You Find $2,000 on the Sidewalk...

MrMixelPixel

Jul 7, 2010
Honestly, I'd use it to move out or pay for college expenses. I'm only 17, but I'm already getting real sick of living with my parents, through no fault of their own. I just have strong urge to be independent, and knowing that I have $2,000 would be the kind of security I needed to feel safe in departing.

Then again, college is expensive and my job isn't really cutting it, so that could awfully helpful there too.

trollnystan

I'm back, baby, & still dancing!
Dec 27, 2010
Debts. Debts, debts and more debts. If I have any left over I'd either buy a good e-reader or a PS3/Xbox360. Now that new ones are coming out the prises should drop on those.

SadisticFire

Oct 1, 2012
I would end up just putting it in my dragon pot. Then think too hard on what to do with it. I'd probably end up spending a lot of it on a new laptop that would be nice, and leave the ~1000 left in there, trying to be cautious with it.

soulfire130

Jun 15, 2010
i would take it. Invest half in in a CD (certificate of Deposit) and use the rest to pay bills some bills and fun.

CriticalMiss

Jan 18, 2013
I'd take the £2000, go to the local police station to tell them I found £1000 lying on the pavement, hand the £500 over and be on my merry way having done a good selfless deed for the day.

But for realsies, I'd get £2000 of bacon and make a pig. It won't cost me anything and I'll have a bacon pig so why not?

crimson sickle2

Sep 30, 2009
Gaming pc, it must be a sign. Truthfully, I'd track down whoever left it and give it to them ask them why they left money on a street.

mitchell271

Sep 3, 2010
Go to a local music shop, get an Epiphone Les Paul Standard, EMG 81-85 pickups, a Fender Mustang Mini and a 40W Line 6 Spider IV. The rest would ease the burden of my rent and utilities.

MrMixelPixel said:
Honestly, I'd use it to move out or pay for college expenses. I'm only 17, but I'm already getting real sick of living with my parents, through no fault of their own. I just have strong urge to be independent, and knowing that I have $2,000 would be the kind of security I needed to feel safe in departing.

Then again, college is expensive and my job isn't really cutting it, so that could awfully helpful there too.
Speaking from someone who just finished first year, it really isn't that much of a security cushion. I have RESP money paying for at least of school costs every year and my jobs pay for the rest of it. It's really not a lot when you factor in rent, food, utilities, internet (probably) and other expenses. You'll want as much money as you can get and $2000 won't help as much as you think it will. Sorry to be such a downer :/

Quazimofo

Aug 30, 2010
DVS BSTrD said:
I'd pick it up and yell "Who left $1,000 on the sidewalk?"
Aren't you generous? I would've said 500.
Family's in a bind and I want emergency money to make sure we can keep our utilities dammit!
Any leftovers would go towards terrain and minis, because I'm a hopeless collector. Give me 2 years and I'll have thousands of the little bastards (and probably not even 10% of them painted)

JasonKaotic

Mar 18, 2009
I'd buy every single copy of Panzer Dragoon Saga in existence.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
[sub][sub]Well, I doubt I'd be able to afford it, but yeah, I'm not entirely serious here.[/sub][/sub]

In all seriousness, I would probably just spend it all on games. I don't have much else to spend it on.

Caiphus

Social Office Corridor
Mar 31, 2010
Rich white kid living at home, don't really want to take someone's money.

Would probably hand it in to the police.

Hoplon

Jabbering Fool
Mar 31, 2010
Murderbox time! [http://www.murderbox.com]

Seriously, that shit is super fly.

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
Not sure. If it was buy a business or store front, I'd go in and ask the owner if anyone came in looking for some money they dropped. If he said no, then I'd leave my phone number and say to have the person call me if they show back up. Of course, if they called me, I'd ask them how much they lost. If they don't give the right answer, like, "Oh, I don't know, but it was a lot," or "A few hundred," then I hang up because they're just trying to take it. If the person says that it was the exact amount, then I have them meet me at the police station so I can give it to them without being afraid for my life.
If no one comes looking for it within a week, then I keep it. And go buy a lot of Amazon gift cards so I can get all my Kotobukiay statues. Why a week? If you dropped two thousand dollars, do you honestly think you'd go a day without noticing it?

Ratties

May 8, 2013
Alot of money to find on the ground, it isn't life changing. Really hate to sound boring, I would put it in the bank. Kind of get out of the area as soon as possible. Have no idea who just saw you pick the money up. I am always shocked as to how oblivious people are of their surroundings. Even pretend to duck into an apartment complex and pretend I live there, then leave after some time went by.

SlaveNumber23

A WordlessThing, a ThinglessWord
Aug 9, 2011
If there isn't a way to trace it back to its owner, it isn't in a wallet or a named bag etc I will just keep the money, provided no one is around who looks like this:

I'd just add it to my stockpile of money to buy miscellaneous things with, there isn't anything I'm really aiming to save up for, though a fancy new PC would be nice.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Given to my moral stance, I would take the cash to the police. I just fear someone is watching me when I take the money or it is all part of a set up, chance are I would leave the money where it is.

Anyway if the whole "not getting caught" is apply to this situation then I pretty much spend half of it on stuff I always want to buy can't can't (mostly imported stuff like videogame soundtracks) while putting the rest into the bank/ safe keeping.

DragonV2.0

Feb 19, 2013
knowing my luck, when i bend down to pick it up a piano or something large will probaly fall on me and ill use up that money for the hospital bills

BathorysGraveland2

Feb 9, 2013
I'd probably spend a few hundred of it on some music albums, maybe get myself a hooker one night, then put the rest in the bank. Always a wise thing keeping money in the bank.

an annoyed writer

Exalted Lady of The Meep :3
Jun 21, 2012
Put it in the bank and use it to pay for the essentials. I kinda wish this would happen to me at the moment since I kinda really need money at the moment.