You have to beat one infamously bad game

Al-Bundy-da-G

Apr 11, 2011
lunncal said:
necromanzer52 said:
E.T. seems short at least.
It doesn't feel short. Believe me.
That's what she said.

OT: Shadow of the Colossus, all the acclaim, all the praise, I tried it on the PS3 and on the PS2. The controls are shit, the camera is completely retarded, and is it too much to ask that wander can actually grab a ledge when I really need him to.

Spider RedNight

There are holes in my brain
Oct 8, 2011
Okay, now I'm confused; does said game have to be "infamously bad" or can it just mean "I hated this game, so I think I'll put it"?

E.T. is an INFAMOUSLY bad game. Knights of the Old Republic is a CRITICALLY ACCLAIMED game, it's just not for everyone.

OT - Sure, I'll add E.T. and maybe that one X-Men game that Angry Video Game Nerd reviewed in his Wolverine repertoire. Laughs abound.

Ubermetalhed

Sep 15, 2009
hazabaza1 said:
Does Alpha Protocol count as "infamously bad"? Because while most people hated it, I loved it.
Clueless reviewers ruined its reputation when in actual fact the game is brilliant. I 'suffered' through it with a huge smile on my face.

I got through Duke Nukem if that counts. Not quite sure what games are classed as infamously bad bar E.T.

Aprilgold

Apr 1, 2011
Nostalgia Ripoff said:
But I already played Oblivion!

[small]Ooh, controversial![/small]
Damn good one, so did I damn it.

Also, I already played Limbo and Braid, TAKE THAT ARTSY INDIE GAMES, Y U NO FUN!

Risingblade said:
but I don't wanna play knight of the old republic!
Y U so good at ninjaing?

Denariax

Nov 3, 2010
Infamously bad means little from person to person. I think Skyrim is among one of the worst games this year along with Duke Nukem Forever and all the rehashed shooters, but everyone else gobbles it up.

So I'll reserve my loathing for Fallout New Vegas, the only game I've beaten without knowing I've beaten it until the credits showed up. Worst 5 hours I've spent.

Solo-Wing

Wanna have a bad time?
Dec 15, 2010
Assassin Xaero said:
HoradricNoob said:
First: Dirge of Cerberus was awesome.
Ok, I stand corrected, there is another person that liked it.
And here is a Third. That game was actually really fun. Unlike Sonic Unleashed. Which i stated I would probably rather headbutt a bullet then play again. Or Play Sonic '06 instead of that.

Denariax

Nov 3, 2010
Dirge of Cerberus wasn't that bad. It was bad but not legitimately horrible enough for me to throw axes at.

Also: Sonic Unleashed for the Wii. It's like a Johnny Bravo Monkey Dance simulator. With that in mind go play it and tell me how many women fly after ya.

captaincabbage

Apr 8, 2010
I'll play through Lair on PS3. Whilst it was a terrible game, I have actually beaten it before, thanks to the update to allow analog controls.

Besides, I just love flying the dragons. They may feel fat and unresponsive in combat, but they do feel like real creatures and if there's on thing they did right in that game, it was the dragon animations, they were just beautiful.

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
Fuck I almost beat Whiplash once, I'M NOT GOING BACK! YOU CAN'T MAKE ME!

IamLEAM1983

Neloth's got swag.
Aug 22, 2011
Big Rigs, because the AI wouldn't give me the slightest challenge whatsoever. I could roll around in tight circles while going exponentially faster, head beyond the edges of the map and run the track backwards six times and still take first place with my eyes closed.

Other than that, the game is notoriously crash-phone. It wouldn't be that much of a playthrough, all things considered.

BlueKunai

Dec 30, 2010
I've already finished Duke Nukem Forever and Sonic Unleashed (both X360 versions), both of which people seem to widely hate, but I managed to finish both of them without coughing up blood. And aside from those asenine Werehog levels, I quite enjoyed Sonic Unleashed. Also I didn't find DNF as bad as everyone said, probably because I didn't hobble through the 14 long years of hype.

If I were to play a genuinely terrible game, I would probably play the LoZ CDI games, just because I liked how hilariously terrible the cutscenes were :p

Matthew Valkanov

Jun 8, 2011
I played and finished "Too Human", just because I was fascinated by the story. Basicly Norse mythology meets the Matrix. But the game itself was agonisingly bad...