You get to remove one word from the English language

Russirishican

Feb 9, 2011
Literally, because it makes me want to punch people, especially when they say it so much that I end up saying it on accident.

Mar 30, 2010
Laurents van Cauwenberghe said:
Grouchy Imp said:
Not really a word in and of itself, but the suffix 'izzle'.

Especially when used by middle-class white people.
foshizzle my dizzle nerdizzle
i'm an upper-middle class white teenager
come at me :D
Damn punk kids...

Get off my lawn!

Relish in Chaos

Mar 7, 2012
All the ones that are either used far too often, often wrongly, and/or just make you sound like a twat in most contexts: love, hate, racism, sexism, entitlement, feminism, babe, epic, troll, God, Jesus, swag, swagger, chocoholic, shopaholic, totally, suck, nigga, and strawman.

Gnoekeos

Apr 20, 2009
Relish in Chaos said:
All the ones that are either used far too often, often wrongly, and/or just make you sound like a twat in most contexts: love, hate, racism, sexism, entitlement, feminism, babe, epic, troll, God, Jesus, swag, swagger, chocoholic, shopaholic, totally, suck, nigga, and strawman.
That's not One word

Patrick Buck

Nov 14, 2011
"The"
So we all speak like russians.

Or seriously, "Swag". Not sure if it's actually considered a real word, but it pisses me the hell off.

SirPlindington

Jun 28, 2012
The. getting rid of it would make most sentences gibberish, It's evil, but I would love to see how the world would react. Probably by inventing an equivalent, come to think of it. Crap. There's my scheme shot down.

Legendairy314

Aug 26, 2010
"Like"

Oh it's a fine word, but when you live in California it becomes the backbone for conversations and even infiltrates your brain to a degree where you can't control yourself from using it in terrible contest. Me and a friend once tried to stop ourselves from using it in that way and couldn't do it for more than a few minutes. It's harmed mine and so many other conversations, and for that it must die.

It's just so hard to stop saying it like that you know? Honestly, it's like I can't talk like a normal person anymore.

Mistilteinn

Jul 14, 2012
Ironic.

Why? Because sometimes I feel as though people have forgotten what it means. Suddenly, everything funny is "ironic", anything anticlimactic is "ironic", and something that's remotely odd in context is "ironic." I can't even remember the meaning of the damn word myself! Ugh...

Johnny Impact

Aug 6, 2008
Bro. Connotations 100% negative.
sextus the crazy said:
Literary. Because apparently no one can correctly use this word.
Do you mean literary, as in "pertaining to books and writings," or literally, as in "as stated, without exaggeration"?

The word literally is often misapplied, usually just before hyperbole.

sextus the crazy

Oct 15, 2011
Johnny Impact said:
Bro. Connotations 100% negative.
sextus the crazy said:
Literary. Because apparently no one can correctly use this word.
Do you mean literary, as in "pertaining to books and writings," or literally, as in "as stated, without exaggeration"?

The word literally is often misapplied, usually just before hyperbole.
Oh fuck. Must have been tired. I meant literally.

BathorysGraveland

Dec 7, 2011
Artistic.

Because it is fucking annoying when people base arguments over what is good or not based on it being "artistic". Like it means anything anyway.

Nerexor

Mar 23, 2009
Even though it isn't an actual word, I'd banish "irregardless" to the black depths of linguistic hell where it belongs. The wailings of the pretentious faux-intellectuals would be wonderful to hear.