You know Video Games have ruined you when...

Bostur

Mar 14, 2011
Sorry for breaking the format with a real life experience.

I remember a weekend having pulled an all nighter playing X-Com. The next day I went to the cinema to watch the Stargate movie. In one scene they were fighting aliens in a chamber with a lot of pillars. I constantly expected a green number to pop up in the lower right corner when an enemy came around a corner.

(In X-Com when you spot an enemy it will be designated with a number in the lower right corner that can be clicked to scroll to the enemy.)

Ok back on topic:
When you're watching the Lord of the Rings movie and swear at Gandalf for rolling a 1 when fighting the Balrog.

Benny Blanco

Jan 23, 2008
You repeatedly jump headfirst into a low brick ceiling in hope of coins or mushrooms emerging.

You are constantly annoyed by the irregular shape of items in your backpack and feel a need to reorder them on a more efficient basis, filling every square.

You think of achievements you should gain for completing challenging life tasks.

You use the words "pwned", "nerfed", or "n00b" out loud.

Urgh76

May 27, 2009
When I can't go about my daily business without music playing in my head

I don't complain though :3

DrOswald

Apr 22, 2011
When you hear a large truck backing up (BEEP BEEP BEEP) and immediately start looking for a bomb.

Generalissimo

Your Commander-in-Chief
Legacy
Jun 15, 2011
Country
UK
every time i wake up in the morning i hear in my head: "establishing battlefield control; standby" (that's from C&C tiberian sub btw)

theSHAH

Jul 31, 2011
RL experience: When you're waiting on someone to show up and know they're on their way so you attempt to cast mindvision to check on their progress. (Ya I'm lame, in my defense I didn't actually make any physical movements but I thought I could. I was playing on my priest a lot that month)

Devious Boomer

Nov 18, 2009
When you keep wishing you could reload a save state in your life because of a crushing failure. Life is hardcore.

Jakub324

Jan 23, 2011
You stop playing CoD and then your dog jumps on you and you instinctively snap it's neck.

InsipidMadness

Mar 26, 2010
Whenever you look up to see a plane, you check to see which direction it's going to confirm whether it's a spyplane or a counter-spyplane.

Distorted Stu

Sep 22, 2009
You run over a old lady and scream "TEN POINTS!"

Okay that never happened but i had to carry a very drunken friend to the toilet before because he was wasted. I was quiet drunk at the time too and as soon as i got him to step foot in the gents he threw up and hit the back wall, above the toilet. I then scream "TEN POINTS!" and as both gamers we laughed. Well. I laughed, he chuckled then choked on his vomit a little.

Good times.

Togs

Dec 8, 2010
When you can no longer enjoy other mediums as they just cant hold your attention as well.

(Recently realised Id stopped reading, went back to my all time favourite as a warm up, got bored 30 pages in, not cool and not happy).

James Crook

Jul 15, 2011
When you hear "SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS" and get startled and start fucking screaming "GET AWAY FROM MY HOUSE AAAAAAAAAAAAA"