You first "**** This" Moment in Gaming

tkioz

Fussy Fiddler
May 7, 2009
We've all hit a point in a game where we just give up, something we just can't accept anymore, sometimes in otherwise perfectly good games, but most of the time in just plain awful games.

To me it was the very first TMNT game on the C-64 over 20 years ago, I got the swimming level, and after many many tries and many restarts (this was before the age of saves and level check points, you failed you started from the very beginning of the game) I just quit. I never saw past the 2nd or 3rd level of a game I was very excited about (big TMNT fan when I was 10) and saved for months to buy.

What was the first "oh F- This!" moment you ever had in gaming?

ToastiestZombie

Don't worry. Be happy!
Mar 21, 2011
I was about 8 and I had gotten the 360. I got two games, Viva Pinata (awesome game) and the polar opposite of that, Sonic the Hedgehog. Viva Pinata wouldn't work, so I was stuck with Sonic the flipping Hedgehog for 2 weeks whilst we sent out for another copy of Viva Pinata. The first silver battle is when I just went **** this.

MirkoP

Nov 9, 2011
Two thirds through the first Suikoden game my memory card data somehow got corrupted and I just couldn't load any of my saves. Just threw it away...tho I did enjoy the second installment not long afterwards.

Odinson426

Oct 30, 2009
Over 72 hours of Pokemon Blue version played when the battery dies while I'm saving. Haven't played any Pokemon since and that about 10 months ago

King of the Sandbox

& His Royal +4 Bucket of Doom
Jan 22, 2010
I smashed BOTH of my SNES controllers trying to beat Vega in Street Fighter 2 (back when it was released).

Seriously? You can just climb on that fence? "**** this, this is BS." /smashes controllers

h0wdyth3r3

Sep 16, 2010
Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock. Game freezes while saving. Corrupted save file, 8 months of work unlocking all that $#%t gone down the drain.
EDIT: Forgot to add "F#$k that" to the end.
F#$k that.

A.A.K

Mar 7, 2009
The Taki Windmill challenge from Soul Calibur 2 I think it was. Xbox.
Failed 84 times. Succeeded 0 times.

That was the first.

The First Empty 7 dude from Afro Samurai...with the RPG's and all, that was the 2nd (I can remember)

RickyRich

Nov 8, 2011
Mine would have to be skate. It's completely fun until some prick decides he needs you to go across the city in about 30 seconds, then it's just a controller smashing, wall busting frenzy.

MisterDyslexo

Feb 11, 2011
vrbtny said:
The battlefield 3 campaign.... just..... no.
Definitely. It wasn't bad, it was just so bland and dull, so very average, it was disappointing to get that from the developers. Even though they're multiplayer only up to now, you'd still expect they do something a bit better than that, and that the "CoD-killer" wouldn't copy Modern Warfare at every waking turn. The only thing that kept me going was using all the guns.

OST was great though.

Herr Uhl

Sep 25, 2010
Trying to finish weightlifting in the Track and Field game for the N64.

I wasn't obsessive enough to be infuriated by games before that point. Vectrex games weren't that hard.

Alphakirby

May 22, 2009
Radical Train,Sonic '06
The mach speed stage made me just shut off my Xbox and say "Fuck this" before giving in to the maddening compulsion to throw my controller out the window. (I didn't but I wanted to)

Galletea

Inexplicably Awesome
Sep 27, 2008
Street fighter 4. Getting blisters on my thumbs had ceased to be enjoyable.
And Dark Souls. I suck at that.

Ytomyth

Nov 13, 2011
Harvest Moon on the GBA when, after 5 months of quite fervent playing my save file just....went up and left.

F&*^ that!

Edit: Whoops, no auto-filter here. :p

mrF00bar

Mar 17, 2009
GTA: Vice City, the mission on the second island when you have to drop bombs from an RC plane, took me 3 months to pass that mission.