You Just Activated My Trap Card!

HoboToben

May 13, 2013
[http://s1349.photobucket.com/user/Rory_Fluker/media/Trapcard_zpsc1abf00d.png.html]

Evening, everyone.

I know this is predominantly a video game forum but, due to my leanings in the recent months, Table Top gaming has attacked me with force. And I'm hooked like a fish.

Starting off with a game some of you may know, Fluxx. A brilliant, fast paced card game that looses friends faster than a 20 round bout of Mario Party 3. It's slick, it's funny and its got a whole load of different styles, from Zombies to Pirates (I personally have the Space version)

Of course, I'm not very aware of many other card games, so I would like to ask you guys if you could give me some recommendations. I'm aware of Magic the Gathering, Yu-Gi-Oh, Munchkin and Carcassonne and play them often enough, but I really want to expand my knowledge and buy some fun, interesting games.

So, if you have any games to suggest or if you just want to show off your awesome cards, please don't hesitate!

Stay Frosty!

Atlys

is best pony
Mar 3, 2011
My friend bought a card game at a book store back when we were roommates. It was called Killer Bunnies and the Quest for the Magic Carrot. That game soaked up a lot of our time and is a lot of fun. Especially when you have a lot of people to play it with. You can get expansion decks too that you can just mix in with your basics. Its worth a look.

Dragoon

Jan 19, 2010
I'd give Bang! a go, it's a fun Cowboy card game and really fun to play with friends.

Gatx

Jul 7, 2011
I'd recommend Anima, it's supposed to be out of print but there are a good number of copies still on Amazon. It's a mix between Yu-Gi-Oh and a tabletop RPG. You gather a party, visit areas, get spells and artifacts in order to be the first one to save the world. It's all done through cards too so every time you play it'll turn out different. Actually it's kind of like Munchkin, but with card art that resembles Magic and Yu-Gi-Oh more than newspaper comics.

Much more easily obtainable is Resistance. You'll need at least 5 people for it to be fun but if you do manage to gather up a big enough group, it is awesome.

Fudj

May 1, 2008
Pandemic is amazing, as is Small World.....pretty much go to youtube and look for a show called Tabletop if you don't already know it (hosted by nerd king Wil Wheton) it has tonnes of good games on there.

if you like storytelling games try Gloom (its a lot of fun, the object being to make your characters as miserable as possible while others as happy as possible).

Fleetfiend

Jun 1, 2011
I'm not sure about many card games, but some tabletop board games you should look at are Small World, Arkham Horror (I've heard they are awesome) and Twilight Imperium. TI is the first real delve into tabletop boardgames I've taken, and it's an epicly awesome experience.

But if you want to see some entertaining board games talks and reviews, check out Shut Up & Sit Down on youtube. Here's the one on Twilight Imperium...