.

Alias42

Sep 10, 2009
Why has no-one mentioned the shotgun from Bioshock yet? The thing shoots exploding ammo!

It could only be more awesome if it has tits and was...

wait a minute.

Rhymenoceros

Jul 8, 2009
Tharwen said:
The Halo 1 shotgun. You could kill a single Flood (is that really how you refer to just one of them?) with one hit with it.
A Fli?, A Floo?

Also the AA12 a fully automatic shot gun capable of seperating a man from the other 99 pieces of himself. Plus its also real so if you want you can go out and buy one right now to use on all of your child hood bullies...not that I'm advocating the use of an AA12 to kill your childhood bullies in cold blood...unless they were really bad...like Anthony...screw it he asked for it...Mr. Piddle Pants I'll show him...

Alias42 said:
Why has no-one mentioned the shotgun from Bioshock yet? The thing shoots exploding ammo!

It could only be more awesome if it has tits and was...

wait a minute.
I see you also like that Yahtzee line. Its my favourite line personally, particularly the bit where he keeps going on about the SHURICANS AND LIGHTNING, THATS RIGHT SHURICANS AND LIGHTNING I WISH I COULD MAKE STUFF LIKE THIS UP IT SHOOTS SHURICANS AND LIGHTNING...

Nannernade

May 18, 2009
Drakmeire said:
the terrible shotgun from fallout 3
http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20091015150608/fallout/images/thumb/1/1d/COMBATSHOTGUN.png/800px-COMBATSHOTGUN.png
Took the words right out of my mouth.

Megacherv

Kinect Development Sucks...
Sep 24, 2008
Ickorus said:
My favourite shotgun was in Borderlands, it had 2 rounds and amazing accuracy.

I could pretty much snipe with the thing.
Who was the manufacturer? And if it's 2 shots I'm guessing that it's a Scattergun model.

My 3 are:-

- Spas-12 from MW2 (+ Grip + FMJ, natch)
- Sledge's Shotgun from Borderlands (2nd playthrough, my perks and class mod give me a minimum of double the magazine size, so I'd have a 4-shot burst rather than the regular 2. Accuracy was rated as 0 though)
- Flak Cannon from UT (UT3 one was my favourite)

cryogeist

Apr 16, 2010
the neostead 2000 from bad company...south afican ownage (and no i cant spell)

http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/1/15399/604885-ns2000_large.jpg

PumpkinSeeds

Nov 23, 2009
My faves are the NeoStead 2000 though it has never really reached its full potential in any game I've encountered it in and the 40MM Shotgun from Bad Company 2.