"You Know What? You Guys Are Dicks."

Antiparticle

Dec 8, 2008
Portal Maniac said:
So I ask you, Escapists. Have you ever played with people who are absolute dicks and should go die in a fire?
Yes, but only, oh, every time I play on Xbox Live. You get used to it after a while... well, a bit, anyway.

I've been playing a lot of TF2 lately and I encounter all kinds of crap: people glitching and building sentry guns in unreachable positions, hosts who ragequit, people who taunt after every fucking kill they make no matter how easy it was, people who go have a relaxed cup of tea in the middle of the match and just stand still in the respawn room for twenty minutes, and of course the neverending stream of 12 year old kids or creepy stoned guys who scream, cuss, sing, or belch in the microphone. Welcome to the Xbox "family" indeed. More like a zoo or insane asylum.

Oct 9, 2008
Kaijj said:
I play sniper in Battlefield 2142 and I get kicked for lucky headshots.
Sadly as the BF2142 community is getting small with the amount of decent servers left, I myself find it hard to stick to 1 server, due to the amount of jumping around I have to do as (Not meaning to sound upstuck) I am technically skilled and always accused of cheating.

Jun 8, 2009
GeoPB said:
People that quit when they are losing.
People that sing on Live.
Kids that yammer on about shit.
SNIPERS!
Sniping is a perfectly legitimate, intelligent, well thought out and utterly infuriating tactic.

As much as I hate (REALLY hate) getting the reapers bullet through the head in games I have to admire their accuracy... their never-failing accuracy which seems to peg me through the head two seconds after I leave cover!

PS: I hate people who like to rub the fact that they're wiping the floor with me doing something to rub it in like yelling "NOOB!!!" or tea-bagging me (Though depending on my mood this can just be hilarious.)

Kaijj

May 5, 2009
Kronnykrios said:
Kaijj said:
I play sniper in Battlefield 2142 and I get kicked for lucky headshots.
Sadly as the BF2142 community is getting small with the amount of decent servers left, I myself find it hard to stick to 1 server, due to the amount of jumping around I have to do as (Not meaning to sound upstuck) I am technically skilled and always accused of cheating.
Yes... it does seem to be dying out. What a shame. Come to think of it, I havn't played that in a while. I should do that.

squid5580

Elite Member
Feb 20, 2008
Portal Maniac said:
I just took out my Left 4 Dead and popped it in. I thought I would enjoy a nice game of killing some Louis as a smoker. Evidently, I was wrong.

I did a quick join into 3 different games, and within 5 seconds I was booted from both of them. Had I done anything wrong? Had I spawned? Had I even said anything yet? All of them no.

So I ask you, Escapists. Have you ever played with people who are absolute dicks and should go die in a fire?
I am going to offer a counter arguement here. Maybe just maybe it had nothing to do with you personally. Maybe they wanted to play with friends. Maybe since you didn't say anything they thought you didn't have a mic and didn't want that hassle. Maybe one of them recognized your handle from another game and thought you were a "dick". They could have let you into the match played for a little while then booted you. That is being a dick. Booting you before the game starts isn't.

Tonimata

Jul 21, 2008
Generally people who don't cooperate.
They need to be put into caves.
THAT DON'T HAVE INTERNET CONNECTIONS!

Oct 9, 2008
Kaijj said:
Yes... it does seem to be dying out. What a shame. Come to think of it, I havn't played that in a while. I should do that.
Sadly after about 2 accounts both stop working with a variety of different CD/EA Download manager authentication issues, I sadly cannot run it anymore.

Well, mabye its a message to stop me being too awesome.

I have to say though, thankfully EA did control GSP's who could sell gameservers for BF2142, or else we might of had a substanceuial amount more kids who scrounge together their pocket money for a cheap server *relives Counter Strike: Source memories of feisty kids*

Zac_Dai

Oct 21, 2008
I might get flamed for this but there definitely is a difference in quality between European and American gaming communities.

Don't know if its a cultural thing or what but if I start playing any online game into the American time-zone I know I'm guaranteed to encounter a lot of dicks.

Not saying that European gamers are perfect but they are usually a lot less prone to being complete assholes online or at least making it known.

Kinguendo

Apr 10, 2009
I set up my own matches and invite 2 or 3 friends and then I open it up to the public, if I do get some people I dont know on my team I give them a chance if they pull some crap then it WILL be 3 on 1 so they are going to get kicked but I make sure they know that before they try to do something stupid... fair?

SsilverR

Feb 26, 2009
maybe all the people knew each other in real life and wanted a private game ... or maybe ur right and they were twats to the core

sirdanrhodes

Nov 7, 2007
Always happens... ALWAYS! I once got booted for pouncing someone who was low on health and not near his team mates.

El Poncho

Techno Hippy will eat your soul!
May 21, 2009
Lots of times in WoW when i played it , they kept all getting killed in an instance so after i'd say the fifth in a row i couldn't stand it anymore so i ran in they followed aggroed alot and the BAM bubble hearth, because they deserved it:)

Cuniculus

May 29, 2009
It happens... and it mostly happens the way you describe it when they're playing with a group of friends and are too stupid to put a password on the game...

Lordkeppington

Jun 19, 2009
Yes it happend to me also on Left 4 dead as i was trying to join a friends game and ended up on the opposeing team who promtly booted me several times

Optimus Hagrid

Feb 14, 2009
I don't know if on the PC version of L4D, when a microphone is plugged in a little symbol appears next to your name. However in 360 lobbies of the same game numerous people have been kicked for lacking this symbol.

I was on a Half Life 2 Deathmatch server recently and somebody was typing full caps swearing and being a knob. Suddenly, he started spamming a bunch of childish insults at the admin, and soon left.

The admin then revealed that he was so tired of the childish person, he decided to whisper to him "What are you wearing?"

insanejigsaw

Jun 21, 2009
Well most of the time you get kicked is there waiting for a friend to come or they are just mean.. My example is I play combat arms a fps shooter online game I constantly get called a hacker for killing and actually AIMING.

ItsAChiaotzu

Apr 20, 2009
Portal Maniac said:
I did a quick join into 3 different games, and within 5 seconds I was booted from both of them.
You said both for 3 games. That does not work.

Anyway that never happened to me, but I don't play online that much so....

PureChaos

Aug 16, 2008
i play a lot of Phantasy Star Online: Blue Burst and so far:
when making a room saying i want to sell a specific item, i get people joining asking if i have other stuff to sell without saying anything about the item i'm actually selling
they also join said selling room and get pissed off when i don't want to go hunting with them, i just want to sell my item
during a game, they join, bugger off and do their own thing then complain that i wasn't around to help them then moan again that i'm taking to long to find them so i can resurrect them