You first "**** This" Moment in Gaming

marioandsonic

Nov 28, 2009
Alphakirby said:
Radical Train,Sonic '06
The mach speed stage made me just shut off my Xbox and say "Fuck this" before giving in to the maddening compulsion to throw my controller out the window. (I didn't but I wanted to)
That entire game made me want to break my 360 with a hammer.

McNinja

Sep 21, 2008
Ninja Gaiden on the Xbox. I ahd gotten to the sixth boss (the big purple lady-fiend, Arma, I think), and I tried and failed a good dozen or so times before I just went "well, f**k." I didn't pick up the game for another two months, after which I got my mom to watch me play it, and out of nowhere beat the boss. Then I proceeded to beat the whole rest of that game that week. Then two more times.

Also, Demons Souls and Battlefield 3, but not for the same reason.

Lewieroo0

Feb 2, 2009
The last venue of songs on Guitar Hero III on Expert. Cliffs of Dover and Number of the Beast were not too bad but Raining Blood and One...just F*cking Impossible :\

Also the F-Zero GX campaign made me rip out my hair many times, the missions were so bloody hard even on normal difficulty T_T.

FoolKiller

Feb 8, 2008
Avaholic03 said:
The speeder section of Battletoads on the SNES. Co-op mode. Nothing will end friendships faster.
Heh... the current version of this is 'Splosion Man.

I still don't know if anyone ever beat Battletoads co-operatively.

PorkChopXpress

Huzzah!
Aug 8, 2010
This sonuvabitch right here! I was 7 or 8 years old and he had me so pissed off I almost stopped playing for good, lol.

CondorBob

Jun 8, 2009
Dark Souls. After trudging through Sen's Fortress and reaching Anor Londo, to be specific.

After getting prodded to death by a lightning stick carried by a white demon-goblin with his brain exposed, I realized the game was taunting me, so I traded it in for Skyrim for my sanity's sake (and controller's well being).

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
Banjo kazooie.....and the water levels...

and that fucking shark in treasure trove cove...sorry blue Jinjo..your on your own

Greyhamster

Nov 26, 2010
The battlefield 3 singleplayer campaign on hard. Seriously, it's not fun, it's incredibly linear and boring, and the deaths are cheap (one shot kills with shotguns. Lots of small spaces full of enemies with shotguns? FUN!)

I dont know how I pulled it off. The ending actually made me happy because of the atrocious road it was to reach it

Nomanslander

Feb 21, 2009
Most times I've just thrown a rage quit tantrum and 30 mins later sucked in that gut and picked up that controller again for another go. Only two games that really come to mind I've raged quit for good. They've been been Demon's Souls, and for my first game Ghost N Ghouls, and I think everyone can imagine at which point in Ghost N Ghouls.

When you get to the last boss, but it really isn't the last boss, and you have to do the whole fucking thing all over again from level one....>><<

TheTurtleMan

Mar 2, 2010
The airplane level on Call of Duty 4. VIP I think it was called. Seriously, that level can shove a broom handle up it's butt. I had to have tried at least two hundred times before I could do it on veteran. The amount of rage that I had towards my friendly nps because of how USELESS they were is unparalleled.

That or another call of duty related one, which was the last level on the Spec Ops in Modern Warfare 2. It's not the two with the juggarnauts, it's the one with infinitely spawning enemies and a slow mo breach at the end. I almost destroyed my xbox the first time me and my friend made it to the VERY end only to be killed in the slow mo scene.

Nomanslander

Feb 21, 2009
CondorBob said:
Dark Souls. After trudging through Sen's Fortress and reaching Anor Londo, to be specific.

After getting prodded to death by a lightning stick carried by a white demon-goblin with his brain exposed, I realized the game was taunting me, so I traded it in for Skyrim for my sanity's sake (and controller's well being).
You didn't fight Smough and Ornstein? The game straight up laughs at you by that point when the fat one tries to sit on you. Probably the hardest boss fight in game. Too bad you'll miss it.....lol

XP

MGlBlaze

Oct 28, 2009
Ace Combat: Assault Horizon. While the AC-130U, Bomber and Helicopter stages are interesting aideas, Dogfight Mode controls like ASS. It's a horrible idea, every engagement gets so close-in compared to earlier titles (Even before you use DFM), and the plane controls aren't smooth at all; it all gets rather sickening.

Final insult; with several enemies, if you don't use DFM, they turn on a fucking penny to avoid your missiles and gun targeting reticule. So when that developer said it was completely optional, they were lying through their teeth.
Well, I guess it is 'optional' in the Hobson's Choice sense where choosing not to do it leaves you stuck until you say 'yes'.

The ground-attack variant of DFM (I forget what it's called) isn't anywhere nearly as bad, but the majority of your targets seem to be in the air.

The only reason I am going to play it through to completion is because the soundtrack is nice and in the game there will occasionally be a few fleeting moments where it does feel like an earlier Ace Combat when the enemy AI decides to behave like it used to, and my missiles arc towards and blow up their plane without having to deal with DFM or previously mentioned cheating computers.

GartarkMusik

Jan 24, 2011
baconbaby299 said:
I usually take a lot of punishment before I give up. Then someone said try ET for Atari 2600. I acquired it and played knowing that it caused a lot of bother when it was released an is generally considered to be the biggest failure in gamings history.

Dear god it was. It truly was.
It almost single-handedly killed the Games Industry. No lie.